Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 16 Transfer Thread:

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

McBain11 wrote: »
    It was a small injury that kept him from playing a match a few days before.

I tend to listen to a lot of the manager interviews and read into what they are saying. Usually I get it spot on with injuries, but I thought there was a serious chance of Abraham being on the bench and only used if Chelsea were struggling late on. Maybe I missed something, but I took from Lampard that Abraham was still struggling even if he was back in training.
    Oh I agree, I took a gamble cos Lampard said they'd give him every chance which tipped me towards starting him.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

It's also very easy in hindsight, plus just cause someone sold Abraham it doesn't mean it was the wrong decision, Ings, Rashford, Jimenez are all in better form, some folk even went with Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Ace2007 wrote: »
    It's also very easy in hindsight, plus just cause someone sold Abraham it doesn't mean it was the wrong decision, Ings, Rashford, Jimenez are all in better form, some folk even went with Jesus.

Oh I know, I just think people rush transferring players out without researching first.

Probably over thinking this :D

macraignil wrote: »
    Just checked fplstatistics there and Abraham is already back up to 60% to a rise in price after being close to a drop before playing last night. Could cost more for anyone waiting to bring him in with that rate of a rise.

Selling Lacazette so money no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,245 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

The whole Tammy conundrum fukt me up this GW. What a waste of 2 transfers.
    I'm going to re-assemble my VAJ for the weekend :pac:

• Advertisement

The Abraham injury could have been anything.

There was going to be 3 games in 7 days.

I don’t believe a word out of any managers mouth

Selling, for me, was the right thing to do.

One injury can lead to another.

Wasted move, in hindsight, but I’m not unhappy with the call.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,422 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

gammygils wrote: »
    The whole Tammy conundrum fukt me up this GW. What a waste of 2 transfers.
    I'm going to re-assemble my VAJ for the weekend :pac:

Going VAI myself. Hopefully they'll make sweet music like the guitar maestro they're named after.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Who do ya play?
    Lundstram (Norwich away)
    Soyuncu (Villa away)
    Tomori (Everton away)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭daheff

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Who do ya play?
    Lundstram (Norwich away)
    Soyuncu (Villa away)
    Tomori (Everton away)

Soyuncu all day

What are people's thoughts on Liverpool players? No game in week 19. Want to dump Sterling for Mane, but don't want 2 or 3 players not having a game that week.

Maybe Sterling for Alli now, and then alli for Mane after world club games??

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Who do ya play?
    Lundstram (Norwich away)
    Soyuncu (Villa away)
    Tomori (Everton away)

Lundstrum bit Thats a tough one
    I would play first 2 if at all possible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

daheff wrote: »
    Soyuncu all day

What are people's thoughts on Liverpool players? No game in week 19. Want to dump Sterling for Mane, but don't want 2 or 3 players not having a game that week.

Maybe Sterling for Alli now, and then alli for Mane after world club games??

Careful, I think it's GW 18 they have no game, not 19.
    They have Watford GW 17 So I think I'll want to keep Mane for that

Who do ya play?
    Lundstram (Norwich away)
    Soyuncu (Villa away)
    Tomori (Everton away)

Lundstram has started every GW for me this season, with the exception of the away game at Anfield, and he’ll continue to do so.

If you own him start him. Well that’s how I’m rolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭elefant

Who do ya play?
    Lundstram (Norwich away)
    Soyuncu (Villa away)
    Tomori (Everton away)

I'd play Lundstram.

Villa have only been held scoreless twice since August, and one of those was against City. I'd back them to score against Leicester.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

The Abraham injury could have been anything.

There was going to be 3 games in 7 days.

I don’t believe a word out of any managers mouth

Selling, for me, was the right thing to do.

One injury can lead to another.

Wasted move, in hindsight, but I’m not unhappy with the call.

I’m the same, brought in Jesus and still happy enough with that. Jimmi might actually make way for Rash or Tammy in the next week or two

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Need some advice. Current team is:
    Pope
    Robbo Lundy Soy
    Mane Son Maddison Mount
    Vardy Jimi Jesus

Stek Tomori Douglas.L Lowton

2ft and 0.8m to spend.

Could maybe just fix up the bench for housekeeping?

Or go a bit more aggressive and do something like Mount/Jesus to Alli/Abraham or KdB/Ings?

No idea what to do. Could just be safe and go Lowton to Kelly and reassess next GW. But have 100 points to make up in my ML.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,935 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Looking at a pre-Christmas rejig of Aubameyang, Saka, and Janmaat out to bring in Mousset, Son and Aurier in for an 8 point hit.

Anyone think I’m being hasty with any of those hits or can suggest better use of those funds? I’m beginning to think with Mousset being as productive as he has been, that the 5th midfielder as a cheapie isnt even a justifiable option anymore.

Need some advice. Current team is:
    Pope
    Robbo Lundy Soy
    Mane Son Maddison Mount
    Vardy Jimi Jesus

Stek Tomori Douglas.L Lowton

2ft and 0.8m to spend.

Could maybe just fix up the bench for housekeeping?

Or go a bit more aggressive and do something like Mount/Jesus to Alli/Abraham or KdB/Ings?

No idea what to do. Could just be safe and go Lowton to Kelly and reassess next GW. But have 100 points to make up in my ML.

I think your final option is the best one and for at least a couple of reasons.

It’s always good to prepare for the festive and tidying up your bench will do that.

I wouldn’t double up on Spurs just yet.

Mount has been sold heavily recently so is kinda a differential and Jesus is one.

So if you’re chasing they are good options.

Having 2 FT’s next week will feel good too.

CSF wrote: »
    Looking at a pre-Christmas rejig of Aubameyang, Saka, and Janmaat out to bring in Mousset, Son and Aurier in for an 8 point hit.

Anyone think I’m being hasty with any of those hits or can suggest better use of those funds? I’m beginning to think with Mousset being as productive as he has been, that the 5th midfielder as a cheapie isnt even a justifiable option anymore.

I would definitely try and jettison those 3 and I think buying Son and Aurier is a great idea.

I’m just not in love with the Mousset move. Would you be playing him ? Can you stretch to ings ? Big stretch I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

I think your final option is the best one and for at least a couple of reasons.

It’s always good to prepare for the festive and tidying up your bench will do that.

I wouldn’t double up on Spurs just yet.

Mount has been sold heavily recently so is kinda a differential and Jesus is one.

So if you’re chasing they are good options.

Having 2 FT’s next week will feel good too.

Yeah cheers. Think it's a good shout!
    Looking at next week's fixtures I'd like Tammy back though. So it would be Jesus or Jimi to go.

Is Kelly the best sub 4.5m option? Or is that another transfer in a few GWs. Maybe a Newcastle def?

I would definitely try and jettison those 3 and I think buying Son and Aurier is a great idea.

I’m just not in love with the Mousset move. Would you be playing him ? Can you stretch to ings ? Big stretch I know.

I already have Ings (until I decide to go back to Abraham probably next week) haha. Mousset would be last on my list to play.

I’m looking at a midfield of Son, Maddison (for the timebeing), Mane, De Bruyne and Zaha. Up front would eventually be Vardy and Tammy with Mousset as the cheap 8th option (who will become necessary in Liverpool’s blank week and inevitable Christmas rotation at all teams).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

May be worth holding off on the Martial rage transfers. Solskjaer says he may play some minutes against City which indicates his injury is minor. He has a nice run of games (Everton, Watford, Newcastle, Burnley) after City so maybe if you have a decent squad bench him this week and then bring him back for that nice run of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Yeah cheers. Think it's a good shout!
    Looking at next week's fixtures I'd like Tammy back though. So it would be Jesus or Jimi to go.

Is Kelly the best sub 4.5m option? Or is that another transfer in a few GWs. Maybe a Newcastle def?

I wouldn't sell Jesus, hes a huge differential and has big hauls in him. Hes a hold until Aguero comes back

I already have Ings (until I decide to go back to Abraham probably next week) haha. Mousset would be last on my list to play.

I’m looking at a midfield of Son, Maddison (for the timebeing), Mane, De Bruyne and Zaha. Up front would eventually be Vardy and Tammy with Mousset as the cheap 8th option (who will become necessary in Liverpool’s blank week and inevitable Christmas rotation at all teams).

Then it’s a huge yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Got stung by PVA this week. Then ended up with a Rico 9 pointer on my bench too.

Tempted for a -8, but not pulled the trigger yet -
    PVA --> Aurier
    Rico --> Kelly
    Connolly --> Jesus

Would leave my team this weekend as -
    Henderson
    Aurier, Soyunchu, Kelly
    Maddison, Mane, Son, Pulisic
    Vardy, Tammy, Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Saka and Martial has become Zaha & Grealish

• Registered Users Posts: 20,555 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

will Mane play ?
    Huge game midweek in the champions league and he is yet to have a rest ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

went rashford > Abraham

Tomori > Reece James

will Mane play ?

I think it’s a question, but not that big of one. A draw puts them through in Salzburg on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

I think it’s a question, but not that big of one. A draw puts them through in Salzburg on Tuesday.

Agreed. Same with TAA. Liverpool can afford Gomez at RB more on Tuesday than tomorrow, as they can take a draw in the CL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

will Mane play ?

I think he'll be benched.

Advertisement