Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pumps.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 calps

Ah yes, I had forgotten about Waze. Just downloaded it again there, and it has greatly improved since I used it last.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭deezell

calps wrote: »
    Ah yes, I had forgotten about Waze. Just downloaded it again there, and it has greatly improved since I used it last.

Filled up at Emo Mountbrown beside James Hospital for 129 point something, happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭horse7

All the papers are reporting a large reduction in oil prices , has anyone noticed this at the pumps?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

horse7 wrote: »
    All the papers are reporting a large reduction in oil prices , has anyone noticed this at the pumps?

A decrease in crude oil prices today will take weeks to see at the pumps, if you even see it at all.

The real winners are the suppliers. They can buy oil cheap and keep forecourt prices high.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Tzardine wrote: »
    The real winners are the suppliers. They can buy oil cheap and keep forecourt prices high.
    The real winners are the government who take most of the money spent on fuel!

• Advertisement

The real winners are the government who take most of the money spent on fuel!
    Actually Govt. lose out when prices fall, as the VAT element of the price falls with it. Excise stays the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,872 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Most of the price we pay is tax so the fall won't be big here unlike the USA where there is little taxes so they have massive swings when crude changes

Del2005 wrote: »
    Most of the price we pay is tax so the fall won't be big here unlike the USA where there is little taxes so they have massive swings when crude changes

Still, a drop of 10c a litre to the forecourt is a drop of 12.3c to the customer. Not to be sneezed at, (as well as preventing corona virus).

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

I was at Mount Brown earlier today and diesel price still at 1.299 per litre. Didn't notice price of petrol.
    The other garages I passed in south Dublin today all had diesel around 1.33-1.36

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

a_ominous wrote: »
    I was at Mount Brown earlier today and diesel price still at 1.299 per litre. Didn't notice price of petrol.
    The other garages I passed in south Dublin today all had diesel around 1.33-1.36

1.22 and 1.32 for diesel and petrol respectively here in Roscommon.
    Was 1.26 last week when I filled up the van.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Diesel was 140.9 :eek: in Rathdrum Wicklow last Fri evening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Just a small sneak peak and update.

Apologies if not allowed, mods can clarify if any rules are broke or this needs to be moved to a different forum, however it is technically motor related :pac:

Website is coming along nicely, still a couple features to add to it but hopefully it will be operational in the next week or so.

484857.PNG

484858.PNG

484859.PNG

@SweetCaliber Almost a year since you registered pumpz.ie

Will you be renewing it at the end of April?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

@SweetCaliber Almost a year since you registered pumpz.ie

Will you be renewing it at the end of April?

Will have a few days off over the weekend might give it another crack :) will keep you posted ;)

Got an email from CircleK inviting me to download their App. Has a map of stations, but no prices. I sent them feedback on this, here's the reply;

"Hi ,

Thank you for contacting us and providing feedback.

Unfortunately under competition law, we can only display fuel prices at the store on our price display.

Regards,

Alex Golledge

Customer Service Executive
    CircleK Ireland"

Seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

deezell wrote: »
    Got an email from CircleK inviting me to download their App. Has a map of stations, but no prices. I sent them feedback on this, here's the reply;

"Hi ,

Thank you for contacting us and providing feedback.

Unfortunately under competition law, we can only display fuel prices at the store on our price display.

Regards,

Alex Golledge

Customer Service Executive
    CircleK Ireland"

Seriously?

Be worth asking them the specific part of the Competition Acts prevents this. If it is true it might explain the demise of pumps.ie

Cui bono?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

Applegreen to drop fuel prices by up to 10 cent per litre

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/energy-and-resources/applegreen-to-drop-fuel-prices-by-up-to-10-cent-per-litre-1.4201990

Paid 140 for petrol last night and was frankly surprised at the lack of fall. Normally the cheapest place in my area of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,040 ✭✭✭mikeecho

IMG-20200313-WA0015.jpg

IMG-20200313-132936.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

mikeecho wrote: »
    IMG-20200313-WA0015.jpg

IMG-20200313-132936.jpg

Ballincollig?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,040 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Ballincollig?

Yes.

I won't mind, but I brimmed 4 cars yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

Yes.

Ouch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭tnegun

Applegreen Celbridge today 130.9 for Diesel but signs up for 10c off and 120.9 at the pump!

tnegun wrote: »
    Applegreen Celbridge today 130.9 for Diesel but signs up for 10c off and 120.9 at the pump!

Due a fill, that'll do nicely, unless there's better in the general Celbridge - Naas - Enfield triangle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Yes.

Threw in €35 yesterday morning it had dropped by 10c a few hours later

Just filled up at 1.20/l at Applegreen Celbridge interchange. Thanks @tnegun!

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Summer2020

Filled up for 1.22 applegreen Ballinteer. Had to stop into maxol Sandyford only up the road and they’re charging 1.37

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭frosty123

Filled the car to the brim on Thursday, then on Friday it dropped by 10c...ARRGGHHHH!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Technique

In Letterkenny today diesel is 115.9 (Jones Oil) and petrol is 126.9 (Applegreen).

• Registered Users Posts: 81,154 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Technique wrote: »
    In Letterkenny today diesel is 115.9 (Jones Oil) and petrol is 126.9 (Applegreen).

Amazing how they can sell it there so cheap, nearest port would be Belfast I think for them to get the fuel from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Technique

Amazing how they can sell it there so cheap, nearest port would be Belfast I think for them to get the fuel from.

A lot of oil comes in through Derry port.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Diesel down to 1.138 in Applegreen in Foxford, Co. Mayo. Meanwhile the Castlebar cartel still have it all within 1c of 1.30 (correct at of midday today)

Advertisement