Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who decides what the kids get for christmas?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

They always get socks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

biko wrote: »
    They always get socks.

I wish I got socks :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

They make a list of stuff they want and Santa picks a few things from the list

They'd usually get surprise stuff as well though that you pick yourself but it'd dead cert stuff you know they like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

--LOS-- wrote: »
    I think if you don't get the kids some of what they want (once its a reasonable request and within your means) then wtf is the point?
    A surprise in addition to some stuff they want gives them an extra thrill on Christmas morning I guess - that is, if you know it's something they'd like. I remember my mother picked out a surprise for me of a Sindy living-room set that I hadn't asked for, and it was my favourite present that year. Same with someone who posted earlier about getting Lego Mindstorm.
    When did Christmas change from a religious festival to must buy iPhone 6 and all that ? It's beyond a joke these days.
    Getting presents for Christmas? Oh that's been around for decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Santa is going to regret threatening kids with a bag of coal... I'd be glad of a bag this year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

My five year old santa on Thursday that we wanted a bird that could talk and a small cage for him to sleep at night. Its the first we heard of this and was not written on his santa letter so naturally he won't be getting it but come Christmas morning, they get so excited they forgot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

cassid wrote: »
    My five year old santa on Thursday that we wanted a bird that could talk and a small cage for him to sleep at night. Its the first we heard of this and was not written on his santa letter so naturally he won't be getting it but come Christmas morning, they get so excited they forgot.

Is that the digi bird? It's only €12ish from smyths . Or did s/he mean a real bird?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

Was wrapping the gifts the done thing at most places? I asked Santa one year if he'd wrap my gifts one year, he said he would but I only mentioned it to my parents on Christmas Eve; I still get grief over it for being so awkward. Because it was the only wrapping paper in the house and we needed some for my cousins' that evening, my parents wouldn't let me tear it open either; they removed it from the gifts for me really carefully so they could reuse it. I was only about 5 or 6 but the whole thing was really suspicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

That's funny re the wrapping. Santa does not wrap here and that's not changing.
    My 7 year old son was asking why santa did not wrap his presents and I sais that santa might have to give him less if he had to wrap them . Son seemed happy to continue getting his unwrapped gifts in the giant gift sack.
    I hate wrapping

Advertisement