Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 16 Transfer Thread:

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

He's playing great at the moment, shouldn't be rested. They shouldn't bring him to the world club cup. Say he has an "injury"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,631 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

jamesbere wrote: »
    He's playing great at the moment, shouldn't be rested. They shouldn't bring him to the world club cup. Say he has an "injury"

No way he'd allow that,
    The World club cup is huge for players outside of England , no idea why in England its not a big deal, the south American, African and European players count it as of one the biggest trophy's you can win

Anyway I can't decide if he wil be benched tomorrow or next week v Watford,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Mane very rarely gets rested. Even last year when Firmino and/or Salah got the odd break it always seemed to be Mane that kept playing.

He played all bar 344 minutes last season. He started 35 of 38 games, missing one through an injured finger. One of the other games he wasnt even in the squad, and i am 99% certain he was injured for that also. The only other game he didn't start was directly after that one, when he came on after 65 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

This time last year he was rested/injured for the midweek game v Burnley, that weekend Salah got his hattrick v Bournemouth, Mane came on

Green&Red wrote: »
    This time last year he was rested/injured for the midweek game v Burnley, that weekend Salah got his hattrick v Bournemouth, Mane came on

I checked it out, he missed the Burnley game through injury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,511 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

CSF wrote: »
    I think it’s a question, but not that big of one. A draw puts them through in Salzburg on Tuesday.

And a loss could send them crashing out. Extra embarrassing if you didn't play your strongest team.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

went rashford > Abraham

Tomori > Reece James

Rashford is in great form? Why would you dump him?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Benimar wrote: »
    Agreed. Same with TAA. Liverpool can afford Gomez at RB more on Tuesday than tomorrow, as they can take a draw in the CL.

I’m almost certain TAA will be benched for Gomez
    I’m also worried about mane
    And it’s the first week in awhile where my bench is weak
    And I only have ONE home player
    Scared

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Got stung by PVA this week. Then ended up with a Rico 9 pointer on my bench too.

Tempted for a -8, but not pulled the trigger yet -
    PVA --> Aurier
    Rico --> Kelly
    Connolly --> Jesus

Would leave my team this weekend as -
    Henderson
    Aurier, Soyunchu, Kelly
    Maddison, Mane, Son, Pulisic
    Vardy, Tammy, Jesus

Who are your 5 defenders if you get Kelly for PVA and do a -4 and does Jesus give you a strong front 8?

I got Kelly in this week for Williams as I've a weak defence. Had planned on going with Grealish for Saka and a strong front 8.

Pep had said Kun would miss the Derby so weigh up any news we get from him today.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,018 ✭✭✭✭CSF

dsmythy wrote: »
    And a loss could send them crashing out. Extra embarrassing if you didn't play your strongest team.

That’s true. I just don’t think they’re gonna take any liberties with the Premier League given how long it’s been without one.

Mane feels like their most important player at the moment so they won’t want either to be talking about that defeat away to Bournemouth where they rested Mane and the decline began.

After the Watford game next weekend, Liverpool don’t play a Premier League or Champions League game until Stephens Day. They’ll want to win that World Club Cup for sure, but it will surely be fighting with the FA Cup to be priority number 3 on the list.

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    Scared

Agree. I'd add Robertson too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

PEA or Jimmi to Tammy?

km79 wrote: »
    Scared

Can’t see TAA being benched. Gomez will be fine in Salzburg, Trents attacking threat is more needed tomorrow as you would imagine Bournemouth will sit in.

Benimar wrote: »
    Can’t see TAA being benched. Gomez will be fine in Salzburg, Trents attacking threat is more needed tomorrow as you would imagine Bournemouth will sit in.

He could just be dropped rather than rested !
    Klopp might feel too tiredness played a role in his performance mid week
    Wansnt good
    Lucky not to have picked up 2 yellows

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I did martial to alli on Wednesday. Did lowton to aurier for a -4 as I've only 3 playing defenders and want to start getting a fully playing squad for gw 18 to allow me hold TAA and Mane.

Have a serious benching headache this week now
    Klopp might take care of that for me though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Rashford is in great form? Why would you dump him?
    I know I panicked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Lowton to Kelly or Aurier?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Tomori for M.Kelly is very tempting, but both would only make the bench this week.

All this talk.of rotation has me spooked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Martial and Rashford to Kane and Wijnaldum

• Advertisement

Gini could be rested. Has played a lot of minutes. Rashford was very good against Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭macraignil

Lowton to Kelly or Aurier?

Difficult choice.

I'd go for Kelly and have brought him in myself since Ward is out but I think Aurier is more likely to get attacking returns since he seems to play further up the pitch. Kelly I think is more likely to get a clean sheet and is cheaper so if you can do something with the spare cash it might be the better move.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

*Checks why someone would want Wijnaldum in their team*

Ah yes, 8 points in the last game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Just done Tomori to Aurier.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

What's the reasoning behind these moves?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

All these "could be rested" posts are just scaremongering. Nobody on here has a clue about that, stop overthinking it

Scout picks midfield
    Maddison Alli pulisic mane
    I have all 4 plus zaha
    I have Maddison benched .......

Shedite27 wrote: »
    All these "could be rested" posts are just scaremongering. Nobody on here has a clue about that, stop overthinking it
    They're not scaremongering. Nor are they facts. There are patterns that often follow year upon year, and then there are times when peoples' predictions go way off the mark.

But I don't see people doing anything other than trying to join the dots.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Too many problems to sort out so banking because I think it will be a low scoring week

• Advertisement

The only issue I’m facing with my transfer plan for this week.

Son, Mane, Maddison, De Bruyne, Zaha, Vardy, Ings, Mousset.

Which one do you bench? My least favourite part of a strong front 7. At a guess it would be Ings or Zaha right, but I’m so reluctant with Ings being on form and Zaha central to everything Palace do.

Advertisement