Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Vicxas wrote: »
    Quick question about the track, did you tell your insurance company about it? ;)

Also, how hard was it on the car. Been so tempted to take my car over for the laugh.

No need to tell the insurance company, they either cover it in the event of an accident not caused by me or they have a clause that makes the Nordschleife out of bounds for them! So I didn't bother checking!

Compared to Mondello Park, surprisingly it's much easier on the car as regards tyres etc. I usually do 100km or so at a mondello day, I done about 140km out there and seen far less wear as I was monitoring it quite heavily.

ah, okay, was wondering why the "finish" didn't look like the start and why a car with a camping box on the roof rack was driving around it.

Anything that is road legal is eligible at a touristfahrten day, so I seen 52 seater buses touring around it and also seen a top end Aventador on track.

It is actually a circuit, but the toll area has to split the track at some point, So you enter and come off the track at the same point, halfway up the straight where the video starts and ends.

supue wrote: »
    That looked amazing - fair play to you for the time considering the damp track, I don't think I'd have had the balls to trust my grip at some of those speeds! My biggest concerns with some of those tracks is someone not recognising you in the mirror as you're about to go by - is there a headlight flash or are you supposed to wait until they move off the racing line to go past?

What was the travel route over there, and how many days would you need at a minimum to do it? Asking for a friend in case the wife is reading :D

There was some speeds done, was hitting 130mph in two spots, there was a very definite dry line at that point though and you could push, the video may make it look worse than it was, I waited for an hour before going out to allow it dry!

All track day rules are keep right for the approaching car, so once I seen something behind me I'd come off the line and lift, as you seen everyone slower than me did the same, I'd always indicate too but if there's a definite move right you know he's aware.

For the route, we went to Rosslare and got the ferry to Cherbourg. We travelled eleven hours via France, Belgium and into Germany to get there.
    We done it in a day but we wouldn't do it again!

Hope your friend gets going, it's so worth it! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Gave them both a good auld 1BM wash today, so rain is definitely due now every day for next 3 months.

20170826_184338.jpg

20170826_184722.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Jaysus I'll go halves on a bottle of gtechniq with ya TFB!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Lol, I don't even notice it! Now you mention it though it's very stark against the tyre shine and that photo is kind to it, they are desperate looking in reality.

I just let them do their own thing. The automotive equivelant of going grey, it gives it character :pac:

Do you treat yours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Is that the stuff for the wheel arches?

Lol, I don't even notice it! Now you mention it though it's very stark against the tyre shine and that photo is kind to it, they are desperate looking in reality.

I just let them do their own thing. The automotive equivelant of going grey, it gives it character :pac:

Do you treat yours?

I keep talking about getting C4 but it never happens. Was thinking of colour coding them but again...

Have had limited success with temporary stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

when the two Golfs met ...

... 3Tw9QS8.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

This is my new Alfa 159 TI TBI

426376.jpg

426377.jpg

426378.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,823 ✭✭✭✭bear1

200 horses, right sleeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Irishcrx wrote: »
    This is my new Alfa 159 TI TBI

That looks nice! What engine is it?

1750 turbo

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭m-i-m-m-

Cleaned up the GS's engine bay today ( badly needed). I have some tein flex coilovers coming tomorrow, so I jacked the car up with our fork lift to double check what fitment will be like when lowered, tis spot on :)

300gs-1.jpg

300gs-21.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Picked this up today, took it straight for a coating while it was still wrapped up.

20170828_121245.jpg

20170828_143225.jpg

20170828_143236.jpg

20170828_143315.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,823 ✭✭✭✭bear1

colm_mcm wrote: »
    1750 turbo

When in actual fact it's a 1742.

bear1 wrote: »

Blah blah heritage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Picked this up today, took it straight for a coating while it was still wrapped up.

Congrats, that looks class. The interior on those is first class. Like the seats, memory too. Door cards with that alcantara material look the business. And that infotainment system, had a quick play in a showroom recently it was very impressive.

I bought a new car today too.....well I say 'car', I mean feckin minibus :(

bear1 wrote: »

Lol yep 1.742 to be exact, she's quick and 70kg lighter than than the base model as well...

Alfa have a 166 V6 she's been put into semi retirement as the daily driver..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

The superb looks well. I think that model superb looks great inside and out really way ahead of the previous model. Nicely specced too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,584 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Is that the stuff for the wheel arches?

Carpro Dlux.
    Fantastic stuff on the liners

vectra wrote: »
    Carpro Dlux.
    Fantastic stuff on the liners

Will this be good on the wheelarch trims too?

These
    IMG_0226.jpg

They go light grey with age

image.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Lol yep 1.742 to be exact, she's quick and 70kg lighter than than the base model as well...

Best of luck with the new beauty Mark
    Have you still got the eg2

davycc wrote: »
    Best of luck with the new beauty Mark
    Have you still got the eg2

No I sold that a couple of years ago, one car I regret selling I kept an eye out for itv for years to see if it came back up don't know where she ended up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

I was actually thinking about your 166 the other day. You had that engine bay sparkling

Your 159 is class

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Will this be good on the wheelarch trims too?

These
    https://s26.postimg.org/wdzf8r5p5/IMG_0226.jpg

They go light grey with age

http://s23.postimg.org/d8z0o5yi3/image.jpg

Yes indeed.

@Irishcrx Beautiful motor! Well wear. Are you based up North or will it be registered down here? I like the AF59 reg :D

@Irishcrx Beautiful motor! Well wear. Are you based up North or will it be registered down here? I like the AF59 reg :D

No I'm based in the south , it'll be changed on to Irish plates once it's VRT is done...wish I could keep the UK plate alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

regarding the trim on the civics, my 07 ,the car is black,the trim was fckin awful pockmarked grey, seen a vid online , used a heat gun on the whole lot,under each bumper too, result is fantastic and took a hour for whole car,including under the wipers (cowl?) . gave a rub with some trim treatment after . hopefully it lasts,its meant to last a good while.

Hopefully you can see,posting from phone..ref the heat gun

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

Using a heat gun will make it look nice but the trims will fade even worse now.

Lowered last night, much better now!

300gs-11.jpg

shietpilot wrote: »
    Using a heat gun will make it look nice but the trims will fade even worse now.

Looking nice now is a huge plus believe me :)

Edit. I believe Rust-Oleum do a trim paint now,with sponge applicators.

Looking nice now is a huge plus believe me :)

Edit. I believe Rust-Oleum do a trim paint now,with sponge applicators.
    Now is the time to seal it and treat it while it looks good.
    Carpro dlux would help keep it looking that good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,484 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

That Lexus IS gorgeous. The only way I could get one is with a tax dodge...hmmmmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

That Lexus IS gorgeous. The only way I could get one is with a tax dodge...hmmmmmm.
    GS ;):)

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,484 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

h3000 wrote: »
    GS ;):)

lol my predictive text capitalised the "is" I must have typed "LEXUS IS" a lot before!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Booked it in early to get 2 years - sweet :cool:

IMG_5778.jpg

IMG_5779.jpg

result!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Did the same myself last month to get final 2 year test!

• Advertisement

Bit of a better photo, seems to just as comfortable with the Tein's as stock suspension somehow, plus zero rubbing :)

topdown-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Gavman84 wrote: »
    Did the same myself last month to get final 2 year test!

I don't know why but it's a great feeling :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

tossy wrote: »
    I don't know why but it's a great feeling :D

2 years just seems so far away!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Haven't posted any of my e46 in a long while, after a wash, polish and wax on the weekend:

426633.jpg

426634.jpg

426636.jpg

426637.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

^^^ Looks like it's just rolled off the production line :)

In its natural habitat :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,289 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Those BBS's suit it well.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,146 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Hit 175000 miles on the n7 areir. Roadworks prevented me from pulling in, to take a pic. But sure I took it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Met a buddy of mine in Kildare on Monday to pick up a new US/JDM bootlid, we were almost twins :D

JWetj1w.jpg

a4Q8o6A.jpg

6GIouPm.jpg

gEglLQI.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭supue

Those are both stunning looking - how's the interior on yours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

supue wrote: »
    Those are both stunning looking - how's the interior on yours?

Mines the usual MSport interior, black headlining, Cream Sports Heated Memory Seats, Electric Memory Steering Column, all cream interior. May go for an M5 Caramel interior down the line and swap the rest to black to match the Caramel.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement