Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What new penalty point offence would you create if you could?

Options
  • 11-07-2019 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

If you were given the power to create a new penalty point offence (not increase or expunge one), what would you do?

I'm torn between two things.
    I don't know whether to make lane hogging a penalty point offence or abuse of the bus lane.

I think I'd go for bus lane misuse though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

6 points for anyone that puts cushions in the back seat or on their parcel tray.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭maddness

Scrolling through a smart phone screen while driving. You might say it already is an offense but it couldn’t possibly be...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Jesus, OP you sound like your some craic with all these type threads. Slow day on the internet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Crock Rock

Effects wrote: »
    6 points for anyone that puts cushions in the back seat or on their parcel tray.

Why the fuck would anyone put them in the pacel tray?? Do people do that?? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

maddness wrote: »
    Scrolling through a smart phone screen while driving. You might say it already is an offense but it couldn’t possibly be...

I counted 20 something cars (maybe even 30) where there was a bright light coming from other cars when I was driving after nightfall recently. I stopped counting after 20. It was only a 20 km journey (all non-motorway).

Car needs to be crushed with th edriver inside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

1. Middle lane driving

2. German italics number plates

3. Driving around the roundabout (3 o'clock exit) in the left hand lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭CorkMan_

Middle Lane hogging. Definitely.

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    1. Middle lane driving

This boils my piss. It's usually women who refuse to move over. From my experience men tend to move when flashed and or beeped but give you obscene jestures after doing so.

2. German italics number plates

This. I see some cars where the IRL is replaced by D and they have two cirlce things on the plate that you'r ordinarily see on German cars. I don't know what it is though.

I believe you car be done for dangerous or careless driving or driving without due care and attention if a Garda catches you doing it and rightly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

5 points for general stupidity

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Throwing someone the finger when you nearly cause an accident and they beep at you...

As the charming young lady did today
    to me when she tried to pull into my lane out of the blue without indicating, at 70mph on the motorway..

• Advertisement

Drivers who slow down, come to a complete stop and then indicate just as they are making the turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭freddieot

Driving without any lights in the fog or rain, usually in a charcoal grey car to blend in well with the road. (6 points)

Doing 60 in a 100 zone on a twisty back road and holding up dozens of cars (like a guy I met today) :D (1 point)

Sticker Man - Baby on Board and other 'safety' Notices (that block part of the view from the rear window. (1 point)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Crock Rock wrote: »
    I believe you car be done for dangerous or careless driving or driving without due care and attention if a Garda catches you doing it and rightly so.

In Spain, that is the legal way to navigate a roundabout!!

I had to Google it when I was in Tenerife. Couldn't figure out why there was nobody using the left lane of the roundabout.

Let's say they want to take the third exit (9 o'clock in Spain).

o They enter a roundabout in the right hand lane.

o They pass the 3 o'clock exit in the right lane.

o They pass the 12 o'clock exit still in the right hand lane.

o They make their exit at 9 o'clock from the right hand lane.

Interestingly, Portugal and France adopted our style.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Why the fuck would anyone put them in the pacel tray?? Do people do that?? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Makes it easier for other people to see how fancy their car is. Generally a Nisan Micra or Tiida.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

how about enforce the ones that are there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

how about enforce the ones that are there

I very much doubt that word is in the dictionary of An Garda Siochana.

jaxxx wrote: »
    I very much doubt that word is in the dictionary of An Garda Siochana.

When you see Gardaí barrelling up the bus lane above the speed limit and going through red lights and stop signs and passing cyclists with cm to spare (when not in persuite) you can be sure they don't give a damn about road safety and only about doing other people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Drivers who hog the white line and refuse to overtake the arctic lorry that has pulled into the hard shoulder on a straight to let them pass

Drivers who slow down, come to a complete stop and then indicate just as they are making the turn.

Drivers approaching a roundabout from your right, so you stop to allow them continue ahead of you. As they enter the roundabout, on comes the indicator and they exit at your point of entry, meaning you could have gone if they'd indicated earlier.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

freddieot wrote: »
    Doing 60 in a 100 zone on a twisty back road and holding up dozens of cars (like a guy I met today) :D (1 point)

Who in their right mind drives at 100kph on a twisty back road!?

• Advertisement

Podge_irl wrote: »

We have a chronic and toxic speed culture on our roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Whocare

5 points from masturbation while driving. As truck driver (sitting high up) see a lad doing the act in heavy traffic today

Whocare wrote: »
    5 points from masturbation while driving. As truck driver (sitting high up) see a lad doing the act in heavy traffic today

Really??? Jesus :P

Have you seen anything else interesting up there?

Random quesion, have you ever encountered anyone retarted enough to brake check you in your lorry?

Podge_irl wrote: »

Read the post again - 100 Zone !?!

It people driving at just over half the speed limit on any road that are crazy..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Road licenses for cyclists and a penalty point system for them.

Also lane hogging is a must.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

Jimbob1977 wrote:

Happens at Dublin airport very frequently.

freddieot wrote: »
    Read the post again - 100 Zone !?!

It people driving at just over half the speed limit on any road that are crazy..

A lot of speed limits are in appropriate.

It's a limit not a target.

You clearly said windy back road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Whocare

Really??? Jesus :P

Have you seen anything else interesting up there?

Random quesion, have you ever encountered anyone retarted enough to brake check you in your lorry?

I did search YouTube cash for crash m50 happen few years ago. Don't know how to do a link

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Driving while holding a 99 ice-cream.

• Advertisement

It's a limit not a target. (Agree absolutely but 50 \ 60 in a 100 is acting the maggot... An artic actually overtook this guy...

You clearly said windy back road.[/QUOTE]. I'll give you that one but I'm from Dublin, so twisty back road to me is any road other than a motorway \ dual Carriageway :D

Advertisement