Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"guns" seized.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

Just for laff's.....

510645.jpg

Right, you've fired the thing, how do you recock it :confused: ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Just for laff's.....

510645.jpg

What's the range on that yoke, about 2 ft?

BattleCorp wrote: »
    What's the range on that yoke, about 2 ft?

If you're a good shot, you could hit a lad the far side of a phone box ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,944 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

It actually exists as a Class 3 weapon in the US.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Limerick Sovereigns

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Uinseann_16

Funny ive a specific memory of a news agency saying it was a 9mm?

Funny ive a specific memory of a news agency saying it was a 9mm?

Yeah, a .22 9mm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

Grizzly 45 wrote: »

I did not expect to watch both of those.

Utter madness. :D

Robbed out of a gunshop on the border possibly in the oughties if I remember correctly? Goes to show that even a .22 with solid target loads will do you if it hits you in the right place.:(:(

• Advertisement

Robbed out of a gunshop on the border possibly in the oughties if I remember correctly? Goes to show that even a .22 with solid target loads will do you if it hits you in the right place.:(:(

Don't Mossad use .22's for hits ?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Limerick Sovereigns

What side of the border? Any links to news reports? Thanks.

You'll have to go back and look in the early to mid Oughties onwards to 2010.Was in that time frame.Think it was this side of the border and mentioned as a ".22 target pistol" in one article.I could be totally wrong too of course,and it was another type stolen too.

tudderone wrote: »
    Don't Mossad use .22's for hits ?
    Yup,but moved more to Breatta .25 cals in later stages for air marshals.They used,and still use anything they can get their hands on thats deniable and available in country.
    They have [.22] been used by OSS& SIS in WW2,MACV /SOG in Vietnam,Various SWAT teams in the US for dog disposal, and criminals and hitmen everywhere for hits and surprisingly were issued as a PDW weapon to female UDR personel in NI during the troubles the so called "green finches"were issued Walther PPK.22s.

Yup,but moved more to Breatta .25 cals in later stages for air marshals.They used,and still use anything they can get their hands on thats deniable and available in country.
    They have [.22] been used by OSS& SIS in WW2,MACV /SOG in Vietnam,Various SWAT teams in the US for dog disposal, and criminals and hitmen everywhere for hits and surprisingly were issued as a PDW weapon to female UDR personel in NI during the troubles the so called "green finches"were issued Walther PPK.22s.

I remember what Jeff Cooper said about the .25 acp. "It might be good for clearing your sinuses, but thats about it". I really would not like to be putting my life on the line with one of those in my hand.

They are a handy little backup gun or ladies gun, One of my German aunts used to have a Browning baby .25 ACP,and she was leathl with that thing on clay piegon sized targts at 10 meters ,considering that those guns have no sights worth mentioning and are literally phone booth or body contact range. I still wouldnt like to get hit by one all the same....Wonder where that little gun ended up when she died...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

001650ec-800.jpg

What do we see here folks?

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭tomtucker81

civdef wrote: »
    001650ec-800.jpg

What do we see here folks?

Is that a Rak machine pistol?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 1,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭otmmyboy2

Is that a Rak machine pistol?

Looks like it:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FB_PM-63

Along with a black Zoraki 918 blank firer, and what look like a Rohm/Zoraki chromed .380 blank firing revolver.

Never forget, the end goal is zero firearms of any type.

S.I. No. 187/1972 - Firearms (Temporary Custody) Order - Firearms seized

S.I. No. 21/2008 - Firearms (Restricted Firearms and Ammunition) Order 2008 - Firearm types restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 - Firearms banned & grandfathered

S.I. No. 420/2019 - Magazine ban, ammo storage & transport restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2023 - 2023 Firearm Ban (retroactive to 8 years prior)

otmmyboy2 wrote: »
    L
    Along with a black Zoraki 918 blank firer, and what look like a Rohm/Zoraki chromed .380 blank firing revolver.

One design built specifically for easy conversion to live fire.Good for keyholing .380 rounds at 10 meters.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x43y2u3

• Advertisement

otmmyboy2 wrote: »
    Looks like it:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FB_PM-63

Rohm make complete cack. Someone in the club had a .22 revolver by them and i wouldn't waste the energy throwing it in the river.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Uinseann_16

What appears to be a polish pm63, something that turns up here fairly regularly for some reason

Rohm make complete cack. Someone in the club had a .22 revolver by them and i wouldn't waste the energy throwing it in the river.

Probably because like Umarex, they make mostly blank firing stuff, but without the licensed brand names.TBH their blank firing guns aren't bad if you have a vintage model[pre 90s]. Their live firing stuff,I'd definitely skip too.

What appears to be a polish pm63, something that turns up here fairly regularly for some reason

Strange how our "tough gun laws" seem to let that happen ?:confused:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9317663/Police-seize-two-Scorpion-MACHINE-GUNS-40-bullets-arresting-teenager-Tube-station.html

Top class non-sensationalist journalism. Capable of firing 1150 rounds per minute. Must be a fairly big mag or speed of light mag changes.

BUYCQ_tCAAA0JYk.jpg-large-6.jpeg?ssl=1

It is capable of 1000 rpm,but has a governor in the pisto gripl to bring it down to a "manageable " 850 rpm. Always wondered how do you calculate the rpm of a firearm??:confused:

"Thats a pretty atrocious gun".

• Advertisement

"Thats a pretty atrocious gun".

Holy Jaysus. I know I'd love a fully auto if I was allowed but I also like my face so that's a no from me.

Advertisement