Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tomb Raider (reboot)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,808 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

J. Marston wrote: »
    A crossover would be cool....or shít. Could go either way.

Nathan would shoot Lara for being too ultight, Lara would shoot Nathan flr being a smart-ar$e... And then they'd kill each other for the prize!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

ATTACK OF THE ZOBIE THREAD FROM OUTTER SPACE!!

Sorry to bring this one back from the dead, lads, but I was in HMV while passing through Dublin today, and they had a pre-order case on the selves claiming this was out October 5th. Anyone know if this is true? It was a very tacky photocopy slipped into an Xbox case, but just wondering if this is the correct date. Google still just says that it's due for release in the final quarter of the year...

She's been gone for a while (probably stuck in a cave or something) but Miss Croft is back on the scene. Release date is March 5th, apparently.
    Here's the latest trailer:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Hrm, want to see a bit more before commiting. The original brief had it as a huge island you explore and gain equipment/skills to progress to new areas. But so far this looks a bit too similar to Uncharted, with the corridorish nature of the areas and heavy scripting (stalking after the guy while handcuffed).

Again, want to see more. Game looks like its also catering to the Saw crowd with the amount of pain inflicted on Lara :p

I think the trailer makes it look marvelous. It looks like a side of TR that we've never seen before. I'm not sure what to think gameplay-wise just yet, but that trailer had my heart in my mouth all the way through. Intense as all hell, I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

Just make it like the PS1 games. Those were the days, I miss the old Tomb Raiders.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just make it like the PS1 games. Those were the days, I miss the old Tomb Raiders.

They've not aged well at all.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    They've not aged well at all.

I played through TRII again about four years ago, and still thought it played excellently.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,808 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm excited, looks well good, still not giving alot of info about how thr game will play aside from the fact that there will be scripted parts and Uncharted reactions. Also, love the dig at the series name near the end. I'll be buying it regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

deathrider wrote: »
    I played through TRII again about four years ago, and still thought it played excellently.

Yeah, I played the first one again a few years ago and really enjoyed it. As long as remember when these games are from, you can put up with a bit of stiff movement!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well if you guys enjoy it then good for you but I thought the Anniversary remake played a hell of a lot better than the original games and besides only the original was really great.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Well if you guys enjoy it then good for you but I thought the Anniversary remake played a hell of a lot better than the original games and besides only the original was really great.

Anniversary was miles better. No two ways about it. But that doesn't take away from the fact that the older ones are still really good.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Well. That looks suitably epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

This is one of my most awaited games of next year - I loved the last two games. I've said it before, and I've been saying it since Soul Reaver came out, give Tomb Raider to Crystal Dynamics if you wanted a good Tomb Raider game. They haven't done a bad one yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

That looks quite good, actually.
    Definitely putting it on the "pick up 2 months down the line" list.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Saw the add, and as predicted, not one Tomb in sight, looks like Uncharted with tits..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Amazon Collectors edition works out to about 82 euro , cheaper elsewhere ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

nix wrote: »
    Saw the add, and as predicted, not one Tomb in sight, looks like Uncharted with tits..

I fail to see the problem...

Unchated: Good
    Tits: Good

Uncharted + Tits : Extra Good! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

haha indeed, my point being though the game is gonna get boring fast, theres only so much entertainment tits can do in a game..

• Advertisement

Multiplayer??
    Why does everything and it's mother have to have goddamned multiplayer these days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Multiplayer??
    Why does everything and it's mother have to have goddamned multiplayer these days?

Well as long as it doesn't take away dev time from the single player experience then what harm could it be?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Multiplayer??
    This video should explain everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

To be honest, I don't mind as long as i have the option for offline multiplayer with bots or something, but TR is not really a go-to-game if you're in a multiplayer mood. what's the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

2 Survival videos released showing the games mechanics. Looking like a 3rd person Far Cry 3. Still not sure if this will turn out to be any good. I miss TR 1 and TR 2 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Very hopeful for this after watching that second video. It did remind me of Far Cry 3 which is no bad thing. If they can combine a similar type of open world experience to that game, with the solitary slow moving exploration of temples and tombs from the old games, this could be something great. I have a feeling its going to be more an Uncharted/FarCry3 hybrid, than TR1/FarCry3 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

According to this article in EDGE there is indeed a Tomb to be Raided!
    Well, it’s taken her a shipwreck, some subsistence hunting, the skill to avoid two kidnapping attempts and a series of gunfights to get here but, finally, Lara Croft is raiding a tomb.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

What level is the raid boss....what level is Lara...how bigs the team......whats the loot like?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Anyone play the Tomb Raider trilogy on PS3? I remember playing non HD Anniversary ageas back but dropped it during the cistern level. I never played Underworld and looking at youtube vids, the hd anniversary looks really good. Would love to play the old games again but I know TR 1 and TR 2 would look/play awful now and I want to keep their memory in tact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Every time I see TR2 going for 2/3 quid in a sale, Im tempted to get it but I just know it will be so pig ugly that I'll be hard pressed to stick with it. For nostalgia sake I might take the plunge next time. I still know so much of that game's levels. Interesting trip back to being 15 again!

Advertisement