Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who'd live in a house like this? Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

The "No racist" sets off alarm bells, I mean who requests that ?

From the ad:
    And you will live triple room in single bed with 2 nice girls(Korean, Croatia)
    and as a house mate, aother room(2 malawi girls)
    I could imagine one or more of them have had a bad experience or two. Most people are decent here, but all it takes it one scumbag shouting abuse to make it something they think about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

https://www.daft.ie/dublin/studio-apartments-for-rent/lucan/2-liffey-road-lucan-dublin-1879947/

This Studio Apartment comes with a handy little box of kitchen utensils :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Pretzill wrote: »
    https://www.daft.ie/dublin/studio-apartments-for-rent/lucan/2-liffey-road-lucan-dublin-1879947/

This Studio Apartment comes with a handy little box of kitchen utensils :confused:

and a sockless set of toes...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

plus one foldable crying chair.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Kamili wrote: »

lol- I missed that first time round

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

Do you climb over the bed to get in or do you squeeze behind the wardrobe?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

engiweirdo wrote: »
    Grandma and Granpa's pension is ****e so they supplement it by charging some poor baxtard €750 a month to live in their shed. Yep still smells like rotten greed. Also Hrandma and Grandpa in that situation could likely live very comfortably by selling up the large house in Dublin and downsizing.

I doubt however this is what this is. Looks more like "Gregory" needs more cash to fund the kids ski trips.

That's appears to be the going rate for rent a room / digs type student accommodation in that area or are you from your comnents implying that anyone who owns property is an evil 'capitalist' or something :confused:

The price appears to be within the median range of student type accommodation for Dublin tbh. And what if Grandpa and Grandma or their children did their house up including the annex to sell so that they could "affford" to move into an old people's home? Who are you to judge their circumstances?

You do know that the working classes have to pay through the nose for these services and get nothing for free yeah? The point is we have no idea of the financial background of the people renting the annex out. Plus student demand for accommodation in that area is fairly good afaik. It also appears to be of a decent standard- central heating and ensuite bathroom.

Yeah anyone who ever owned their own house and rented a room out is a capitalist and 'greedy' sure ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭engiweirdo

gozunda wrote: »
    Grandma and Granpa's pension is ****e so they supplement it by charging some poor baxtard €750 a month to live in their shed. Yep still smells like rotten greed. Also Hrandma and Grandpa in that situation could likely live very comfortably by selling up the large house in Dublin and downsizing.

I doubt however this is what this is. Looks more like "Gregory" needs more cash to fund the kids ski trips.

That's appears to be the going rate for rent a room / digs type student accommodation in that area or are you from your comnents implying that anyone who owns property is an evil 'capitalist' or something :confused:

The price appears to be within the median range of student type accommodation for Dublin tbh. And what if Grandpa and Grandma or their children did their house up including the annex to sell so that they could "affford" to move into an old people's home? Who are you to judge their circumstances?

You do know that the working classes have to pay through the nose for these services and get nothing for free yeah? The point is we have no idea of the financial background of the people renting the annex out. Plus student demand for accommodation in that area is fairly good afaik. It also appears to be of a decent standard- central heating and ensuite bathroom.

Yeah anyone who ever owned their own house is a capitalist snd 'greedy' sure ...
    You can charge a fair price considering size and quality of facilities. Defaulting to "market rate" when what you offer is clearly sub-par is greed pure and simple. Doesnt matter a jot who owns it. It's only just above what some would keep their dogs in and they see no issue with charging extortionate money for the privilige of staying there. Greed. And only a similarly greedy ****e would even consider defending it.

Mod-Banned

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

You can charge a fair price considering size and quality of facilities. Defaulting to "market rate" when what you offer is clearly sub-par is greed pure and simple. Doesnt matter a jot who owns it. It's only just above what some would keep their dogs in and they see no issue with charging extortionate money for the privilige of staying there. Greed. And only a similarly greedy ****e would even consider defending it.
    Not sure where I stand on this, but at that price it's significantly under market rate in a very expensive area right beside UCD. I know students who are paying similar to share a place. Thankfully, the university is building a lot of units, which will help, though the NIMBYs managed to knock a good number of units off the total because they didn't want flats across the road (source).

Well la-de-la! the property looks modern, well presented on-suite and has central heating. Imo many students would be ok with this type of property.

I don't know how some house their dogs but it must be the Shelbourne or somewhere. Most ordinary working people live in the real world. As was pointed out the price is about median for that type of student accommodation in Dublin. Yeah capitalist pigs for sure! Whose organising the march lol?

• Advertisement

Kamili wrote: »

I didn't see them, now I can't unsee :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

One step above a prison cell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Pyr0 wrote: »

Conveniently it's very near one.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Pyr0 wrote: »

They get bigger and nicer cells than that on Death Row in the US.

A whole 'haunted' house in time for Halloween?

Banada Abbey, Tourlestrane, Co. Sligo

https://www.property.ie/property-for-sale/Tourlestrane-Sligo-Tourlestrane-Co-Sligo/1938456/

https://www.property.ie/property-for-sale/Tourlestrane-Sligo-Tourlestrane-Co-Sligo/1938456/#img=20
    Upcoming Halloween event is the annual 'Banada Banshee Bash'
    The Haunted House Experience 

Nothing like btrashing a place before selling :eek:

A whole 'haunted' house in time for Halloween?

Banada Abbey, Tourlestrane, Co. Sligo

Nothing like btrashing a place before selling :eek:

I'd buy. I like the outbuildings and the grounds. Those old black and white photos look a bit unsettling though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

I'd buy. I like the outbuildings and the grounds. Those old black and white photos look a bit unsettling though.

I like it too. The thing that worries me is that the trees are ready to be harvested in 2 years. Sounds like there is a contract in place.
    The place will look pretty bleak without the trees.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I like it too. The thing that worries me is that the trees are ready to be harvested in 2 years. Sounds like there is a contract in place.
    The place will look pretty bleak without the trees.

I'd imagine that whoever buys the place gets the trees. Why else would they promote the fact that the returns are 'tax free' for the investor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

Christ imagine paying 850 for a dump like that in ****ing Lucan of all places.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Saw this on twitter this morning. Whatever about getting to share a room this tiny with one of your mates....

https://twitter.com/KennyAKE/status/1055728584977981440

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭ShaneC93

This studio in Cabra for €1,100!! a month has to have one of the most compact kitchens I've ever seen.. They've actually followed the draining board requirement while then ignoring practically all other rental regulations.

YWYzNTM2ZjEwOGIwMzI2MDk2NWM2MjRjZmE4MTE3MTF4VgU2YKmH77vW6-UwAjITaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL21lZGlhbWFzdGVyLXMzZXUvOC9jLzhjZGI4YmVlZGQ0ZThjMDdkZTExMzBjZDZkOWNhODEzLmpwZ3x8fDcwMGx8fHx8fHx8.jpg

NjdlOTVhYTgzMjQ0NTBkYWIwOTk5YTUwOTU1OGI3OTaUBtKaGVFq2YYnhaZt6Tx_aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL21lZGlhbWFzdGVyLXMzZXUvNi84LzY4OTQ2ZTk4MzA2OTcxODhiNGFkMGU5ZGI2YjQwOTZmLmpwZ3x8fDcwMGx8fHx8fHx8.jpg

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

^^
    Looks like they ripped that out of a camper van or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭engiweirdo

ShaneC93 wrote: »
    This studio in Cabra for €1,100!! a month has to have one of the most compact kitchens I've ever seen.. They've actually followed the draining board requirement while then ignoring practically all other rental regulations.

YWYzNTM2ZjEwOGIwMzI2MDk2NWM2MjRjZmE4MTE3MTF4VgU2YKmH77vW6-UwAjITaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL21lZGlhbWFzdGVyLXMzZXUvOC9jLzhjZGI4YmVlZGQ0ZThjMDdkZTExMzBjZDZkOWNhODEzLmpwZ3x8fDcwMGx8fHx8fHx8.jpg

NjdlOTVhYTgzMjQ0NTBkYWIwOTk5YTUwOTU1OGI3OTaUBtKaGVFq2YYnhaZt6Tx_aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL21lZGlhbWFzdGVyLXMzZXUvNi84LzY4OTQ2ZTk4MzA2OTcxODhiNGFkMGU5ZGI2YjQwOTZmLmpwZ3x8fDcwMGx8fHx8fHx8.jpg
    It's a fair market price in an upmarket area etc. Even poor landlords have to earn a crust.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

At least it's clean and bright but jesus H €1100 a month, no way. .

ShaneC93 wrote: »

Something very odd about that listing. Follow the link and it shows 5 photos although 29 are detailed on the main image

It also shows two near identical bathroom photos and another kitchen area?

68ef79bdac785760904a83f9f5ccad917f33930d.jpg

The property also appears to have gone up and down by €30 on the same day ....

Cabra would not be considered a great area imo

Edit:

Additional images and description to be found on
    https://www.property.ie/property-to-let/7-Old-Cabra-Road-Dublin-7/1879211/

Looks like the bigger kitchen / seating area may be part of a "additional open living room".

For all intents and purposes the fit out looks like multiple old style bedsits.

This is the house when sold. Definitely not salubrious ...

https://m.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/7-old-cabra-rd-cabra-dublin-7/3972035

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭loriexxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Something very odd about that listing. Follow the link and it shows 5 photos although 29 are detailed on the main image

It also shows two near identical bathroom photos and another kitchen area?

68ef79bdac785760904a83f9f5ccad917f33930d.jpg

The property also appears to have gone up and down by €30 on the same day ....

Cabra would not be considered a great area imo

Edit:

Additional images and description to be found on
    https://www.property.ie/property-to-let/7-Old-Cabra-Road-Dublin-7/1879211/

Looks like the bigger kitchen / seating area may be part of a "additional open living room".

For all intents and purposes the fit out looks like multiple old style bedsits.

Where is the Washing Machine you are supposed to have?

The amount of flies on the fly catcher in picture 18 is unreal. Has something died in that house?

• Advertisement

The amount of flies on the fly catcher in picture 18 is unreal. Has something died in that house?
    Probably been up there a long time

Advertisement