Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Easter Egg Deals

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭djdunny

Loads of small cadburys (Crunchie & Crème egg) in Dunnes Jetland (Limerick) reduced to 99c

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

The ones that were 5 for a fiver at one point?

Dunnes in Connelscourt were running low just before. M&S Dundrum out of eggs completely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Was in Aldi and Dunnes earlier in the forlorn hope of getting 3 for 3, not a thing in either of them except for the 20 euro eggs in Dunnes.

Out of interest what day in general do you have to get them in the run up to Easter Sunday to be certain of stock? Would there have been any left yesterday or were they sold out then too? Probably guessing you'd have to get them Wednesday to be sure of getting anything? Will plan better next year....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I think it really depends on what you're looking for.

We get the lindt bunny eggs for the kids, usually the one in the hutch or if we can get the set with the chocolate carrots and lambs (only managed that once) ....this range never really comes down in price so I'd be buying them a few weeks in advance.

I was in Tesco clarehall (which is a good size Tesco) on Saturday the 9th....I didn't notice any of the medium eggs left, they had a good range of the large ones, I think the large ones were on offer and extra large. A good section of floor space was given over to eggs shelves and pallets.

Dunnes on Friday and only had 8 of the 3 foot shelves, so what 24 foot of eggs left , they were the large expensive eggs.

If you want a particular egg I would definitely have it bought 1-2 weeks before Easter.

The offers tend to be medium eggs 1Euro, large eggs 2 for 8 or 3 for 9 euro. ....the extra large only get a couple of euro knocked off, or else maybe 2 for 20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Thanks Princess. I was only after 3 of the small 99c ones just as a treat.I did get 3 a couple of weekends ago but of course they were scoffed in no time. But it sounds like I need to be a bit more organised rather than meandering to a supermarket at 5pm on Easter Saturday hoping to see stocks.

I dont really buy chocolate anymore since it ballooned in price in the shops. Once it hit 1.50 for a regular bar that was me out, think its 1.90 in my local shop now and it keeps going up. So it is nice to get some at Easter time and Xmas when there are actually some good deals about. Will definitely be a bit more organised next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭appledrop

Our Easter bunny will be bringing one but have already explained to 5 year old that just in case we won't be eating the chocolate, just keeping the toy.

The Easter Bunny will leave another chocolate egg instead. He is grand with that, it's the toy he mainly likes it for anyway.

I don't fancy spending rest of Easter Holidays in A&E even though as you said they are not part of recall, I wouldnt trust them.

Not a single egg left in our local Dunnes Stores, even the expensive ones were gone.

Sometimes your local shop might have eggs left after Easter on sale because they are never able to compete with supermarket prices, so people don't buy them as quick so sometimes some are left over.

Although this year the supermarket ones seemed to sell very quick so people may indeed have paid extra in local shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Yeah that's what myself and hubbie just decided too. I think the kids will be fine with it, they'll have a few other eggs to eat.

Great minds think alike!

Hasn't being an issue at all in our house.

Kinder egg in bin, scoffing the butlers Easter Bunny instead that Easter bunny also brought.

Very expensive tastes for a 5 year old😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Some of the favorina easter range 50% off in LIDL this morning - mini eggs, bunnies, chocolate lollies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,017 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Lidl have a "guaranteed low price" on easter eggs. Six weeks to go

Tesco...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

They're seriously miserable, 98g I believe. No great offer on the larger eggs, Tesco were €4 and Dunnes 2 of the same for €8 so with their poxy voucher system that works out at €3.20 ea

The price of the commodity cocoa has gone mad this month and broke the record which has stood for over 40 years since the 1970s. The price of chocolate could get a whole lot more expensive in future, has been amazingly cheap for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,483 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Hoping they drop down closer to Easter, these were €10 last year:

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,017 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Cocoa has almost tripled in price since 2020

Sugar has doubled since 2020

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭CH3OH

The "large" really medium eggs are € 2.50 in Tesco

Most of the ones that are around 190g

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭dasa29

Offer on the large eggs, in Tesco were €5 now €2.50 with club card valid from 21/02/24 till 05/03/24 with 25 of the 31 large Eggs included

1kg for €15....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Buffman

Small ones gone up from €1 each to '3 for €4' in Tesco now.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles or cartons to avoid the DRS fee.

The large (medium in old money) eggs are half price in Dunnes, I think the offer is up tomorrow, just a flash deal type of thing.

By weight I think the eggs for a euro work out better value but they look pitiful....plus with Dunnes vouchers it brings price down further. (This is me justifying not getting off my arse to get Tesco deal 😂)

• Advertisement

For anyone looking to get a lot of eggs in Tesco

There is a click and collect coupon that can be used

I have used Click and collect before but coupon worked

20 eggs for €40

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭dasa29

The Dunne's deal is on till 26/02/24 while the Tesco deal is valid till 05/03/24 not sure on when LIDL's deal ends also the deals depend on stock.

The large eggs in Dunne's are €3 were €6(each) and in Tesco are €2.50 were €5(each), LIDL 2 for €5 from €3.99(each)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

lidl mix and match on medium eggs 3 for €4 or the large eggs 2 for €5

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,537 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Super Valu Flash Deal

Just an FYI .It says on website max 10 per real rewards card.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭yogibear77

Edit: Apologies didn't realise this was 2 years old

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭mankteln

Haha actually got her one for this year, would you believe she's pregnant with our second and has GD again but she'll be able to have it after Easter once the baby is out

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭yogibear77

Congratulations!!! She will enjoy it even more

XL "Incredible" eggs down to Clubcard €8 in my local Tesco, flying off the shelves! Got one of the Celebrations ones for testing purposes ahem

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭EarWig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,265 ✭✭✭batistuta9

The small ones look to be best bang for buck on kg

The Kitkat one is 512g, the Celebrations one is 490g, tell me where you can get these eggs cheaper?, then I agree with you. Also, there are better ways to value chocolate than by greatest weight per euro!...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

They are £3.50 in Tesco UK. I know there are price differences but that is ridiculous!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Yes, definitely plus if you are giving a gift a big one looks a lot better than "here are 5 teeny ones as it was better value per kg of chocolate"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Not sure which ones you are talking about, since the previous posts were ~450-500g. The "incredible" 470g smarties egg is £12 in tesco uk, and €8 here with a clubcard, €18 without.

In the UK the "XL" ones for £3.50 in tesco are about 240g and €10 here with a clubcard.

Yes, you're right.

Of course you're right.

My problem is that I feel like I must have fallen into a coma for years, and suddenly woken up to find an Easter like that for €8.

It's my problem, no doubt.

XL Cadburys Eggs €8 with Tesco Clubbard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,035 ✭✭✭✭Basq

5 for €5 on eggs today and tomorrow in Centra (presume nationwide).

Anywhere have Kinder eggs on offer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭amber2

Haven’t seen any offers but saw them in Aldi for €13 were the same price in Tesco reduced from €15 with club card but were out of stock in my local.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Fabio

Small Nestle and Cadbury eggs are 0.99c each in Aldi.

My local Aldi had very little of their own "Specially Selected" eggs left.

Noticing a lot of unsold stock. Or is this often a last minute purchase?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

There will be nothing left by Easter Sunday same as the last few years I remember getting the reduced ones after Easter years ago

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Lir Chocolates are doing 60% off some of their eggs, their chocolate is decent stuff so worth buying.

Just ordered a half dozen mix of 225g eggs (add code LIR20 for extra 20% off) and including delivery it came to 26.39.

The discount is for first time buyers but if you previously bought from them just use a different phone number than your usual one when ordering.

https://ctrk.klclick2.com/l/01HSKRJBN35P9DWN7YE41Z0CGS_0

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Doge

Thanks a lot for this! That's my fancy easter egg craving sorted for this year.

Shipping only comes to 4.49 too. Not sure if it increases on bigger orders.

• Advertisement

How fast is delivery do you know?

What's the rules around import and taxes does anyone know off hand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Nice one , just bought 10 eggs for €41.60 delivered. Free delivery over €40

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Last order I bought from them delivery was 3 days from when I placed the order but you can contact customer care beforehand to check if you'll have them in time for Easter.

They're an Irish company so there's no import hassle or extra taxes.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Oh it popped up "distributed from UK you're liable for your own import and taxes" , I didn't even twig the Irish connection, which shows what level of stupid I was on!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 foxhunter2024

They’re just eggs now, calling them Easter eggs is offensive to some.

• Advertisement
Advertisement