Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion thread III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

MadYaker wrote: »
    Do you nonestly think that those 2 examples are similar?

Give the poor lad a break. It's not easy finding examples of Obama or Bush doing anything remotely as stupid as what Trump does on a daily basis.

He's doing his best.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,150 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Is anyone else surprised by Obama's silence on this one? I know he's in Africa at the moment but when Trump sank the Iran deal he took to social media to speak out against it and this is a way, waaaaay bigger incident than that imo.

He hasn't been silent, he publicly spoke about it at a Mandela tribute earlier today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Calling for a coup here by Philip Mudd. Whos this shadow government his referring to oppose trump? We live in interesting times.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,142 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Trump back pedalling as fast as he can. Brutal stuff. Live on Sky

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Calling for a coup here by Philip Mudd. Whos this shadow government his referring to oppose trump?

He says "the cabinet or the senate".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,306 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Water John wrote: »

Too late for him. Damage is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,491 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

US President Donald Trump has said he misspoke at a joint news conference with Russian leader Vladimir Putin and meant to say he saw no reason why it was not Russia that interfered in the 2016 US election.

Comedy gold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

He says "the cabinet or the senate".

Listen to what he said. When will see a shadow government emerge and they decide not to stand with the current government. That's sound like coup talk to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,880 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Comedy gold.
    It didnt even make sense! If it was just that one line it would be fine but he licked Putins boots 50 differnet ways, it wasnt just one misspoken line :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

He literally said he believes Putin over them.

Quote where he literally said that he believes Putin "over" his own intelligence.

Trump said all he can do is ask the question, which he clearly did and then went on to defend himself over the accusation of collusion. He said he had great confidence in his intelligence people but added that Putin was strong in his denial and had offered to have their intelligence work wit America's (with regards to the 12).

He never said that he believes Putin "over" his own intelligence and if you were so confident in your position you wouldn't feel the need to put words in his mouth.

Like I said before, this is all just sour grapes that this is all even still being spoken about and had Mrs Clinton won, it'd have been a forgotten story by now. Accusing Trump of treason is ridiculous. He's trying to improve relations between the two countries and he has American journalists standing up asking Putin does he have any compromising material on Trump or his family?? That's the real disgrace.

Hillary lost, time certain people got over that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Listen to what he said. When will see a shadow government emerge and they decide not to stand with the current government. That's sound like coup talk to me.

Even if you want to read it that way, shadow governments are normal in opposition parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,486 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Right so he meant that Russia must have done it, so what did he demand of Putin, and why did he think Russia leading the investigation from Russia was "incredible idea".

And has he explained why he hadn't demanded that Russia do not attempt it again, like the journalist asked him.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,306 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Quote where he literally said that he believes Putin "over" his own intelligence.

Trump said all he can do is ask the question, which he clearly did and then went on to defend himself over the accusation of collusion. He said he had great confidence in his intelligence people but added that Putin was strong in his denial and had offered to have their intelligence work wit America's (with regards to the 12).

He never said that he believes Putin "over" his own intelligence and if you were so confident in your position you wouldn't feel the need to put words in his mouth.

Like I said before, this is all just sour grapes that this is all even still being spoken about and had Mrs Clinton won, it'd have been a forgotten story by now. Accusing Trump of treason is ridiculous. He's trying to improve relations between the two countries and he has American journalists standing up asking Putin does he have any compromising material on Trump or his family?? That's the real disgrace.

Hillary lost, time people got over that.

She won the popular vote, by a huge amount. As much as it pains Trump and his supporters.

Such an obvious amateur roll back effort. Up there with, the dog ate my homework miss.
    BTW AFAIK it's legitimate for a majority of the Cabinet to remove the POTUS from office in certain situations. This could be argued is one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,486 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Outlaw, you really think that all the POTUS can do to a country to attacked it very democracy is to ask a question and simply leave it at that?

Did he even demand the 12 were extradited? Did he demand the Russia and over any other files they got?

So you are glad that the US is now lead by a complete blow hard, incapable of doing anything to protect the county?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

Like I said before, these is all just sour grapes that this is all even still being spoken about and had Mrs Clinton won, it'd have been a forgotten story by now. Accusing Trump of treason is ridiculous. He's trying to improve relations between the two countries and he has American journalists standing up asking Putin does he have any compromising material on Trump or his family?? That's the real disgrace.

Hillary lost, time people got over that.

Pathetic.

It was Trump himself who raised Clinton at the meeting with America's greatest foe. It was Trump himself who cast aspersions on the American democratic process. It was Trump himself who said

"I have great confidence in my intelligence people, but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today,"

OWN IT. If you want to defend Trump then do so... but don't try and deny reality. We all saw what happened with our eyes. You choose to stick by your man... as the he sinks further into the vodka... if you want... but don't dare tell anyone else how they should evaluate what they witnessed with their own eyes and ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Trump was clearly reading that statement for the first time. (From memory) 'I will repeal Russian attempts, eh and repel them. Yeah, I'll repeal and repel Russian attempts to undermine our democracy'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

No one can fault you for originality:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭jjpep

Says it here, and like you, says some waffle to do with Hillary Clinton.

https://youtu.be/-ZJYAcFeoSM

Well Trump has cottoned on that he is in deep s**t, if many of his supporters have not. Otherwise he wouldn't be doing this babbling, for that's what it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,465 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Such an obvious amateur roll back effort. Up there with, the dog ate my homework miss.
    BTW AFAIK it's legitimate for a majority of the Cabinet to remove the POTUS from office in certain situations. This could be argued is one of them.

Yes the 25th amendment allows for such an event to happen. He's a walking human mess at this point. In those US president rankings they do Trump has already solidified the bottom spot in perpetuity.

Why did the lights go out when he was making his remarks trying to walk it back ?

jjpep wrote: »
    Says it here, and like you, says some waffle to do with Hillary Clinton.

https://youtu.be/-ZJYAcFeoSM

I just quoted from that. He at no point says he believes Putin over America's intel.

Quote it please.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

".I accept our intelligence community’s conclusion that Russia’s meddling in the 2016 election took place. Could be other people also. Lotta people out there. There was no collusion at all."

Like, that's a marvellous sentence really. You can actually pinpoint the part that was the script forced upon him, and the part Trump added, probably out of spite after promising to read from the draft. OH sure, it was probably Russia - but maybe it wasn't, aha! Also, I'm innocent. What a genius this man is :D

I wonder how long it took the aides and staff to convince him, knowing from past experience how much effort it takes to get Trump to go with simple instructions.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,465 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Right so he meant that Russia must have done it, so what did he demand of Putin, and why did he think Russia leading the investigation from Russia was "incredible idea".

And has he explained why he hadn't demanded that Russia do not attempt it again, like the journalist asked him.

Funny how he's backtracking(badly) when he's not standing next to Putin ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

I just quoted from that. He at no point says he believes Putin over America's intel.

Quote it please.

You know that resorting to extreme literalism is as transparent a flail as they come?

Most especially in regard to a pussy grabbing, ****hole countries, mexican rapists, muslim ban, President with the 'best words' like Trump.

I've said it before, I'll likely have to say it again... but the willingness of Trump worshippers to debase themselves in everyway for a man who doesn't know they exist and would buy and sell them like monopoly streets is truly depressing.

The full performance of a coward.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

The man's becoming a parody of himself at this point.

Blows my mind how anyone can continue to defend the man. He's set the US back decades on the international stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Did I say steamed clams?

I meant steamed hams

It was Trump himself who raised Clinton at the meeting with America's greatest foe. It was Trump himself who cast aspersions on the American democratic process.

An American journo raised the possibility of collusion when asking Putin a question actually and the dems have spent the last two years casting aspersions on the American democratic process.
    "I have great confidence in my intelligence people, but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today,"

OWN IT. If you want to defend Trump then do so... but don't try and deny reality.

Who's denying Trump said anything about Putin's denial? Certainly not me.
    don't dare tell anyone else how they should evaluate what they witnessed with their own eyes and ears.

I will when they exaggerate what they see. It's laughable that a man saying that a leader has denied something should be met with calls of treason. Especially given that Trump, as I posted here last night, has never denied that Russia meddled in the election.
    Leroy42 wrote: »
    So you are glad that the US is now lead by a complete blow hard, incapable of doing anything to protect the county?

He's doing a better job than the fella before him and certainly better than Bill's wife would have done.

• Advertisement

As well as being wrong you now have to go mysogonistic too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement