Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone Black Friday Sale

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

It is but be aware they force you to buy the 20 euro top up.

Can use the top-up towards any vodafone number?

I have ordered twice and both have been cancelled.... 80euro pending on my bank account.

I wonder does the same offer apply in store (i.e. 100euro off)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

Same offer applies in store. Got it this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

enviro wrote: »

Did you have to top up in store?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 BatMaths

If chat tells you your order is awaiting pickup, does that mean it won't get cancelled? Spoke to someone today, absolutely useless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,556 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

BatMaths wrote: »
    If chat tells you your order is awaiting pickup, does that mean it won't get cancelled? Spoke to someone today, absolutely useless

I doubt they know themselves. At this stage I wouldn't trust its going to be fulfilled until the postman hands it over to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Westernworld.

Prob been asked

Will Lyca work and what network do I name it for porting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

How many digits are order numbers? Is it 8?

Prob been asked

Will Lyca work and what network do I name it for porting?

IIRC just choose 'other'. Again IIRC there are no other options....

carbsy wrote: »

Just tried to check that for you but vodafone.ie is down and out!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Wolftown

enviro wrote: »

Were you forced to top up €20? Have a sim ready to use for this but the online order process sounds like a nightmare!

• Advertisement

10 digits beginning with 00

Ah cheers! :)

Its 8 digits.

Edit:
    They could find my order with the 8 digits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

Seems there's transaction numbers & order numbers. Last order number I had appeared as the tansaction number on the invoice and neither are working this time around

Both are 10 digits starting 00, just to confuse things further

Have just ordered a white A21S online (no black in stock). Got an order number too, how long does it usually take for Vodafone to cancel the order?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Wolftown wrote: »
    Have just ordered a white A21S online (no black in stock). Got an order number too, how long does it usually take for Vodafone to cancel the order?

Pretty much straight away .. check with chat or online portal after 2-3 hours.

Pretty much straight away .. check with chat or online portal after 2-3 hours.

Will do, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Just picked one up in store but was forced to buy a top up for 20 euro. They just give it on a voucher though so you can always use it yourself, sell it on or pass it to a friend.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Just picked one up in store but was forced to buy a top up for 20 euro. They just give it on a voucher though so you can always use it yourself, sell it on or pass it to a friend.
    It depends on the store though. Many stores won't give you a voucher but instead insist on applying the credit on the SIM that your number is ported over to.

• Advertisement

Quackster wrote: »
    It depends on the store though. Many stores won't give you a voucher but instead insist on applying the credit on the SIM that your number is ported over to.

I'd imagine most will be sound about it if you tell them it's a gift. The call and collect team are based in one of the Cork stores and she told me that there's no issue giving a voucher, that this is standard practice. Just mention it when you collect and I'd imagine it'll be fine. Tell them a specific port date (I think you can go as far as a month later) and I'd imagine this'll be more likely.

I did this last year, ended up selling the credit for a tenner (possibly on boards). Ordered one online earlier and it's currently showing status as 'submitted'. So will see if it actually arrives.

I did this last year, ended up selling the credit for a tenner (possibly on boards). Ordered one online earlier and it's currently showing status as 'submitted'. So will see if it actually arrives.

Just a warning. They show as submitted once you place the order. Mine then showed as cancelled the following morning. Its a trek to order online. Really poor show from VF.

Just a warning. They show as submitted once you place the order. Mine then showed as cancelled the following morning. Its a trek to order online. Really poor show from VF.

Yeah, from reading everyone's experience this year and last I've very little faith in this actually going through. Really poor show is right! Can only imagine how bad their customer service is (coming from someone who is a customer of both Eir and Gomo🀣)

Yeah, from reading everyone's experience this year and last I've very little faith in this actually going through. Really poor show is right! Can only imagine how bad their customer service is (coming from someone who is a customer of both Eir and Gomo🀣)

The live chat team/social media customer care seems to be outsourced too and don't have a clue what's going on when it comes to Irish orders..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

You would imagine they would pull the offer if they don't have them available.
    Not a great way of trying to encourage people to join the network.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

My order was cancelled. No indication of such.
    I only saw it when I logged into my account.

Plus, it appears that they ported my number. Not certain, but appears as such.

So, no phone and a useless SIM card.

Made another order yesterday, third attempt.

Status this morning: TO_BE_CANCELED

What the hell is wrong with this company?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Just ordered a A21 online. Excellent value €40 quid. Where would you be going.

castle2012 wrote: »
    Just ordered a A21 online. Excellent value €40 quid. Where would you be going.

Will more than likely be cancelled without notification.

Still waiting pickup since 3 days .... will be cancelled?? hope not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Would love to get a phone but hardly seems worth the hassle with all the cancellations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Still waiting pickup since 3 days .... will be cancelled?? hope not

Yeah same here. Was onto chat last night and they said there are delays but not cancelled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭DopeTech

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Would love to get a phone but hardly seems worth the hassle with all the cancellations.

Yeah how they cannot get a functional site is mind boggling. Comreg shouldn't stand for it but they never do anything.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Hoping the Eir sim arrives today will go into a VF shop and try get a phone. Dont think its worth the hassle of trying online and being disappointed. At least if its out of stock in store i'll know for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 OsZa

My order is in SUBMITTED status and 39.99 is now in completed transactions ordered on 17/11/20.

Would that mean I will get phone delivered?

Is money pending on account for cancelled orders and then reverted back on account OR Vodafone actually take money and people have to chase after them to get money back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

OsZa wrote: »
    My order is in SUBMITTED status and 39.99 is now in completed transactions ordered on 17/11/20.

Would that mean I will get phone delivered?

Is money pending on account for cancelled orders and then reverted back on account OR Vodafone actually take money and people have to chase after them to get money back?

Same situation. Can't track but was in pending transactions until now. Ordered 17/11. Should be delivered early next week

Another order cancelled ,they really are a disgrace.

I wouldn't mind the phone isn't even for me.€120 waiting to be refunded and the customer service rep's haven't a clue what they are doing.

Order cancelled for mate...ordered yesterday ! lol

I've had another one cancelled ffs. Total shambles!

Order I placed yesterday is still showing as submitted. Delivery status is 'order on back order'. Transaction still pending in my bank account.

I'm sure it'll be cancelled soon!

• Advertisement

Order I placed yesterday is still showing as submitted. Delivery status is 'order on back order'. Transaction still pending in my bank account.

I'm sure it'll be cancelled soon!

U r good if u have delivery status on it

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭caper23

I'd imagine most will be sound about it if you tell them it's a gift. The call and collect team are based in one of the Cork stores and she told me that there's no issue giving a voucher, that this is standard practice. Just mention it when you collect and I'd imagine it'll be fine. Tell them a specific port date (I think you can go as far as a month later) and I'd imagine this'll be more likely.
    what cork store is that?? just call in with the sim card and sign up no questions asked??

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭caper23

was the phone unlocked??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭starlit

What is up with Vodafone? Why are they canceling online phone orders are phones out of stock or they can’t keep up with demand and rather charge full price?

Something similar happened to me a few months back for a different purchase. I’m waiting until shopping extravaganza season has passed before purchasing anything online again.

U r good if u have delivery status on it

That's encouraging, will update once it changes

Are you all using 48 / Lyca sims to order online? Store told me those networks were specifically excluded from the offer so may be why online orders are failing...

starlit wrote: »
    What is up with Vodafone? Why are they canceling online phone orders are phones out of stock or they can’t keep up with demand and rather charge full price?

Something similar happened to me a few months back for a different purchase. I’m waiting until shopping extravaganza season has passed before purchasing anything online again.

Major reorg happening talks of closing/selling business..all contributing to debacle..also they focus more on business cust nowadays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I know with carphone warehouse for the latest iPhone’s Vodafone is not a network carrier listed yet only 3 and eir and yet they are trying to sell on Vodafone website.

Can't get over how sh1te their website is too.. The interface is woeful. Borderline unusable. Who designs this stuff?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Ordered the phone (A21s) on 14/11. Status moved to "awaiting pick up" today. (Friday 20/11). Thought it might be cancelled.

Advertisement