Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 14 Transfer thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,633 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

km79 wrote:
    Slash is clearly carrying that injury for a while And will continue to do so during there crazy schedule

Probably from carrying a guitar the whole time throughout their 'Not in this lifetime' world tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

km79 wrote: »
    Slash is clearly carrying that injury for a while
    And will continue to do so during there crazy schedule
    You would Be mad time be getting him in
    I assume you have Mane ?
    If so there are many many options other than salah . All of whom will have a game in gw 18 too

I am aware of the injury, that's why I said "if I was sure of his fitness".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Take away Sterlings GW1 haul of 20 points and hes way down, Son didn't even play in the first 2 games . No brainer

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    I am aware of the injury, that's why I said "if I was sure of his fitness".

You will have a ridiculous bank balance so Cos you can be sure he is carrying an ankle injury which has meant he hasnt been training fully

• Registered Users Posts: 8,562 ✭✭✭shmeee

Sterling out. Can't decide between Son/KdB.
    Going with Son leaves me with 0 City players which seems mental

I'm trying to get in Son but it would be instead of KDB like and no City coverage would be insane.

Don't want to upset my front 3, the VAJ.

A good few price rises set for tonight also it seems. But then we've Midweek games.....

• Advertisement

shmeee wrote: »
    I'm trying to get in Son but it would be instead of KDB like and no City coverage would be insane.

Don't want to upset my front 3, the VAJ.

A good few price rises set for tonight also it seems. But then we've Midweek games.....

It wouldn’t be insane
    They are not playing well
    Now aguero is injured too
    I’ll more than likely be making that transfer next Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Original plan was Digne -> Soyuncu
    That will leave me with £1.9m ITB and a Tomori Lundstram Soyuncu VVD Mings defense. The first 4 have a great run of fixtures coming.

I wanted to ditch Cantwell (for once that I finally benched him he fecking scores) and get Mount if he's fully fit. But I'd be short £0.3m.

So was thinking that maybe I'd do VVD -> Soyuncu such that I can afford the above transfer and have more cash to spend in midfield anyway. Also I have 3 def with great fixtures coming (Digne will be ditched next GW) and 'Pool don't seem to be keeping CS this year.

Yea or nay?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,562 ✭✭✭shmeee

It wouldn’t be insane
    They are not playing well
    Now aguero is injured too
    I’ll more than likely be making that transfer next Friday

Could be doing very same unless any injuries midweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Shedite27 wrote: »
    That's just a lazy cliche IMO, he uses what he has, at the moment he has a team that's better going forward than defending. He'll love the pace of Kane/Son/Alli/Moura

There’s no proof of that. He had that at United and wasn’t interested

Having watched the highlights my historic preference for Alli over son has arisen again..........if there to be any doubts whatsoever over martial or Madison by next weekend in he comes
    If not it will be a boring and safer KDB to son

Watching analysis now
    4231 Alli in the hole and going past Kane at times
    Hhmmmmmmmmm
    He was heavily involved in all 3 goals
    Fairly sure I’m going to try and be too smart

• Advertisement

Green&Red wrote: »
    There’s no proof of that. He had that at United and wasn’t interested

He didn’t
    The squad he inherited was absolutely awful . A mish mash of Moyes/LVG
    This is a good spurs squad . Well team anyway. Squad is prob a bit tho

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Son and Ayew IN for Mount and Wilson. That's what I'm currently looking at. I could also do Son, Ings and Kelly for a -4 but not sure if there's much between Ings and Ayew.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,363 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

The East Asian Cup is starting on Dec 11th, can't find any info on whether Son will be going. It seems to be a different tournament than the Asian Games he was at last year so maybe it's not that important and he won't have to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

If Aguero was out for a month or so surely Jesus is well worth a punt? 9.5 and would be nailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Ayew ?
    You are overthinking this
    If you can afford Jiminez get him
    If not then Ings or wood
    But ideally Jiminez

You are right with Ings, serious run of games, such a shame he is made of glass

If Aguero was out for a month or so surely Jesus is well worth a punt? 9.5 and would be nailed.

He is never worth a punt and he is never nailed even when aguero is out
    Vardy is same price range so that should be one striker slot gone
    And then there are 4/5 better cheaper options in form for the other 2 slots

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Did Aubameyang and Mount our for Abraham and Son last night to catch the price rise. Aubameyang has been quite the let down since transferring him in on the WC in GW8

• Registered Users Posts: 12,350 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Kept TAA in my wildcard, might just downgrade him to a Leicester defender, would then leave me with triple Leicester which is overkill. May then move Maddison onto Antonio/Moura

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

siblers wrote: »
    Kept TAA in my wildcard, might just downgrade him to a Leicester defender, would then leave me with triple Leicester which is overkill. May then move Maddison onto Antonio/Moura

Treble Leicester as a template is killing it at the moment with Chilwell/Soy delivering clean sheets and attacking returns - and then Mads & Vardy returning consistent scores up front!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭normanoffside

I've done Mount and Tielemans to Son and Maddison for a -4.

Just had enough for Tielemans to Maddison after the first move and with Maddison going up tonight it had to be today.
    I regretted getting Tielemans over Maddison in my WC 6 weeks ago (Maddison was slightly injured at the time) and even though Tielemans has done OK compared to Maddison, my eye test says Maddison will score much more heavily going forward.

Really happy with my team now.
    Cheap defence (barring Robertson), KDB, Mane, Son and Maddison in midfield and Vardy, Jimi and Tammy up front.

• Advertisement

Which of these is the best option . Sold Sterling for Son so have funds to upgrade Tielmans

Maddison
    Pulisic
    Jimenez

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    Which of these is the best option . Sold Sterling for Son so have funds to upgrade Tielmans

Maddison
    Pulisic
    Jimenez

Jiminez is a striker ?

Jiminez is a striker ?

I know he's a striker but I can upgrade Tielmans to him by getting in a cheaper midfielder and then transferring in Jimenez for my fodder striker . To sum up 352 with Maddison or Pulisic or 343 with Jimenez. I'm basically asking which of those 3 gives the best value going forward. It's a tough one. Even keeping Tielmans might be the better option . That's what the fantasy football scout said when comparing him to Maddison

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    I know he's a striker but I can upgrade Tielmans to him by getting in a cheaper midfielder and then transferring in Jimenez for my fodder striker . To sum up 352 with Maddison or Pulisic or 343 with Jimenez. I'm basically asking which of those 3 gives the best value going forward. It's a tough one. Even keeping Tielmans might be the better option . That's what the fantasy football scout said when comparing him to Maddison

Jiminez

• Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

iroced wrote: »
    Original plan was Digne -> Soyuncu
    That will leave me with £1.9m ITB and a Tomori Lundstram Soyuncu VVD Mings defense. The first 4 have a great run of fixtures coming.

I wanted to ditch Cantwell (for once that I finally benched him he fecking scores) and get Mount if he's fully fit. But I'd be short £0.3m.

So was thinking that maybe I'd do VVD -> Soyuncu such that I can afford the above transfer and have more cash to spend in midfield anyway. Also I have 3 def with great fixtures coming (Digne will be ditched next GW) and 'Pool don't seem to be keeping CS this year.

Yea or nay?
    Can you afford them by ditching Digne insead of VVD for Soyuncu? Digne has a horrible run coming up (Leicester, Liverpool, Chelsea, United, Aresenal next 5), whereas Liverpool have a lovely run (Brighton, Everton, Watford home, and Bournemouth away in next 4).

So who to sacrifice to get Son...KDB or Mount? City aren't playing well and their next 5 don't look easy. Mount has had his rest and Chelsea look good. Selling KDB would leave me with no City but would allow me to keep funds aside for a move for Kane if he starts to look like a good option again.

So who to sacrifice to get Son...KDB or Mount? City aren't playing well and their next 5 don't look easy. Mount has had his rest and Chelsea look good. Selling KDB would leave me with no City but would allow me to keep funds aside for a move for Kane if he starts to look like a good option again.

Also selling KDB could allows a potential Son Alli double up. Alli looked really good in the highlights and could be a huge differential. Think I've made up my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Torn as to what move to make,the only obvious one is Sterling out for Son.
    I'm happy with my overall team but so much tied up in Sterling and his returns haven't been up to the standard of last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Treble Leicester as a template is killing it at the moment with Chilwell/Soy delivering clean sheets and attacking returns - and then Mads & Vardy returning consistent scores up front!!

I'd have 4 leicester if I could. Would love a 2nd defender of theirs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Was Mount rested or dropped?

Advertisement