Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭JCormac

Am I right in thinking that last sittings Institutional question was on both Democratic deficit as well as Lisbon changes. Head is melted

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭JCormac

Also, these two sittings have seemed particularly soul-destroying/draining compared to other sittings :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

JCormac wrote: »
    Also, these two sittings have seemed particularly soul-destroying/draining compared to other sittings :pac:

I'm freaking out cos it's potentially my last FE1 and I could be going to Blackhall in September!

Too much pressure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Good luck to every one
    Happiest days of your lives actually

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

If anyone has any property, equity or contract grids that would be so helpful!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 keelfe1s

Does anyone know if there is a clock in exam hall??

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Lawgrad101

keelfe1s wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is a clock in exam hall??

Yeah there is

Lawgrad101 wrote: »
    Yeah there is

Don’t know where you are but the one is rochestown Park is cork was very hard to see

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭DFMCD190384

lawgrad49 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat, all topics above and going to look at Equality now.

I tried to have a look at Art 101/102 today and just know I wouldn't remember all the case law in time!

Has anyone anything on equality I could rob? Please.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭DUMSURFER

DUMSURFER wrote: »
    Does anyone have 'Free Movement of Workers' notes for EU that I could beg for?

Can send any and all other notes, sample answers etc to the unbelievably kind people who help out!

Anyone? Please :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 FE1Taker

Anyone? Please :(

I have them packed in with other fundamental freedoms and on their own if that's any use? I'll swap you for free movements of goods? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 musicmanual123

Is there anywhere in RDS to leave a bag, notes or even wallet phone? Not sure what can bring if there’s no cloakroom :(

Is there anywhere in RDS to leave a bag, notes or even wallet phone? Not sure what can bring if there’s no cloakroom :(

In tort some people left their bags and their things to the side of the hall by the door. There's so much space so it should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭HappyKitten62

Does anyone know when results are out?

Am completely overanalysing tort now!! Thinking I had 3 decent qs and 2 rough ones. Fingers crossed.

Good luck to the EU people - he’s a lovely marker

• Registered Users Posts: 33 LJones18

Which section of Competition law is more likely to come up this year?

Hey, I've sent you two messages?

Also still looking for FMOW notes :(

I didn't get any messages but I sent you one. Did you get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Fe1andDone

Does anyone know exactly what the general principles question was on the March 2020 paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Fedone

Fe1andDone wrote: »
    Does anyone know exactly what the general principles question was on the March 2020 paper?

What are the general principles of EU law and, using examples from the case law of the Court if Justice, discuss how they are used by the Court of Justice to protect individuals and to ensure that the EU institutions and the member states when implementing EU law, act in accordance with the rule of law?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Fe1andDone

Fedone wrote: »
    What are the general principles of EU law and, using examples from the case law of the Court if Justice, discuss how they are used by the Court of Justice to protect individuals and to ensure that the EU institutions and the member states when implementing EU law, act in accordance with the rule of law?

Thanks! Was wondering if I should have a last minute look over that section but that's a pretty comprehensive question so I doubt we'd be seeing it tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Can anyone give me reassurance about tort? What’s he like as a marker? Please tell me he’s nice.

Can anyone give me reassurance about tort? What’s he like as a marker? Please tell me he’s nice.

When I did Tort before and failed it I had two average at best questions, 1 poor question and 2 absolutely terrible questions. I just made an absolute mess of it, and still somehow got 45% I think.

So yeah, I'd say he is a nice marker lol

When I did Tort before and failed it I had two average at best questions, 1 poor question and 2 absolutely terrible questions. I just made an absolute mess of it, and still somehow got 45% I think.

So yeah, I'd say he is a nice marker lol

Thank you so much! When you say absolutely terrible, do you mean wrong topic; not enough case law etc? Cuz I got the right topics and had plenty of law but my application wasn’t great.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Hamerzan Sickles

I'm not one for post-analysis so I won't be looking at this thread tomorrow but just wanted to say thanks for all the help, it was a pleasure posting with some familiar usernames and some new ones this time around. Hopefully we will all be one stop closer to finishing these now! Good luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ihatethesea

Any other poor soul up? How are we feeling!? Good luck everyone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭EmmaO94

Best of luck today everyone!! Fingers crossed for a nice paper

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Legaleagle37

Best of luck with EU guys! Let us know how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭EmmaO94

What's the verdict guys?

A couple of small tweaks with my study would've got me over the line I think (wish I'd studied for that competition essay!) Think I might be scraping to get the 50, but sure will have to wait and see! Lack of an insitutions q also did me dirty

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Healyjhow

Was q3 MEQRS article 34/36? ... I think judicial review question/directive and q3 were nice.... I feel my fundamental rights and competition law question may let me down ...

• Advertisement

My Fundamental Rights Q and Judicial review Q were solid. Direct effect Q was decent. Then my citizenship and Art 30/100 Qs were poor tbh. But it might be enough to get me over the line!

Tough paper I thought. Also sickened I didn’t learn Art 101/102, looked like a lovely Q if you knew it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement