Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Any thoughts on Ryanair

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

It's a buy now, results were priced in, gone positive now

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭beaner92

You need to think like a floor trader to succeed in this game. Purely because of the emotional reaction to the "10e Floor" everyone here seems to love so much.

Watch how traders with real capital plough though 10 to hunt your stops and squeeze you out to liquidation or margin call.... Before you buy stop and think. You never want to buy when the herd is buying....I personally will look for shorts.

All these brokers sell your position to larger traders.... and they see your stops and your entries.... on all trades someone has to lose...That 5000k worth of stock you just bought at 10 will you have the stones to hold it at 6/7 when your 5k is down 30%...

You will not see a rally till true capitulation sets in..

beaner92 wrote: »
    You need to think like a floor trader to succeed in this game. Purely because of the emotional reaction to the "10e Floor" everyone here seems to love so much.

Watch how traders with real capital plough though 10 to hunt your stops and squeeze you out to liquidation or margin call.... Before you buy stop and think. You never want to buy when the herd is buying....I personally will look for shorts.

All these brokers sell your position to larger traders.... and they see your stops and your entries.... on all trades someone has to lose...That 5000k worth of stock you just bought at 10 will you have the stones to hold it at 6/7 when your 5k is down 30%...

You will not see a rally till true capitulation sets in..

This isn't general electric collapse, we had a few profit warnings and union strife but its a cash generating machine and PE is low for a company with this level of growth, it might take six months before it goes anywhere but we aren't going back to seven euro

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭beaner92

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    This isn't general electric collapse, we had a few profit warnings and union strife but its a cash generating machine and PE is low for a company with this level of growth, it might take six months before it goes anywhere but we aren't going back to seven euro

https://www.tradingview.com/x/NfoeFfUW/

Until you see capitulation like this highlighted in the blue box(basically a 2e range for 4 months). At this moment I do not expect a reversal. I will watch this for shorts only. good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Over 11 now. Bit more of a rally and I'll be happy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

I'm up 13% in this in a week. Might take profits

• Site Banned Posts: 160 ✭✭Kidkinobe

I'm up 13% in this in a week. Might take profits

If you dont need the profit, why take it, gonna cost you to sell them and cost you to buy some more shares in a different company. Buying shares is just like a never ending horse race...you study the form and follow the best bet at the time...Ryanair seems to be in for a good race for the next 6 months. Summer holiday bookings are just about to start.
    I am of course happy to hear what others have to think...

Kidkinobe wrote: »
    If you dont need the profit, why take it, gonna cost you to sell them and cost you to buy some more shares in a different company. Buying shares is just like a never ending horse race...you study the form and follow the best bet at the time...Ryanair seems to be in for a good race for the next 6 months. Summer holiday bookings are just about to start.
    I am of course happy to hear what others have to think...

It'll cost me about €6 in total transaction fees.

By take profit I mean take my profit (€200 or so) and leave my original investment sitting there. I don't think it'll go another 13% this week... Could be wrong though.

By take profit I mean take my profit (€200 or so) and leave my original investment sitting there. I don't think it'll go another 13% this week... Could be wrong though.

I took profits at 11.13. Good drop since, I'll double up if we get back below 10.

How is that possible?

Stamp duty is 1% on Irish equities

• Advertisement

Only when buying them.

€2 to sell them + 0.058%.

It cost way less that €6 in hindsight

Only when buying them.

€2 to sell them + 0.058%.

It cost way less that €6 in hindsight

Ah I get you now, your just offloading the gains

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭canonball5

A very decent morning today, anyone hear any news?

canonball5 wrote: »
    A very decent morning today, anyone hear any news?

Just got oversold and market sentiment has swung to risk on, Resistance is around €12.75,i bought at €10.05

Will sell prior to brexit if it doesn't hit my booked sub €13 price

• Registered Users Posts: 33 sevenshades

Results Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I didn't expect O'Leary to renew for another 5 years, albeit as CEO of the Ryanair Group rather than of Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭canonball5

Up over 5% today. Has there been some news?

Could be an interesting day tomorrow (Monday) for Ryanair...With Flybmi going into administration...Might be why Ryanair has been doing so well over the past week...People in the right circles would have had the info about Flybmi well in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭crushproof

Kidkinobe wrote: »
    Could be an interesting day tomorrow (Monday) for Ryanair...With Flybmi going into administration...Might be why Ryanair has been doing so well over the past week...People in the right circles would have had the info about Flybmi well in advance.

Yep I'm raging I didn't buy in at the beginning of the month. Even last week I was reading about Flybmi and thinking about Ryanair. Yet I didn't pull the trigger. See how it goes tomorrow and I might buy in. Some great gains so far this year.

crushproof wrote: »
    Yep I'm raging I didn't buy in at the beginning of the month. Even last week I was reading about Flybmi and thinking about Ryanair. Yet I didn't pull the trigger. See how it goes tomorrow and I might buy in. Some great gains so far this year.
    You know that quote 'when the shoe shine boy is giving stock tips, its time to exit the market'
    Thats why I think it will be an interesting day, Will the professionals that had the info re Flybmi going into administration cash out first thing this morning and pocket their profits, while the shoeshine boys rush in to buy on reading about Flybmi over the weekend.

• Advertisement

Holding steady today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Tis hard to know what the shoeshine boy is doing today!

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Tis hard to know what the shoeshine boy is doing today!
    It is! Might be time to jump back on the plane..O Leary is working on commission now, he stands to make 500 mil if he gets it back to 21 Euro before the end of his 5 year contract.

Climbed above 12 today :eek:

Hopefully we'll see it push through 12 today.

A great day for the parish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Ryanair has just 'flown' past my BEP ... happy days

Ryanair has just 'flown' past my BEP ... happy days

Me too. Not selling yet but good to be back in profit on it. I know it will go up and down again but it's one of my biggest investments and I bought a load more at around €10 to bring my BEP down to what it is now.

Same, into good profit now, great start to the year. Should have bought more at 9.80..

• Advertisement

Quite a boost today on the price. 12.46 currently.

Advertisement