Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 14 Transfer thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Which of these is the best option . Sold Sterling for Son so have funds to upgrade Tielmans

Maddison
    Pulisic
    Jimenez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    Which of these is the best option . Sold Sterling for Son so have funds to upgrade Tielmans

Maddison
    Pulisic
    Jimenez

Jiminez is a striker ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

km79 wrote: »
    Jiminez is a striker ?

I know he's a striker but I can upgrade Tielmans to him by getting in a cheaper midfielder and then transferring in Jimenez for my fodder striker . To sum up 352 with Maddison or Pulisic or 343 with Jimenez. I'm basically asking which of those 3 gives the best value going forward. It's a tough one. Even keeping Tielmans might be the better option . That's what the fantasy football scout said when comparing him to Maddison

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    I know he's a striker but I can upgrade Tielmans to him by getting in a cheaper midfielder and then transferring in Jimenez for my fodder striker . To sum up 352 with Maddison or Pulisic or 343 with Jimenez. I'm basically asking which of those 3 gives the best value going forward. It's a tough one. Even keeping Tielmans might be the better option . That's what the fantasy football scout said when comparing him to Maddison

Jiminez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

iroced wrote: »
    Original plan was Digne -> Soyuncu
    That will leave me with £1.9m ITB and a Tomori Lundstram Soyuncu VVD Mings defense. The first 4 have a great run of fixtures coming.

I wanted to ditch Cantwell (for once that I finally benched him he fecking scores) and get Mount if he's fully fit. But I'd be short £0.3m.

So was thinking that maybe I'd do VVD -> Soyuncu such that I can afford the above transfer and have more cash to spend in midfield anyway. Also I have 3 def with great fixtures coming (Digne will be ditched next GW) and 'Pool don't seem to be keeping CS this year.

Yea or nay?
    Can you afford them by ditching Digne insead of VVD for Soyuncu? Digne has a horrible run coming up (Leicester, Liverpool, Chelsea, United, Aresenal next 5), whereas Liverpool have a lovely run (Brighton, Everton, Watford home, and Bournemouth away in next 4).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

So who to sacrifice to get Son...KDB or Mount? City aren't playing well and their next 5 don't look easy. Mount has had his rest and Chelsea look good. Selling KDB would leave me with no City but would allow me to keep funds aside for a move for Kane if he starts to look like a good option again.

So who to sacrifice to get Son...KDB or Mount? City aren't playing well and their next 5 don't look easy. Mount has had his rest and Chelsea look good. Selling KDB would leave me with no City but would allow me to keep funds aside for a move for Kane if he starts to look like a good option again.

Also selling KDB could allows a potential Son Alli double up. Alli looked really good in the highlights and could be a huge differential. Think I've made up my mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Torn as to what move to make,the only obvious one is Sterling out for Son.
    I'm happy with my overall team but so much tied up in Sterling and his returns haven't been up to the standard of last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Treble Leicester as a template is killing it at the moment with Chilwell/Soy delivering clean sheets and attacking returns - and then Mads & Vardy returning consistent scores up front!!

I'd have 4 leicester if I could. Would love a 2nd defender of theirs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Was Mount rested or dropped?

dsmythy wrote: »
    Was Mount rested or dropped?

Change of formation so choice was between him and pulisic
    So dropped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

He didn’t
    The squad he inherited was absolutely awful . A mish mash of Moyes/LVG
    This is a good spurs squad . Well team anyway. Squad is prob a bit tho

Wouldn’t agree there, that team had Pogba, Martial, Rashford, Sanchez, Mata, Mkhitaryan

Not as good as Eriksen, Alli and Kane but still a lot of potential there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

Auba out. Mousset in. Frees up funds for Douzi to Son.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

SkySter wrote: »
    Auba out. Mousset in. Frees up funds for Douzi to Son.

looked like mousset pulled up just before he got subbed. might be nothing but just in case you havent pulled the trigger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Thinking Auba to Jimenez or Rashford. This allows me to do Saka to Zaha which has a nice ring to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Bit of a conundrum this week...relatively happy with my squad but no Spurs coverage.

Can go Cantwell to Alli, or Mount to Son.

Tempted to hang on to Mount tbh but will give me a selection headache if i keep him.

Could bank and reassess Spurs next week I guess..

a nice 69
    HEWT

;)

Green&Red wrote: »
    Wouldn’t agree there, that team had Pogba, Martial, Rashford, Sanchez, Mata, Mkhitaryan

Not as good as Eriksen, Alli and Kane but still a lot of potential there.
    That United team was weighed down by slow attackers tho, If was more Lukaku than Rashford there, Sanchez and Mikhy were a swap deal so weren't there together.

