Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tomb Raider (reboot)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭GamesDontSuck

deathrider wrote: »
    Is it the same trailer that's in the first post from this thread?

Yes it was.
    But I was also about to upload a HQ version of the demo gameplay. No point now. They automatically ban it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

If it's from an official site, you should be alright, I'd reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I was never really a big Tomb Raider fan but this latest game looks very very good. It's like Uncharted... except Nathan Drake has a savage rack. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,670 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I'm cautiously optimistic about this game. I like the direction they are taking with the reboot. Couldn't care less about the trailer, but the demo was pretty impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

I love Lara Croft!!

... However, I've been greatly disappointed with the last few games... I didn't enjoy the weird doppelganger or Lara's lost mother somehow being in Atlantis and truthfully I really didn't care for "Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light" either. I mean, the camera angles were weird and she possessed some sort of super human strenght, speed and movement (yes, more than before)

With the risk of sounding like a grumpy old lady; Lara Croft was better at the beginning of her carreer :rolleyes:

I have great hopes for this new game, though, and I look forward to see more of it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

It sounded like a game of women's tennis. OHHHHHH! AHHHHHH! OHHHHHH! UHHHH! NOOOO! Press X not to get raped by some guy in a tunnel. Graphically it's good but it doesn't have a lot else going for it as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I liked that aspect actually. It adds to the character and really puts you in her head (better than just talky bits in cutscenes)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I love the setting to it , only thing im fearing is will it ditch the puzzle feel to it, im a hardcore tomb raider fan i welcome change but i hope they dont throw away all previous tr games aspects, and also i thought the qte where bit much they wanna cut it down abit but all in all cant wait to get my hands on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

It sounded like a game of women's tennis. OHHHHHH! AHHHHHH! OHHHHHH! UHHHH! NOOOO! Press X not to get raped by some guy in a tunnel. .....

What kind of tennis do you watch?

CORaven wrote: »
    What kind of tennis do you watch?

That's the reason to why I don't like tennis. It sounds ever so painful and I don't really want to know where those disgusting sounds come from... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Cant wait to see this game in action......also cant wait for the rumours of a nude cheat like the 1 years ago:pac: fap fap fap fap

Cant wait to see this game in action......also cant wait for the rumours of a nude cheat like the 1 years ago:pac: fap fap fap fap

Ewww? :P

Ewww? :P

ewww but true,the internetz will be full of naked pics by fanboys :P

ewww but true,the internetz will be full of naked pics by fanboys :P

Haha! At least you're honest :)
    A little bit freaky, but honest :p

Haha! At least you're honest :)
    A little bit freaky, but honest :p

who said im a fanboy lol freaky yes internetz naked gamegirl pics noooooo:cool:

who said im a fanboy lol freaky yes internetz naked gamegirl pics noooooo:cool:

My bad ;)
    I thought you said you were looking forward to the nude cheat, but you're looking forward to the nude cheat rumour :o

I'll take you off my freaky-list straight away :)

My bad ;)
    I thought you said you were looking forward to the nude cheat, but you're looking forward to the nude cheat rumour :o

I'll take you off my freaky-list straight away :)

ah dont pm'd:pac:

ah dont pm'd:pac:

forever-alone.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

It sounded like a game of women's tennis. OHHHHHH! AHHHHHH! OHHHHHH! UHHHH! NOOOO! Press X not to get raped by some guy in a tunnel. Graphically it's good but it doesn't have a lot else going for it as far as I'm concerned.

Fair point. We're getting worked up about a cinematic trailer that shows us very little except some nice graphics and Lara running away from some baddie. Compared to the Uncharted trailer we know nothing about the game really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Agricola wrote: »
    Fair point. We're getting worked up about a cinematic trailer that shows us very little except some nice graphics and Lara running away from some baddie. Compared to the Uncharted trailer we know nothing about the game really.

did you not see the 5+ minutes of gameplay yesterday? it looks bloody brilliant

• Advertisement

Any male who's old enough to remember that old school rumor and claims they never believed it is a liar :P

deathrider wrote: »
    Any male who's old enough to remember that old school rumor and claims they never believed it is a liar :P

I read a while back that some uber nerds modded the pc version to make her nude :pac:

edit:do a google search for tomb raider in game nudity and click images.......desperate lol

She must wear a specially made triangular bra.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyways, moving along swiftly...

Helix wrote: »
    did you not see the 5+ minutes of gameplay yesterday? it looks bloody brilliant

Nope, but have now. Concur!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Ohhh...it's like an episode of "Lost". Will there be time travel back to the 70's included too.:) Seriously though it does look good.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

The trailer looks like a trailer, so I can make no assumptions on the game based on that.

However, I have never been able to figure out the appeal of Tomb Raider. I played the first when it was out and I was never as bored in my life. Run around the cave, oh look it's a bat, take out my 2 pistols to shoot the bat. It's dead. Keep running. Solve the obvious "push the pushable stone into the pre-determined position" puzzle. Oh look, it's another bat, continue ad nauseum.

What I want to know is when we're gonna see Tuam Raider: The Adventures of Lara Ward. That's a game I'd be interested in... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Kharn wrote: »
    The trailer looks like a trailer, so I can make no assumptions on the game based on that.

However, I have never been able to figure out the appeal of Tomb Raider. I played the first when it was out and I was never as bored in my life. Run around the cave, oh look it's a bat, take out my 2 pistols to shoot the bat. It's dead. Keep running. Solve the obvious "push the pushable stone into the pre-determined position" puzzle. Oh look, it's another bat, continue ad nauseum.

What I want to know is when we're gonna see Tuam Raider: The Adventures of Lara Ward. That's a game I'd be interested in... :D

Same thing could be said about zelda but i wont continue i get stabbed to death:pac::pac:

Zelda still class though

Kharn wrote: »

It trades on two main assets. No not exactly what I was getting at! It became a cultural phenomenon back in the day due to a sexy main character and dragged gaming into a new adult-orientated era, so its still got some pulling power. And also nowadays it has alot of nostalgia value for a whole generation who first experienced a believable 3D adventure game in 1996.
    The gameplay your talking about will surely be heavily re-jigged for the new direction their taking the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

any word on a 'collector's edition'? probably early days yet,
    on another note... wouldn't it be cool if nathan drake and lara teamed up.... Uncharted Raiders :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,114 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

A crossover would be cool....or shít. Could go either way.

Advertisement