Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Muahahaha wrote: »
    CAB might have seized the Byrne house on Raleigh Square, Crumlin but they will never be able to find a buyer for it, its effectively worthless given the neighbours.

It'll go for cheaper than it's worth, for sure. Simply purchase it, insure it, and sit back. If it gets wrecked or burned, happy days. Could rent a few rooms out to foreign students who would be none the wiser, and delighted to live in a nice house.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Clytus

CAB might have seized the Byrne house on Raleigh Square, Crumlin but they will never be able to find a buyer for it, its effectively worthless given the neighbours.

That'll be a dump n run property. The value is not the point - sure the legals will be multiple times the value achieved. The point is assets will be seized and taken away if you thumb your nose at the State. John Gilligan made that fatal error and so did the BOCG.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

It’s not their job to find a buyer and they wouldn’t even care .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

ok i have to ask - can someone dm me who baked beans is

it's not Bill Heinz.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Clytus

it's not Bill Heinz.

Ill make it a bit easier..its William Hynes.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/men-sentenced-to-12-and-14-years-for-transfer-of-cannabis-1.774971

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,151 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Ask the Whistleblower on Twitter maybe?

That account has been private for about a month/3 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

pablo128 wrote: »
    It'll go for cheaper than it's worth, for sure. Simply purchase it, insure it, and sit back. If it gets wrecked or burned, happy days. Could rent a few rooms out to foreign students who would be none the wiser, and delighted to live in a nice house.

Have you seen the amount of work out the back of the house :eek:
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/2+Raleigh+Square,+Crumlin,+Dublin+12,+D12+KF10/@53.3270543,-6.3067635,29m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x48670c66069685fd:0x7ce91b3d33e550dc!8m2!3d53.3270618!4d-6.3068449
    You could probably see it from space!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,429 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

jay0109 wrote: »

RTE reporting there was an all-weather pitch, since when has an area circa the size of a saloon car been called a pitch? More fake news from them :rolleyes:

The house the CAB seized at Raleigh Square in Crumlin had undergone over €740,000 worth of renovations.

These include a gymnasium, a bar and an all-weather pitch and playground in the back garden.

https://www.rte.ie/news/crime/2019/0227/1033262-maria-byrne-cab/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

The neighbour parked their brand new car in their driveway the last time they felt safe leaving their house.
    https://goo.gl/maps/wM6VDrtkZ612

• Advertisement

According to the guy on RTE news each bedroom had a HD TV.
    Lol.

HD......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,408 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Lol.

HD......

A 100-Inch, 16K S-UHD TV maybe? :D

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

There is a picture of someone in a candle holder hanging off the wall beside the front door. Is it their deceased brother? Seems strange to have anyone's face in a candle holder like that, especially on the front of the house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Clytus wrote: »
    That'll be a dump n run property. The value is not the point - sure the legals will be multiple times the value achieved. The point is assets will be seized and taken away if you thumb your nose at the State. John Gilligan made that fatal error and so did the BOCG.

Gilligans house was an easier sell because it was out in the sticks in Kildare. This house in Raleigh Square is the centre of the Byrne criminal gang stronghold, it is surrounded by their family and supporters. If a Joe Public bought that house they'd be a marked man
    It’s not their job to find a buyer and they wouldn’t even care .

eh CABs remit is literally in their name. They seize assets, liquidate them and the money goes back to the State. Their 2017 report is on their website detailing all the property and assets they seized and sold that year.

They'll probably find a way/get their solicitor to buy it for themselves and then rent it out to the Byrne family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭ifElseThen

Yeah easy enough for them to set up some offshore company etc and bid on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

Didn't the parents build her a bungalow at the back of their house on the other side of Raleigh Square?

She's a bold looking piece of kit compared to the other sister that was with her outside the courts, but maybe she's as bad, I have no idea.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Lol.

HD......

Reminds me of that fool, Paul Williams. Only a few years ago he was shouting about the "thugs with their Glocks and flat screen TVs". This was about 10 years after they discontinued the old CRT TVs and the only TV you could buy was a flat screen.

• Advertisement

I tell ya, there would be none of these shenanigans going on if this man was still on the force in Dublin :) He had the element...

https://www.rte.ie/archives/exhibitions/922-christmas-tv-past/287748-christmas-tree-theft/

She's a bold looking piece of kit compared to the other sister that was with her outside the courts, but maybe she's as bad, I have no idea.

I think that may be Byrne's gf you mean

I think that may be Byrne's gf you mean

Could well be, I was referring to the two girls with the mother outside the courts the day the trial collapsed. Was the one with cap the sister with the house? and the other a gf of which of the Byrne's?

Anyone know much about this Drogheda feud? Is it two traveller gangs or are settled people involved here?

Reminds me of that fool, Paul Williams. Only a few years ago he was shouting about the "thugs with their Glocks and flat screen TVs". This was about 10 years after they discontinued the old CRT TVs and the only TV you could buy was a flat screen.

It was Paul Reynolds.

Check the link posted last night to rte and he actually wrote Hugh definition.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spider baby 172

Could well be, I was referring to the two girls with the mother outside the courts the day the trial collapsed. Was the one with cap the sister with the house? and the other a gf of which of the Byrne's?

Is it one of these warriors is married to Bomber Kavanagh?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

Anyone know much about this Drogheda feud? Is it two traveller gangs or are settled people involved here?

Travellers the Maguire's, against Caolan smiths Drogheda friends the Boylans

Travellers the Maguire's, against Caolan smiths Drogheda friends the Boylans

I was in 37 Dawson street Wednesday night and I seen SC in a pair of chino denim shorts with some fat fella with a beard and about 5 moths along with them. Not a care in the world

The other woman was Kelly Quinn, David Byrne's other half.

• Advertisement

I was in 37 Dawson street Wednesday night and I seen SC in a pair of chino denim shorts with some fat fella with a beard and about 5 moths along with them. Not a care in the world

He does be on my road with a young guy (Who I thought was quiet) turns out he's not quiet he was chief mourner at ZWP funeral. I'm partial to a bit of 37 myself , good spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭S_D

Jesus I havent a clue whats going on in this forum and I read it everyday lol

ifElseThen wrote: »
    The other woman was Kelly Quinn, David Byrne's other half.

Has her family any history in the gangland scene or was she just caught up in the mess because she was his other half?

S_D wrote: »
    Jesus I havent a clue whats going on in this forum and I read it everyday lol

None of us do. We just come in and dump aload of bollox and cause some confusion

Has her family any history in the gangland scene or was she just caught up in the mess because she was his other half?
    You don't 'just get caught up'. These women know exactly who they are going out with, a fair idea of what he's up etc.
    The holidays, the bling and yet no real job. Away for periods of time and no explanations.

But their given the benefit of the doubt by the legal system ...because they are women

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

She's a good girl at heart loves her family etc.

You don't 'just get caught up'. These women know exactly who they are going out with, a fair idea of what he's up etc.
    The holidays, the bling and yet no real job. Away for periods of time and no explanations.

But their given the benefit of the doubt by the legal system ...because they are women
    With him 20 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,814 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

This is 100% true, and normally they end up going out with same type of fella again as they don't want to work or have to change there life style,

With him 20 years

So she was with him since he was 12?

• Advertisement

So she was with him since he was 12?

16.!I'm talking about 20 years from now He would be 36

Yeah I know a close friend of Kelly's and herself and Byrne were going out donkeys years. Wonder if she had the sense to take out life insurance...

https://twitter.com/mickthehack/status/1101492206123274244?s=19

I wonder who this is, I know John Gilligans nephews live in that estate.

Wasn’t there a woman stabbed to death in clondalkin this morning? Not saying there’s a connection just busy day for the emergency services.

https://twitter.com/mickthehack/status/1101492206123274244?s=19

I wonder who this is, I know John Gilligans nephews live in that estate.

Foxdene is actually in Lucan. Not the first shooting in that estate.

Foxdene is actually in Lucan. Not the first shooting in that estate.

Lucan south, since about 20 years ago when they changed the address from Clondalkin. That estate (balgaddy)is an absolute hole.

• Advertisement

Wasn’t there a woman stabbed to death in clondalkin this morning? Not saying there’s a connection just busy day for the emergency services.

Yep, Greenfort.

Lucan south, since about 20 years ago when they changed the address from Clondalkin. That estate (balgaddy)is an absolute hole.

Van on fire in balgaddy

https://twitter.com/gerhewitt1/status/1101491787590451200?s=21

Balgaddy is that bad that vehicles on fire wouldnt be out of place.

Balgaddy is that bad that vehicles on fire wouldnt be out of place.

Yeah I had to laugh at your one "10 years I here I never see this"

Shooting victim is now dead.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement