Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,270 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The trouble is we don't know if the Fulton system is limited to X amount per mission (which I'd say is possibly unlikely due to the open map rather than traditional PW mission structure) or if it's based simply on currency (300GMP each time, though the diamonds found gave a profit of 36000GMP which is a lot of Fultons)

Then again, if you're spending all your money upgrading your base, you might naturally restrict yourself in how often you use the Fulton anyway.

I agree they're using a lot of the PW system, but it's also important that that same system doesn't become overpowered due to other gameplay changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

What is the percentage that comes up with the fulton option? The first 3 lifts we see it says 80% for the two guards, then 90% for the sheep? Current capacity perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

maximoose wrote: »
    What is the percentage that comes up with the fulton option? The first 3 lifts we see it says 80% for the two guards, then 90% for the sheep? Current capacity perhaps?

It takes in a few factors, weight and current weather conditions being some of them. Try lifting out a shipping container in the middle of a sand storm and it will probably go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

An official release of the E3 2014 gameplay presentation. Slightly better image quality and it includes the trip to Mother Base as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Penn wrote: »
    The trouble is we don't know if the Fulton system is limited to X amount per mission (which I'd say is possibly unlikely due to the open map rather than traditional PW mission structure) or if it's based simply on currency (300GMP each time, though the diamonds found gave a profit of 36000GMP which is a lot of Fultons)

Then again, if you're spending all your money upgrading your base, you might naturally restrict yourself in how often you use the Fulton anyway.

I agree they're using a lot of the PW system, but it's also important that that same system doesn't become overpowered due to other gameplay changes.

But the futon is completely optional , since there has been no details on the matter on how many futons you can carry I sort of feel the peace walker is handled will carry over. all up to how the player wants to take control on their story mode

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

I do not think many people here played peace walker.

Everything announced so far for metal gear solid 5 has had a strong indicator that the game is a continuation of peace walker/mgs3 and has less to do with mgs 1,2 and 4

Futon recovery system has a set amount you could carry with you during a mission and has you continue to bring more highly experienced soliders back to mother base you could continue making and improving weapons and items.

This leads to a better game in my opinion managing staff as in portable ops and peace walker its quite addictive to see mother base build thats something feels personal knowing you had a hand in it all than to simply watch mother base build during a story progession in a cutscene.

I played but can't beat the torture scene some 5 years on.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,245 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Peace Walker was awesome.

It is relatively easy to disassociate the humerous nature of Fulton with the story itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

I hope they don't use the CG sounds for enemy responses to interrogation.. If every other game can have real voice responses the TPP should as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Otacon wrote: »

An official release of the E3 2014 gameplay presentation. Slightly better image quality and it includes the trip to Mother Base as well.

looks great, the whole mother base stuff is interesting, really like the sounds of it... guess this MGS will have a much bigger gameplay to cutscene ratio than MGS4 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Magill wrote: »
    looks great, the whole mother base stuff is interesting, really like the sounds of it... guess this MGS will have a much bigger gameplay to cutscene ratio than MGS4 anyway.

imagine
    over 100hours of gameplay
    over 200hours of cutscenes :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement