Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S21 range launch january 14th.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

PTH2009 wrote: »
    anyone buy the super fast charger ?

I just got this one from amazon
    came within a few days, and does the super fast charging.

Cyrus wrote: »
    hi folks my ipone 11 pro max is due a change up, thinking of the s21 ultra, i see them on adverts for circa 1k, anything to consider here, are there variants better than others (chipset?)

The exynos snapdragon divide has narrowed considerably, so much so that its not an issue i believe this generation.
    Size wise i would go fo the 256 over the 128 storage, as it was only an extra 50 i believe? Most would have gone for that due in part to the removal of he microsd slot.
    If you go for the 512 it does have more ram, but i would think that would prove harder to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I got this super fast charger today. It shows 1 hour 11 min to charge fully from 3% for my S21 plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,898 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I got this super fast charger today. It shows 1 hour 11 min to charge fully from 3% for my S21 plus.

That's very good

What way would it work in regards Wireless charging ? is there a unique super fast wireless charger

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Irish94

[General question to all]

After using this phone for a few weeks since its release, would you recommend it? What are its pros and cons in your view?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭quartz1

Had my Buds Pro and Samsung tag delivered today .

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭quartz1

Irish94 wrote: »
    [General question to all]

After using this phone for a few weeks since its release, would you recommend it? What are its pros and cons in your view?

I like the phone . Best pro from me is the Battery . It's lasts longer and charges much faster with a superfast charger. No major con but it's not hugely different from the 10 plus to me except the camera is obviously better.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

Can anyone recommend a screen protector or does the pre installed on suffice. Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Can anyone recommend a screen protector or does the pre installed on suffice. Thanks in advance

My pre-installed one already had a tiny tear in it so took it off, it is a very thin flimsy protector, I personally didn't replace with another screen protector but I do use a heavy duty case

I bought this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08PYRXVBW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and installed it the other day, quite happy with it so far,
    The installation is easy, comes with a little mounting tool to help.
    I use it with this clear case https://www.zagg.com/en_eu/crystal-palace-galaxy-s21-ultra-5g

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    ugly as sin alright, but i can think of one use, if it was a bit smaller.
    In car charging? Especially for shared vehicles with company phones?
    Saying that, easier to just wipe your phone regularly, but could be handy.
    Kinda looks like a fleshlight...just saying...

1hr 8mins from empty on my ultra from 0%

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Very decent charging time.
    phill106 wrote: »
    1hr 8mins from empty on my ultra from 0%

Are there any Wireless super fast charging pads available ?

Thinking of getting a super fast charging plug, might as well get the best available for my phone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Im using my Macbook pro charger, charges my Ultra up in just over an hour, ill give the exact time it will take in a while as am charging it as I type.

1hr...72% charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

The super high speed charging does the battery in, imho you are better off with an old skool normal fast charger, it still charges fast and fecks your battery much less.

Just under 1 3/4 hrs with the Macbook charger

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭feargantae

For anyone considering any of the S21 series the current offer is a €170 prepaid Mastercard. Same ts&cs as the other promotions the rest of us availed of and majority of retailers in Éire are eligible be it with PAYG/Billpay or outright.

Pretty sweet deal

• Registered Users Posts: 7,989 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Can anyone tell me does the S21 Ultra come with a pre-installed screen protector? I'm finding conflicting info online. My Note 10+ came with one and it's been great. I'm not into the whole spending 50+ euro on premium glass protectors

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭jones

Can anyone tell me does the S21 Ultra come with a pre-installed screen protector? I'm finding conflicting info online. My Note 10+ came with one and it's been great. I'm not into the whole spending 50+ euro on premium glass protectors

It does if you buy it direct from Samsung but if you get it through other shops it is a bit more hit and miss. Thats what i have seen anecdotally from my own phone purchases through the years

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

Mine did but it is very basic. I replaced it with a hybrid screen protector from Mous

Big camera and security update today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Any ideas of a good cover. I have the otterbox commuter but i thing because of the size i find it a tad slippy

Mous limitless is class had it on the last two phones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

corkgsxr wrote: »
    Any ideas of a good cover. I have the otterbox commuter but i thing because of the size i find it a tad slippy

I bought a Spigen liquid air, I had one from day one with my S9 and it did a great job, despite a few falls onto tiles etc. the phone still is like new (or as much as a phone can after three years!)

jones wrote: »
    Big camera and security update today

What network are you on ?

Im on Three and no new update as of yet

PTH2009 wrote:
    What network are you on ?

Sorry should have said unlocked from Samsung. It's over a gig in size

S21 Ultra updated on Eir, major update it seems, 1.1gb, April security patch also, happy days.

• Advertisement

bogman wrote: »
    S21 Ultra updated on Eir, major update it seems, 1.1gb, April security patch also, happy days.
    jones wrote: »
    Sorry should have said unlocked from Samsung. It's over a gig in size

Cool ,id say Three should have that update by the end of the week

Battery life on my S21 Ultra is mediocre at best, get about 10 hours usage before its gets to 10-15%

Edit- Got the update just there, you have to go into your settings and search for it, it should appear

Advertisement