Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castle Farm Naas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Alwo

We got quoted in or around 2000 for carpets for stairs landing and 3 bedrooms.. Seemed a bit high as the carpet we were looking at wasn't anything special. Hopefully we can get cheaper somewhere else.. Any recommendations would be welcome!

We've gone to Carpet Right in Naas for floors and Carpet. Approx €4k for the house. Don't think that's too bad for the whole house. We are a 3bed semi

• Registered Users Posts: 13 CLAW1406

Davidwhit1 wrote: »
    Going in Monday to snag.we got an email this evening

Great news, nice to see things are moving along. We're in the batch of houses number 10-15 so maybe we'll be the following week

• Registered Users Posts: 22 thewalrusis

Mugglewump wrote:
    We've gone to Carpet Right in Naas for floors and Carpet. Approx €4k for the house. Don't think that's too bad for the whole house. We are a 3bed semi

Yeah that's not bad, just thought we might get cheaper than 2k for just upstairs. We were looking to keep carpets upstairs cheap as possible and spend the bulk of budget downstairs flooring. Might have a look in carpet right then and get a quote

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Lee3b

Hi guys congrats all on ur new buys... wondering if someone could help me with the prices they wer selling the 3 bed end of terrace iv tried contacting agent however they wont disclose it and we are hoping to buy in the next phase i know it will be a little dearer.. also does anyone have little ones moving with them ? Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Davidwhit1

Who are people going with for the home and contents insurance? We are having trouble getting a quote because we don’t have the eir code.
    Thanks

• Advertisement

We got quoted in or around 2000 for carpets for stairs landing and 3 bedrooms.. Seemed a bit high as the carpet we were looking at wasn't anything special. Hopefully we can get cheaper somewhere else.. Any recommendations would be welcome!

Is that fitted?

Is that fitted?
    If you can find a carpet fitter first they usually have sample books and the get trade prices

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Neadine79

Hi, does anyone know who does carpentry- built in shelving storage units in showhouses in castlefarm? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Neadine79

West county carpets in naas town were good when we used them and reasonable price.

Lee3b wrote: »
    Hi guys congrats all on ur new buys... wondering if someone could help me with the prices they wer selling the 3 bed end of terrace iv tried contacting agent however they wont disclose it and we are hoping to buy in the next phase i know it will be a little dearer.. also does anyone have little ones moving with them ? Thanks guys

We got a 3 bed semi so can't help with the price of terrace but was told that the semi will go up by around 10k for phase 2

• Advertisement

Neadine79 wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone know who does carpentry- built in shelving storage units in showhouses in castlefarm? Thanks

Fitzgerald Kitchens. Think they are in Dun Laoghaire

Who are people going with for the home and contents insurance? We are having trouble getting a quote because we don’t have the eir code.
    Thanks
    Eircode available on the Eircode website if you type in your address. We checked two weeks ago and got it. We are going with AIB for insurance and mortgage protection for ease as our mortgage is through them

Davidwhit1 wrote:
    Is that fitted?

Yeah fitted.. Maybe it's not too bad but I'll shop around first

House event this weekend in RDS. They'll have discounts on stuff you never cared about...radiator covers, blinds..fancy taps. Anyone have free tickets? They're only 12 euros but I've no money cos I just bought a house

Neadine79 wrote: »

We got a quote from Fitzgerald kitchens for same units as are in the 3 bed semi show houses. They said it would be 2500 for the unit in the dining area and 3500 for the one in living room. Saw a place called rad covers. Ie in one of the home shows a couple of weeks ago who do similar units at a fraction of that price, the quality of material probably not as good but definitely worth a look. Might get a deal if a few houses getting units in at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭furness

Hey we bought one of the 4 beds in 'The Green', at launch weekend. Side of the green closest to the entrance to estate, we back onto the first row. We have been told end of last week that there's month delay to move in date (we were supposed to go in end June, now end July) which we expected, you always hear of some delay with new builds.

We have been told we should be able to snag July 1st, so fingers crossed. Told they are staging snagging across the first houses. Just worried about how our snag and final stage might be impacted by builders holidays third week in July!?

I tried to get something changed with Fitzgeralds and gave up before I lost either my will to live or my hair went grey! :-) Guy was so nice and helpful at the start and then turned into a nightmare. Sorry, hope others had better experience. I just wanted a double oven instead of oven and microwave.

Maybe if anyone gets in to snag, you might let us know and how you got on? The estate agent isn't very responsive these days :(

CLAW1406 wrote: »
    Maybe if anyone gets in to snag, you might let us know and how you got on? The estate agent isn't very responsive these days :(

Oh yes please...! I agree agent is quiet and slow to respond. I've looked in window of the first houses and can't see any TV points?! Anyone else of the understanding that it's wired for Eir and Virgin? Would you not expect TV points installed?

furness wrote: »
    CLAW1406 wrote: »

Oh yes please...! I agree agent is quiet and slow to respond. I've looked in window of the first houses and can't see any TV points?! Anyone else of the understanding that it's wired for Eir and Virgin? Would you not expect TV points installed?
    They are under blank plates in the corner close to the window opposite the door

Anyone who has done their snag list have any major issues?

• Advertisement

They are under blank plates in the corner close to the window opposite the door

Thanks Davidwhit star neighbour already lol

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Gallagher911

Anyone who has done their snag list have any major issues?

Snagged a week last Thursday, no major issues at all. paint marks and some sealing around tiles. everything was just finishing issues. Foreman on site is real genuine and sound. said your never gonna pick everything up in your snag and he's gonna be on site for next two years so give him a call if you notice anything.

trying to secure a completion date now. said mid june so hopefully it wont be any later. anyone else at the same stage or timeframe? we're on the first row.

Thanks

we went with Allianz through cornmarket. they were over 150 cheaper than what KBC were offering us. Cornmarket got us a few quotes from different companies

Mugglewump wrote: »

We went with Carpet Right in Naas. The lads there were so helpful. Thought we got a good enough deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

Hi all,

Living just over the wall and your estate looks to be progressing well. Said I'd share a couple of pics and a dodgy drone video from a week or so ago. The pics with the piping being laid is the fronts of the second row facing you as you turn into the estate... if that makes sense. Houses look to be progressing well and to be honest I'm surprised some of you are not in yet.

If you have questions on the area feel free to ask. Foreman is a sound guy, been chatting to him many times and living in hope they will repaint our houses now that all the ground work is done in Castlefarm.... otherwise we really look like the cheap seats in Primrose ;-)

BTW, from what I've seen, and I'm no expert, the builds look to be really good. Houses up fast with little exposure and loads of people working on each one. They literally drop the house on the foundation, have the roof on, tiles set and windows in place in the space of a week ready for the brickwork.

Drone Vid: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlcMwzm4acGCpJhlWwktjPmZ8UtZ7A

BuzzFish wrote: »
    Hi all,

Living just over the wall and your estate looks to be progressing well. Said I'd share a couple of pics and a dodgy drone video from a week or so ago. The pics with the piping being laid is the fronts of the second row facing you as you turn into the estate... if that makes sense. Houses look to be progressing well and to be honest I'm surprised some of you are not in yet.

If you have questions on the area feel free to ask. Foreman is a sound guy, been chatting to him many times and living in hope they will repaint our houses now that all the ground work is done in Castlefarm.... otherwise we really look like the cheap seats in Primrose ;-)

BTW, from what I've seen, and I'm no expert, the builds look to be really good. Houses up fast with little exposure and loads of people working on each one. They literally drop the house on the foundation, have the roof on, tiles set and windows in place in the space of a week ready for the brickwork.

Drone Vid: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlcMwzm4acGCpJhlWwktjPmZ8UtZ7A

Thanks for that, great footage. Really looking forward to moving into the area. Seems like an ideal location. Dying to move at this stage

We are on the second row (nos 11-20 the Bailey) and got our full valuation back today. Maybe of interest to anyone on that row, still waiting to get their valuation sorted

Mugglewump wrote: »
    We are on the second row (nos 11-20 the Bailey) and got our full valuation back today. Maybe of interest to anyone on that row, still waiting to get their valuation sorted
    We also got valuation back yesterday for the 3 bed semi. Used CME auctioneers in Naas to do it, they were very quick to get it done called them Friday and it was done Monday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 13 johnsob27

Hey all, great to see some of you are getting close! We have bought facing the green in the first phase and getting different dates all the time. Contracts signed and deposit paid but still saying it will be first week of July before we can access. Are you all getting access through DNG?

• Advertisement

johnsob27 wrote: »
    Hey all, great to see some of you are getting close! We have bought facing the green in the first phase and getting different dates all the time. Contracts signed and deposit paid but still saying it will be first week of July before we can access. Are you all getting access through DNG?
    We went into the site today for a sneaky look. The houses look like they're well on their way, looks like some in front of green are being painted currently. What will be the road between the green and the houses is all exposed pipes at the moment but I'd say once that's done they'll allow people access to measure etc.

Advertisement