Can't remember where I read/heard it this week but basically explained all the teams he managed, he adapted the style to suit the players available to him. Inter was the only one he really went ultra defensive, and that was due to the players available to him there.

Edit: Found the article: https://www.coachesvoice.com/coach-watch-jose-mourinho-tottenham/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Bit of a conundrum this week...relatively happy with my squad but no Spurs coverage.

Can go Cantwell to Alli, or Mount to Son.

Tempted to hang on to Mount tbh but will give me a selection headache if i keep him.

Could bank and reassess Spurs next week I guess..

I'd definitely bring in Son. Bang in form, Mount's returns haven't been great recently and may not even start.

Exact same dilemma.

I couldn’t decide but did decide to sit on it for another 1-2 weeks.

It’s a really hard decision. Mount and KDB are great value.

Chelsea have a fantastic run and City have a great run coming up. They are City and an early goal, in any game, opens up the potential for a few more.

Martial is the other one I could upgrade to Son. It didn’t cross my mind (because I think he’s an awesome player) but looking at fixtures and they are not great for United. Not sure Spurs are much better though.

• Advertisement

Exact same dilemma.

I couldn’t decide but did decide to sit on it for another 1-2 weeks.

It’s a really hard decision. Mount and KDB are great value.

Chelsea have a fantastic run and City have a great run coming up. They are City and an early goal, in any game, opens up the potential for a few more.

Martial is the other one I could upgrade to Son. It didn’t cross my mind (because I think he’s an awesome player) but looking at fixtures and they are not great for United. Not sure Spurs are much better though.
    I’m watching spurs midweek and then I’ll decide whether I’ll do martial to Alli
    At the moment it’s 75% happening
    United are almost a no go once again for me

I’m watching spurs midweek and then I’ll decide whether I’ll do martial to Alli
    At the moment it’s 75% happening
    United are almost a no go once again for me

A tad harsh on United but I do see where you’re coming from.

And it’s Martial so regardless of the team he scores goals and points. His points to minutes ratio can be ridiculous. He’s lethal.

Son himself is pretty awesome but I am concerned they may become more workmanlike under Jose. But that may be an unfair tag he carries.

I’ve also pretty much ignored prices rises/falls this season so I’ve taken some bad drops. It leaves me short the 0.3m I need for a straight swap now so it would mean selling B Mendy which I’m not too concerned about.

The injury to J Ward could mean a nice downgrade from Mendy to M Kelly. I’ll have to wait and see how Ward is though.

Thoroughly bloody enjoyable season so far.

siblers wrote: »
    I'd definitely bring in Son. Bang in form, Mount's returns haven't been great recently and may not even start.

I have the cash for Mount - Maddison but am sticking with Mount.

Lampard said his benching was just tactical as he wanted a 3rd defensive mid in for City away (Jorgino, Kante, Kovacic). There'll be no need for that with their upcoming run - WHU, VIL, eve, BOU. Should be plenty of goals for Chelsea in those 4.

A tad harsh on United but I do see where you’re coming from.

And it’s Martial so regardless of the team he scores goals and points. His points to minutes ratio can be ridiculous. He’s lethal.

Son himself is pretty awesome but I am concerned they may become more workmanlike under Jose. But that may be an unfair tag he carries.

I’ve also pretty much ignored prices rises/falls this season so I’ve taken some bad drops. It leaves me short the 0.3m I need for a straight swap now so it would mean selling B Mendy which I’m not too concerned about.

The injury to J Ward could mean a nice downgrade from Mendy to M Kelly. I’ll have to wait and see how Ward is though.

Thoroughly bloody enjoyable season so far.

KDB to son is the obvious move for me and maybe the one I should make
    I may even wait a week yet ........
    If Ward Is out kelly is also on my radar
    Can’t wait to sell Fredricks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Another -4 taken. Sterling, Rico out and Mane, Williams in. Can just about afford it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

.2m short for Sterling to Mane or Salah.

Do I sell Mount to Perez & fund this or sell Cantwell to fodder (Dendoncker)

The two transfers would be a hit!

Is it worth it

Chesty08 wrote: »

Is it worth it
    Sell cantwell
    And get mane not salah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Is it worth it

That's the dilemma I had. I decided to sacrifice a 4.2m defender. I considered selling Mount but that West Ham fixture looks very nice, providing he starts.

If you find you are rarely using Cantwell he might be worth moving on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I see Kelly is at -85 towards a drop. I'd be quite doubtful he drops anytime soon, but if he does I'll let that determine my -4 hit and bring in Ings, Son and Kelly in for Wilson, Mount and Guilbert. If he doesn't drop, I could chance Williams, or else just bring in Ayew/McGoldrick and Son.

That's the dilemma I had. I decided to sacrifice a 4.2m defender. I considered selling Mount but that West Ham fixture looks very nice, providing he starts.

If you find you are rarely using Cantwell he might be worth moving on.

Yeah find myself rarely using Cantwell.

I don’t know, I think I’m gonna go for Salah as a nice differential

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Yeah find myself rarely using Cantwell.

I don’t know, I think I’m gonna go for Salah as a nice differential

At least wait till he plays again. Napoli is arguably a game Liverpool "need" Salah for more, so he could play that and start on the bench again at the weekend (especially with Everton up next).

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Cantwell to Dele Alli or Lucas Moura?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

ShimSlady wrote: »
    Cantwell to Dele Alli or Lucas Moura?

I'd say Alli will play more but Son is the Spurs MF to own

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Am stumped I have the funds to do Yarmolenko > Alli or I could take an 8pt hit and go Ederson/Yarm > Son/Ryan?

Think I’ll be shipping Ederson ASAP but can’t excuse an 8pt minus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

At least wait till he plays again. Napoli is arguably a game Liverpool "need" Salah for more, so he could play that and start on the bench again at the weekend (especially with Everton up next).

Liverpool need to win the league this year. No let ups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

dsmythy wrote: »
    Liverpool need to win the league this year. No let ups.

Exactly and Everton should be a tougher game than Brighton

Exactly and Everton should be a tougher game than Brighton

There are no easy games & this is why Klopp plays the same 11 (give or take mixing the 3 midfielders) week in week out.

He’ll want Salah ready for the Club World Cup having a block of games under his belt.

He was ready to come on v Palace til Firmino scored.

He is fine & will play v Brighton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Sterling to Son done.

No city cover now. But have 3 m in the bank, so if I want I can do Pulisic/Maddison to DeBruyne. But I don't think either of them are worth a -4.

I just realised. I can field 11 home players for next week. After the amount of away victories this week that's no necessarily a good thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'm the same with no City players currently after I did KDB -> Son.

Jesus is nailed on to start for the next 3 games at least too. He is 9.5m tho, and for that money Vardy probably is the better option going by form.

I'm half tempted to bring in Firmino for a couple games as differential. Same price bracket. He tends to go in bursts of goals/assists. Started the season with 3G & 3A in the first 6 games, then nothing in the following 6. Last year he went on similar runs - 2G & 2A in 5 games, then 7 blanks, then 2G & 2A in 5 games, followed by 2 blanks, back to 5G in 3 games, one final drought of 1A in 6 games and final flurry of 3G & 2A in 4 games. Maybe, being a Liverpool fan, is me wanting to have him score more than Jesus or Vardy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'll be banking this week, as any change I'll need to make involves two transfers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Tempted to do Sterling and Martial to De Bruyne and Son, have the exact money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

2ft's. Bit of a mind**** this week with so many in form players having great fixtures. Current team still going with the Sterling & De Bruyne double and haven't switched yet to Mane/Salah, which I feel is the big weakness in my team with Liverpool's fixtures coming up.

So I have to sacrifice either one of De Bruyne or Sterling. Was happy to boot the latter, but now with Kun being out it's got me doubting again with Sterling looking a more attractive option in his absence. I could hypothetically do Mane/Son for Sterling/Mount which looks tempting. One of those head scratcher weeks for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Ok so I am getting rid of Diop before his inevitable price drop. Currently have Robbo, Soy, Lunds & Lascalles (will deal with again) What are the best 4.5 options atm?

Currently considering Bednarek because of fixtures. Not going near Williams. Don't really fancy doubling up on Sheffield Utd. & Villas fixtures are awful. Have Popey in goals but Burnley's fixtures turning as well. Also don't fancy Bournemouth...

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

Sterling to Son & Yarmolenko to Zaha.

No City players now.....feels good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,299 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Might offload Mount before he drops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

VVD & Tielemans to Williams & Son for a -4

Grealish is starting to look like a really interesting prospect. Back from his injury & straight in with an assist.

Think it could be Mount —-> Grealish time

Grealish is starting to look like a really interesting prospect. Back from his injury & straight in with an assist.

United/Chelsea/Leicester in the next 3 but firmly on the watchlist for Christmas.

Ok so I am getting rid of Diop before his inevitable price drop. Currently have Robbo, Soy, Lunds & Lascalles (will deal with again) What are the best 4.5 options atm?

Currently considering Bednarek because of fixtures. Not going near Williams. Don't really fancy doubling up on Sheffield Utd. & Villas fixtures are awful. Have Popey in goals but Burnley's fixtures turning as well. Also don't fancy Bournemouth...
    Palace defender? From the looks of things you only need someone to rotate in from time to time anyway. Robbed, Soy, Lundy is a solid back 3

Their next few fixtures are horrible though. I've my eye on him from GW18.

• Advertisement
Advertisement