Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 16 Transfer Thread:

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Cartman78

2 FTs gone on Kane and Traore out for Abraham and Alli.

Traore was a letdown....an infuriating player both in real life and FPL.

And as for Kane....never again for me...he'll end up in goal soon if he keeps dropping deep.

Have Chilwell flagged and expect TAA to be rested so could be an interesting (ie. shyte) GW ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

I just came on to post similar so I can go to bed !!!!
    alli pulisic mane maddison zaha
    vardy abraham jiminez

It is currently madison being benched due to double up and he plays much deeper at times than the rest
    I am slighlty fearful of a Big Dunc inspired backlash though and pulisic has done absolutely nothing for me so maybe I should show some loyalty to Maddison :D

Have switched them now.....

CSF wrote: »
    The only issue I’m facing with my transfer plan for this week.

Son, Mane, Maddison, De Bruyne, Zaha, Vardy, Ings, Mousset.

Which one do you bench? My least favourite part of a strong front 7. At a guess it would be Ings or Zaha right, but I’m so reluctant with Ings being on form and Zaha central to everything Palace do.

Not zaha anyway
    It is very very tough
    I would nearly say Mousset tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 32,934 ✭✭✭✭CSF

km79 wrote: »
    Not zaha anyway
    It is very very tough
    I would nearly say Mousset tbh

I’m immediately considering abandoning my 8 point hit and going hitless from Auba to Kane. I see all the Kane issues and yet I can’t get away from Burnley at home, with games against Brighton, Norwich and Southampton all fast approaching, with all of these having conceded between 1.5 and 2.2 goals per game.

I’m immediately considering abandoning my 8 point hit and going hitless from Auba to Kane. I see all the Kane issues and yet I can’t get away from Burnley at home, with games against Brighton, Norwich and Southampton all fast approaching, with all of these having conceded between 1.5 and 2.2 goals per game.

There are so many other cheaper strikers in form with comparable fixtures
    Just buy one of them !!!!!
    Bank the cash then or go minus 4 and save yourself the benching headache this weekend. I thought you already had Mousset. Would not buy him either. Look at his minutes

I see people captaining Kane too AGAIN andI just do not get it

• Advertisement

Bank the cash then or go minus 4 and save yourself the benching headache this weekend. I thought you already had Mousset. Would not buy him either. Look at his minutes

I see it all and can clearly place all the drawbacks and reasons to go without and yet I still can’t get the Mourinho factor out of my mind. I was pushing towards Son and then I saw the stat that he didn’t have a single key pass the other night. And I’m refusing to trust Alli. And I can get Kane in without any hit.

I feel like we’re in a position at the moment, with Salah not a real option, Aubameyang a winger, Aguero out injured and Sterling not in many teams, that expensive players just don’t feel so expensive anymore.

Mane, De Bruyne and Vardy just don’t eat into your 100+ the same way it did when you were trying to juggle like crazy to put Aguero, Salah and Hazard in the same team. Splashing out 10.9 on someone like Kane doesn’t feel any more detrimental to the rest of the team than going for a 7 million form player. It’s a bit mad and I can’t remember it being quite like this for some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

In an unusual situation as I have 2 FTs and didn't really want to use them. Like the look of my team for next gameweek as well. Was going to use one to sell Martial but think Solskjaer might start him against City. Even if he doesn't he's got a good record against next week's opponents Everton so I might keep him for that one.

Decided in the end to improve my bench options with 2 dull transfers: Tomori and Williams out, Dunk and Kelly in.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Only issue is Lascelles, so brought in Clark.
    Not a fan of sideways moves, but was a case of use it or lose it.

I see it all and can clearly place all the drawbacks and reasons to go without and yet I still can’t get the Mourinho factor out of my mind. I was pushing towards Son and then I saw the stat that he didn’t have a single key pass the other night. And I’m refusing to trust Alli. And I can get Kane in without any hit.

I feel like we’re in a position at the moment, with Salah not a real option, Aubameyang a winger, Aguero out injured and Sterling not in many teams, that expensive players just don’t feel so expensive anymore.

Mane, De Bruyne and Vardy just don’t eat into your 100+ the same way it did when you were trying to juggle like crazy to put Aguero, Salah and Hazard in the same team. Splashing out 10.9 on someone like Kane doesn’t feel any more detrimental to the rest of the team than going for a 7 million form player. It’s a bit mad and I can’t remember it being quite like this for some time.

Take price out of it so
    He would be detrimental to your team Cos he won’t get as many points as the other striking options . He is still playing deep. This is HIS game . Even when he was going well he said himself he never say himself as an out and out number 9 as he likes to drop deeper and play make . Hence th number 10 jersey he favours rather than 9
    And you will obviously also have better midfield options available to you

At this moment in time he should not be in the conversation
    Obviously I could look very silly if he finally Goes wild at home to burnley
    But for now he is a NO
    And people who are captaining him are doing it in blind faith and going against all evidence , stats etc
    If he was not almost 11ml they wouldn’t even consider it
    But when you spend that money on a player you feel like you have to captain him in these games
    Another reason not to buy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Janmaat to Aurier. Pondering to take a hit to bring in Tammy for Jiminez

• Advertisement

siblers wrote: »
    Janmaat to Aurier. Pondering to take a hit to bring in Tammy for Jiminez

A hit to bring in someone who is carrying a knock and may not start for someone in equally good form nailed on to start
    Hhhmmmmm
    Tough one
    NO !

I think people are forgetting that as well as this being the 3rd league game of the week there are big european games for a number of teams midweek
    Rotation is gonna sting this weekend. I am going to be hit hard !

In an unusual situation as I have 2 FTs and didn't really want to use them. Like the look of my team for next gameweek as well. Was going to use one to sell Martial but think Solskjaer might start him against City. Even if he doesn't he's got a good record against next week's opponents Everton so I might keep him for that one.

Decided in the end to improve my bench options with 2 dull transfers: Tomori and Williams out, Dunk and Kelly in.

2 solid moves
    But I’d have sold martial tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭siblers

A hit to bring in someone who is carrying a knock and may not start for someone in equally good form nailed on to start
    Hhhmmmmm
    Tough one
    NO !

I think people are forgetting that as well as this being the 3rd league game of the week there are big european games for a number of teams midweek
    Rotation is gonna sting this weekend. I am going to be hit hard !

Yeah not worth the hit. I think Jimmy should be safe to start, Wolves already qualified so he'll get a rest midweek

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

siblers wrote: »
    Yeah not worth the hit. I think Jimmy should be safe to start, Wolves already qualified so he'll get a rest midweek

I’m pretty sure Jiminez is suspended in the Europa so no reason he won’t start this weekend.

On the Kane thing, the guy has ONE goal at home since the opening day. He has only scored twice in the last 7 league games, one a penalty. There are much better options out there at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Convinced myself that Spurs form will pick up and their enticing fixtures will bring back the best of Kane.. a gamble considering how deep he has been recently but hopefully it pays off..

• Registered Users Posts: 36,103 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I wouldn't fear rotation for any teams other than Chelsea, and particularly Liverpool. Both due to Champions League.

For Liverpool, I suspect TAA will get a resrt, while there's a small chance Mane will. I cant see Salah and Firmino not starting barring injury.

I dont know Chelsea well enough, but I suspect Pulisic might be due a benching? Abraham too if the knock from midweek is bad.

Take price out of it so
    He would be detrimental to your team Cos he won’t get as many points as the other striking options . He is still playing deep. This is HIS game . Even when he was going well he said himself he never say himself as an out and out number 9 as he likes to drop deeper and play make . Hence th number 10 jersey he favours rather than 9
    And you will obviously also have better midfield options available to you

At this moment in time he should not be in the conversation
    Obviously I could look very silly if he finally Goes wild at home to burnley
    But for now he is a NO
    And people who are captaining him are doing it in blind faith and going against all evidence , stats etc
    If he was not almost 11ml they wouldn’t even consider it
    But when you spend that money on a player you feel like you have to captain him in these games
    Another reason not to buy

You are not wrong. It is absolutely blind faith. There is no recent statistical data that indicates an impending explosion. But it’s admittedly blind faith in a guy who has scored 128 goals since the beginning of the 2014 season, coupled with a coach who will almost certainly see getting those 20 goals per year as crucial to success, and coupled with what I consider to be a pretty healthy run of fixtures for attacking players. Wolves are the only team in their next 6 that teeter close to that goal a game average mark.

And I think the main motivator in getting punty (and I have made no bones about the fact that I know it is punty) is the feeling that it is exceptionally low risk for a player teetering around the 11 mill mark. I just don’t feel like this move is much more detrimental to the overall balance of my team than my 6.1 Danny Ings one was 4 games ago.

69 clean sheets in 300 teams aiming for a shutout this season. Last year there was 211 from 760, 230 and 219 the years before that. Stockpiling the players getting them has not been difficult. Outside of Liverpool defenders who haven’t been keeping clean sheets, it’s hard to justify spending bags of cash at the back on defenders. 2 of the top 3 scorers started out at 4.0
    and 4.5 million. It’s mad.

For me, if I went with a template 15 of the highest performing players in every position in the game so far, I’d be left with far too many Leicester players, a crazy amount of squad depth that a chronic over thinker like me would have no idea what to do with each Saturday morning, but ultimately I’d only be short 11.8 million to do so.

Value is a whole different ballgame this year, and it’s why I’ve been able to have had the likes of Aguero, Aubameyang and now Kane as extreme luxury players who were signed for fixtures and pedigree ahead of form, with a reasonable amount of success of varying degrees.

Could I go with a form guy like Rashford instead? Absolutely. Would I back him to outscore Kane in the next 6 games myself? Probably not in any coinflip. I’d be leaving this exchange with my 8 point hit avoided moving on next week to go to a front 7 of Mane, De Bruyne, Zaha, Maddison, Vardy, Abraham, Kane with Leicester defensive coverage, double Sheff United coverage and Palace coverage all in hand, and only really looking ahead towards getting Christmas cover in for an injured Janmaat and re-evaluating Maddison’s position.

Kane is the sort of guy at the moment, who people will scoff at you if it doesn’t pay off, but ultimately the risk isn’t much higher than going with a host of other strikers (who aren’t named Jamie or Tammy) and the success not going as you’d hoped.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Is martial and jimenez to alli and ings worth - 4

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Is Rico a rotation risk after his early sub?

Want Kelly in for him or Tomori, but Rico has a nice fixture in 18

Edit: going to dump Tomori, nice run for Palace and 18 is the key week with no Liverpool

You are not wrong. It is absolutely blind faith. There is no recent statistical data that indicates an impending explosion. But it’s admittedly blind faith in a guy who has scored 128 goals since the beginning of the 2014 season, coupled with a coach who will almost certainly see getting those 20 goals per year as crucial to success, and coupled with what I consider to be a pretty healthy run of fixtures for attacking players. Wolves are the only team in their next 6 that teeter close to that goal a game average mark.

And I think the main motivator in getting punty (and I have made no bones about the fact that I know it is punty) is the feeling that it is exceptionally low risk for a player teetering around the 11 mill mark. I just don’t feel like this move is much more detrimental to the overall balance of my team than my 6.1 Danny Ings one was 4 games ago.

69 clean sheets in 300 teams aiming for a shutout this season. Last year there was 211 from 760, 230 and 219 the years before that. Stockpiling the players getting them has not been difficult. Outside of Liverpool defenders who haven’t been keeping clean sheets, it’s hard to justify spending bags of cash at the back on defenders. 2 of the top 3 scorers started out at 4.0
    and 4.5 million. It’s mad.

For me, if I went with a template 15 of the highest performing players in every position in the game so far, I’d be left with far too many Leicester players, a crazy amount of squad depth that a chronic over thinker like me would have no idea what to do with each Saturday morning, but ultimately I’d only be short 11.8 million to do so.

Value is a whole different ballgame this year, and it’s why I’ve been able to have had the likes of Aguero, Aubameyang and now Kane as extreme luxury players who were signed for fixtures and pedigree ahead of form, with a reasonable amount of success of varying degrees.

Could I go with a form guy like Rashford instead? Absolutely. Would I back him to outscore Kane in the next 6 games myself? Probably not in any coinflip. I’d be leaving this exchange with my 8 point hit avoided moving on next week to go to a front 7 of Mane, De Bruyne, Zaha, Maddison, Vardy, Abraham, Kane with Leicester defensive coverage, double Sheff United coverage and Palace coverage all in hand, and only really looking ahead towards getting Christmas cover in for an injured Janmaat and re-evaluating Maddison’s position.

Kane is the sort of guy at the moment, who people will scoff at you if it doesn’t pay off, but ultimately the risk isn’t much higher than going with a host of other strikers (who aren’t named Jamie or Tammy) and the success not going as you’d hoped.

The problem is he isn’t playing as a striker for me
    He is dropping deep and letting Alli and son run past him
    He isn’t even making it into the box to back them up
    I am beginning to wonder if it is a case of him not being able to make those runs quick enough rather than being a tactical thing
    Are those ankle injuries taking a toll ?

• Advertisement

The problem is he isn’t playing as a striker for me
    He is dropping deep and letting Alli and son run past him
    He isn’t even making it into the box to back them up
    I am beginning to wonder if it is a case of him not being able to make those runs quick enough rather than being a tactical thing
    Are those ankle injuries taking a toll ?

This is my main worry too but I think Mourinho will see what he has very clearly, and no better game to start using that insanely potent frontman than at home to a leaky team who don’t keep the ball well.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,249 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Bench Jimi or abandon the double Sheff United defence? Ings & Vardy & TAA have to start. Maybe bench Soyuncu? But I benched him midweek with a clean sheet.

FitzShane wrote: »
    Bench Jimi or abandon the double Sheff United defence? Ings & Vardy & TAA have to start. Maybe bench Soyuncu? But I benched him midweek with a clean sheet.

Why would INGS have to start but not Jiminez? Other way around for me.
    I do not see many goals in that newcastle game........

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Tomori benched, Mount starts according to FPL guy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭COH

Downgraded Ake to Kelly to free up some funds. Exciting stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Taking Salah out for Mane and then captaining him is defintely the stupidest transfer of the season so far for me:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Taking Salah out for Mane and then captaining him is defintely the stupidest transfer of the season so far for me:pac:

Nah, you've definitely made more stupid. You were unlucky that Klopp benched him, but the move was sound

• Registered Users Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

I get it

eh i dunno wrote: »
    I get it

I wouldn’t say the performance has done much to dispel the fears. I did it, and am obviously delighted with the early goal, but Son looks the danger.

• Advertisement

eh i dunno wrote: »
    I get it

I still don’t

Advertisement