Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Well done Peugeot

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

BMW's position is shocking

Its not really for anyone that's owned one.
    The worst thing you can do is buy a new BMW model in its first year.
    My F10 had has a ****load of problems regarding seals, aircon, headlight modules, idrive unit etc. The engine itself is rock solid thank christ otherwise I'd crush the ****er.
    If I do ever buy a BMW again I'll make sure its always the LCI model as they're 3-4 years into the lifecycle of that car model.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,386 ✭✭✭✭road_high

No car enthusiast is gonna take a 1.5 French diesel car seriously. Same issue with the RCZ, nice styling but crap engine choices.

Wouldn’t be unique to PSA! How many VWs are the 1.6 vs the 2.0 l ?
    I’d want the 2.0 l if it were me but ma t motorists would be perfectly happy with the 1.5 if it performs reasonably

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

bazz26 wrote: »
    I think they won't sell in huge numbers here and I just cannot see the high end variants selling well in this country because of the pricing. It would be very difficult to sink 50k+ of your own money into a new Peug irrespective of how good a car they are. If importing from the UK is still viable beyond Brexit then there certainly could be value in importing a 1 or 2 year old top GT or GT Line model. Their rarity here wouldn't be a bad thing though among the sea of the usual rep mobiles.

The 5008 is selling well, no cheap used ones either

50k new for the 2L however is steep

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

German cars were always muck, change my mind :)
    New 508 looks like a great car.

One things I've noticed with Toyotas is that their satnav/ICE units on European models are awful buggy messes, which may be impacting surveys like this. They don't even have CarPlay or Android Auto. They should just give up and stop trying to make their own.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

A few weeks now with my 508 GT 2lt diesel and I have to say I love it, a bit of a mid life crises but boy does it bring me back to the days of my 1.9 GTI and puts the same smile on my face :D

66437025_10210991440380318_4440262595059908608_o_zpsdhsze0rr.jpg

66616799_10210991440940332_4765356490829594624_o_zpsfvm4asa9.jpg

004.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

They're a fantastic looking car. Well wear!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭PaudyW

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Really is a pretty car, I think its the best looking motor in its segment. Saw a lovely white one on autotrader UK the other day.

Its a poor looking mustang,

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think you might need to make an appointment with Specsavers. Neither car look like each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,184 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

No car enthusiast is gonna take a 1.5 French diesel car seriously. Same issue with the RCZ, nice styling but crap engine choices.

But the RCZ also came with a 266bhp 1.6 petrol. Surelybthe problem here is focusing on the diesel versions. There was also a 200bhp version of that engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Had a sit in an estate one, looks great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭bennya

fergal.b wrote: »
    A few weeks now with my 508 GT 2lt diesel and I have to say I love it, a bit of a mid life crises but boy does it bring me back to the days of my 1.9 GTI and puts the same smile on my face :D

That is an absolutely stunning colour/spec. Well wear :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,386 ✭✭✭✭road_high

508 is a stunner in red, and GT line. And a 2.0 l to boot. How much was that car on the road?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

road_high wrote: »
    508 is a stunner in red, and GT line. And a 2.0 l to boot. How much was that car on the road?

52k but I got some added extras on top of the top of the range model :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Jake5991 wrote: »
    Ah lads ah lads ffs !! Dont me going near Peugeot its absolute dirt coming from a previous owner of a 206 its a ball of ****e i had never so many problems with the axle brushings and injectors

One sh1te doesn't make a sh1tstorm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭GavMan

fergal.b wrote: »
    004.jpg

Cracking Starlet there too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Philb76

GavMan wrote: »
    Cracking Starlet there too :)

Great looking 508 and is that not a micra

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭GavMan

Philb76 wrote: »
    Great looking 508 and is that not a micra

Could well be a Micra now you say it but you are right, its not a Starlet. Very similar rear light threw me

Toyota_Starlet_1.0_XL_%2815954213597%29.jpg

Advertisement