Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trivium

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Trivium have 'a lot of material' written for next album with the follow-up expected in 2017.

http://teamrock.com/news/2016-05-13/trivium-have-a-lot-of-material-written-for-next-album

It better sound like shogun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

Trivium have 'a lot of material' written for next album with the follow-up expected in 2017.

http://teamrock.com/news/2016-05-13/trivium-have-a-lot-of-material-written-for-next-album

I unfollowed every one of their social media profiles. I am done with this band until they get their act together (that'll show 'em :pac: )

If it's anything like their last two albums I am out altogether. They were good albums but they were terrible, terrible Trivium albums though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

I loved the last album, despite its really low audio mix

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

14525186_10154072673276896_7569424119284204170_o.jpg

Sat 11/2/17 Academy - Dublin
    Sun 12/2/17 Limelight - Belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

YES. Delighted

• Advertisement

Times have been set, possibly an alteration on door times displayed on ticket as TM sent a message out.

Doors: 6:30PM
    Shvpes: 7:15-7:45PM
    SikTh: 8:05-8:45PM
    Trivium: 9:05-10:20PM

75 mins is a slight kick ah well roll on the weekend :)

Times have been set, possibly an alteration on door times displayed on ticket as TM sent a message out.

Doors: 6:30PM
    Shvpes: 7:15-7:45PM
    SikTh: 8:05-8:45PM
    Trivium: 9:05-10:20PM

75 mins is a slight kick ah well roll on the weekend :)

75 Mins? The new drummer must be a slow learner

Just giving In Waves another listen after a while. Jesus this album kicks ye in the jaw. That Chaos Reigns track is unreal. Directly after the album finished Silence In The Snow started playing and I got sad at what this band has become. Fair play to them on trying to be a bit more mainstream and trying new things artistically but that album sucks. I hope the next album is a bit more heavy/not so polished.

Teasing something on their social media pages;

The message...Beware those who speak in tongues for they may speak your name

Followed by VIII.I and a link to their website trivium.org

Possibly VIII.I is the 1st of Aug, a new album would due album would be due to be number 8 also...hmmmm :confused:

Possibly VIII.I is the 1st of Aug, a new album would due album would be due to be number 8 also...hmmmm :confused:

14608107_1180665285312703_1558693314_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

It's a new album.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Holy sh*t that ending!

Can't wait for the new album. Hope they keep the new drummer, he's a beast.:D

Toobz wrote: »
    Holy sh*t that ending!

Can't wait for the new album. Hope they keep the new drummer, he's a beast.:D

They may have found their best drummer since Travis, and that's not knocking on the others who have sat behind the kit. The song itself has to my ears anyways has a mix of Silence in the Snow, Shogun and Ascendancy to it.

Yeah Alex is defo a cut above the last 3. He has more imaginative fills and seems an overall better fit.

Song is great and a real return to form for them. If this is Shogun 2 I'll be delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭millington

They may have found their best drummer since Travis, and that's not knocking on the others who have sat behind the kit. The song itself has to my ears anyways has a mix of Silence in the Snow, Shogun and Ascendancy to it.

Theres as much Ascendancy in that song as there is in the last Rihanna album :eek:

millington wrote: »
    Theres as much Ascendancy in that song as there is in the last Rihanna album :eek:

That's why I said "my ears" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

There's a lot of Shogun in there though. I think they've taken all their best elements and hopefully the album keeps it going.

Have a few days off soon. Tempted to go see them in Tilburg, they sounded tighter than ever at Woodstock last night.

• Advertisement

Another new song coming tonight at 7pm courtesy of Daniel P Carter's Radio 1 Rock Show.

https://twitter.com/TriviumOfficial/status/918967531863293953
    Betrayer premieres this Sunday at 7pm UK • 2pm ET • 11am PT on @DanielPCarter @Radio1RockShow. Listen live at http://bbc.co.uk/radio1

New track is here...

https://streamable.com/vuu9k

Really liked the last album, so far this one is another different direction they have brought back obvious vox just delivered slightly differently from before, only gave it the one listen but seems to be a decent bit to like there.

The album leaked online this morning.

The album leaked online this morning.

I have it since last night :D

Other than the stuff heard already the last 3 tracks and "Beyond Oblivion" really stood out.

It's so much better than Vengeance Falls & Silence In The Snow (even though I thought that Silence was a solid enough album).

Really liked Silence meself Vengeance is their worst album for me Strife is the only track from it making the sets too.

Drummer is a beast live but think his addition to the recording here perhaps isn't as impactful as his predecessors imo, need more time to assess the album but first impressions are positive anyhow.

Really liked Silence meself Vengeance is their worst album for me Strife is the only track from it making the sets too.

Drummer is a beast live but think his addition to the recording here perhaps isn't as impactful as his predecessors imo, need more time to assess the album but first impressions are positive anyhow.

There are good tracks on Vengeance, Strife among them, but the whole album feels cold/disjointed..

They've got to hold onto Alex, and not let him go. And his playthrough of Betrayer is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

It's so much better than Vengeance Falls & Silence In The Snow (even though I thought that Silence was a solid enough album).

I totally lost interest with Silence in the Sneachta, found it terribly dull.

This new one though is much better, they seem to have got their groove back.

Really enjoying this new album a real return to form.

Not a bum track on there and perhaps just behind shogun in their discography.

• Advertisement

Re-recorded version of Pillars Of Serpents from the Japanese version of the album.

Advertisement