Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,467 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Thanks to a poster on a Feedback thread I now know how to quote a post from one thread into another on mobile. It's the little things! 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 24,856 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Decided to bite the bullet and get a PS5, I live a 15 minute or so drive from an Argos but their website is acting funky all day… ie. giving erroneous or no stock info…when you click on the product…. Tried once more and it’s now showing…5 in stock, ha, so no hunting, driving around or putting in miles on the motorway…..superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭sporina

not trivial - but is there a non trivial happy thread? anyway - was off today - such a great day had.. quality time spent with loved ones.. weather was rank but my heart is warm.. zzz

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My nearly 5 year old nephew telling me on Sunday I'm his BFF 😂😄 I feel honored 😄.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Out of money early this week, several small cost amounts have piled up since Sunday, spent a long time trying to figure out how to meet these costs without going into overdraft.

Got bogged down in my course and a small drama I'm having with local Tesco, sitting at my desk and I spot what looks like a 50 in one of my miscellaneous boxes, tada! 55€ in the box free to spend.

THHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I love that @Sephiroth_dude nothing beats seeing a little face light up when the decreed favourite auntie or uncle arrives. And even as they get older, you still have that great relationship with then, in my experience.

My TH, the first cuppa of the day ☕️ always the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

When you are having a really nice buffet breakfast in a hotel and they have a conveyor belt toaster.

(Someone complaining about expensive toast on the other channel reminded me of this, I am not currently in a hotel having breakfast)

Having a cup of tea and not giving a **** about anything. It's liberating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Sitting in an office on my own at 7:00 trying to catch up on an endless pile of work but I am TH

After probably 5 year break I rediscovered Bon Jovi on Spotify and I’m bobbing along to the music while doing accounts. And if anyone sees me I don’t care ha !

No matter if you are 17 or 70 Bon Jovi can be for you. Is for all ages

Living with the Ghost is my song 🎶 of the day :-)

In the past not so many years we've had personal computers, Internet, smart phones, social media, virtual reality ...

And just when you think things might calm down, AI starts kicking off. ChatGPT etc is incredibly impressive and scary at the same time. This really is where everything changes again.

This was all science fiction 40 years ago.

And people just take it for granted and still refer to "computers" as if it was the 1980s, and kids think this stuff is normal or easy.

• Advertisement

fri eve - hmm.. worked hard this week.. tired but content.. got hair done this eve.. chilling now after a nice dinner made by OH.. off home to where I am from tomorrow to meet up with family and friends.. ordinary but extraordinary

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭Archeron

I heard (but didn't see) the first ice cream van of the year around the town today.

Had a David Attenborough voice in my head saying "and as just one cornetto sounds around the forest, it signifies a time of new life, new growth, and new hope"

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Goodigal

My moody teen admitted he'd had a great time out walking along the canal in Kildare today. He never says anything positive so that is my TH 😃

Post edited by Goodigal on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,047 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I have a colleague who has a particular opinion on women in general and in particular those circa my age,

We all know the type, uses the obvious and unimaginative labels to belittle, this am he smiled at me and I've seen him out of the corner of my eye looking in askance at me and colleagues of the same calibre.

Coming back into the office a while ago I over heard him refing the kerry babies case and asking ppl too young to remember, how women could be treated like that by so many ppl.

Th that at least one young man is learning about female history in Ireland, curious to see if it impacts his treatment of women from now on.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Managed to lock myself out of my online banking this morning. (TA)

Picked up phone wearily expecting it to be a lot of palaver to sort but it was actually reasonably quick. Sorted! TH.

When the law is actually implemented in this country against people who are willfully ignorant of it.

When you get cholesterol levels checked and they are ok and you have a cup of tea and bar of chocolate to celebrate ! 😁

LAUGHTER! was back home (home) for the weekend and had some real belly laughs.. so good for the heart and soul..

PS trying to stick to the THs

• Registered Users Posts: 24,856 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Watching Evan Ferguson play for Ireland against France…. Knew his dad Barry growing up, who himself represented Ireland at underage level and won plenty under Brian Kerr and would have surly been capped too at senior had it not been for injury putting paid to his professional career before it took off, but I’m sure he’s looking on thrilled his son is benefiting from a better run of luck and being linked with all the big guns in England and more importantly, being a full ireland international and professional footballer, great to see...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,483 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I wouldn’t have believed it , but I actually watched an episode of Friends that I hadn’t seen before .

choir practice tonight - twas extra special - feel happier mentally, emotionally, spiritually and socially... no exaggeration.. smiling here inside and out as I type this..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,047 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Are you sure it's not your memory playing up? 😁

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 12,150 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Tubes of toothpaste make me th 🙊

Take my current one for example.

I had written it off about 2 weeks ago, seemingly depleted,dead and buried.

But here it is every day still, pulling it out of the bag and producing paste from only God knows where.

When will it end? Who knows!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,467 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

This post made me TH! 😂😂

You should post regular updates.

Day 157: The small but mighty toothpaste tube on its last legs but ready for duty while it's replacement, a much larger, more youthful and nubile specimen awaits patiently as yet again the changing of the guard is postponed.

Yeah. Singing in a group is a wonderful thing.

That I got into my car just ahead of an absolute downpour. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 13,483 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

No , i can honestly say its an episode I’ve never seen . I’m shocked !!

• Advertisement

You must have been on a break when it aired 🥴

Advertisement