Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Axion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,813 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Ive staked 25m for 12 days to cover across the first two auctions and see what type of returns I get out of that. The rest of my holdings are across 1-3 year stakes and one stake of 2.5m over the maximum 5555 days as a long shot gamble for a retirement fund :D

Thats a big stack for an outside alt, hope it pays off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭KilOit

Ive staked 25m for 12 days to cover across the first two auctions and see what type of returns I get out of that. The rest of my holdings are across 1-3 year stakes and one stake of 2.5m over the maximum 5555 days as a long shot gamble for a retirement fund :D

14a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Thats a big stack for an outside alt, hope it pays off

So do I :p

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Tango One

When is the second auction?

Tango One wrote: »
    When is the second auction?

The big weekly auction is every Friday. There are smaller daily auctions every day (which have all been oversubscribed so far).

• Advertisement

Basically with the auction we're trying to see if we can buy it at better than market price?

Basically with the auction we're trying to see if we can buy it at better than market price?

Pretty much.

The auction price is capped at no better than 10% below the average weekly price. So this big spike in the last 24 hours will result in a huge discount v current market price in the auction. Also 'whales' can buy huge amounts not normally available on the open market without having to pay a premium as the price spikes with their big buy. Add to that the option to use a referral code and get an additional 10% on top of your purchase amount and there is huge potential for good discounts.

All auction purchases are then autostaked for 14 days to prevent against arbitrage.

Good, I might try it out, when does the auction window open for the big one tomorrow and is it recommended to get the bid in early?

Good, I might try it out, when does the auction window open for the big one tomorrow and is it recommended to get the bid in early?

I think it starts around 4am our time, lasts 24 hours. There is no advantage to getting in early. I'd recommend to get in late so you can see the share price and see how much ETH has already been commited. The auction page gives the exact breakdown of auction rate per ETH vs Uniswap price for ETH so you know what the best rate is.

Don't forget to use a referral to get that extra 10%. My referral is in the referral page if you want it.

Just had a 200ETH but a moment ago and the price touch .0007.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

Anyone know a good site for looking at historical price of AXN and other crypto? They all only seem to go back 5 days.

• Advertisement

Pdoghue wrote: »
    Anyone know a good site for looking at historical price of AXN and other crypto? They all only seem to go back 5 days.

Maybe coingeko and look for Hex2t

Just want to find out how much ETH I used to buy HEX2T at the time.. Not apparent on Etherscan.

Just want to find out how much ETH I used to buy HEX2T at the time.. Not apparent on Etherscan.

you'll have to use the date to judge how much ETH was on the day
    https://coincost.net/en/currency/hex2t

The average stake length is 1000+ days and average stake size is 10million axn. These are crazy stats.

Huge amount of axion locked up and off the market.

If you used metamask will it show you yoir trade details, or will Uniswap show you in your activity history?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭joe250

Can it cost more on the auction then uniswap if its over subscribed?

Thanks -found it now.

joe250 wrote: »
    Can it cost more on the auction then uniswap if its over subscribed?

All the daily auctions were oversubscribed this week and people were getting way less than Uniswap price. It's doubtful tomorrow will be oversubscribed. There are 24Bn AXN and that would take something like 16.5k ETH.

New ATH, .0007.

Can I start posting about it in the excited thread again because I am damn excited :D

New ATH, .0007.

Can I start posting about it in the excited thread again because I am damn excited :D

We can put away our pitch forks too!

• Advertisement

New ATH, .0007.

You took a serious gamble on this looking at your address, well done. Take profits though imho

I'm thick. Can someone explain the auction price vs the Uniswap price. Looking at today's action now, the auction price is way more than 10% below the Uniswap price.

I'm thick. Can someone explain the auction price vs the Uniswap price. Looking at today's action now, the auction price is way more than 10% below the Uniswap price.

Auction price is 10% below the weekly average price.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭dougal0691

Auction price is 10% below the weekly average price.

1 eth in the auction = 350,000 axn
    1 eth on uniswap = 700,000 axn

I'm not understanding it either.

dougal0691 wrote: »
    1 eth in the auction = 350,000 axn
    1 eth on uniswap = 700,000 axn

I'm not understanding it either.

The daily auctions today is oversubscribed. Too many people adding ETH and reducing the share. I think there is only 17m in today's auction and over 30ETH added.

But oversubscription is great for stakers because 80% of ETH added to auctions automatically goes to buying back AXN from Uniswap (pushing price up) and the purchased AXN is then shared among those who have staked.

KilOit wrote: »
    You took a serious gamble on this looking at your address, well done. Take profits though imho

I got in relatively early. If I got in a month earlier I'd already be sitting on a quarter of a mil.

Credit card integration on the way for Axion :D

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭joe250

Still can't figure out is it worth buying in the auction?

joe250 wrote: »
    Still can't figure out is it worth buying in the auction?

The auction currently gives you 1.3m AXN per ETH + 10% if you use a referral. So 1.43m aprx

The current Uniswap price gives you 1.07m AXN per ETH.

You are getting 40% extra through the auction right now.

• Advertisement

Seem's good, if I buy some now via auction, is that price locked in, or does it fluctuate throughout the day?

Advertisement