Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LG 55UJ651V 55 Inch Smart 4K Ultra HD TV with HDR - €519

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

No stock as usual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Kuva wrote: »
    No stock as usual

Shysters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭jacob2

got one yesterday in argos nutgrove bargain plus a 10 euro voucher so it was only 509 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭honda boi

jacob2 wrote: »
    got one yesterday in argos nutgrove bargain plus a 10 euro voucher so it was only 509 euro

What ya think of it? Have one reserved since yesterday and gonna collect later

good picture a bit dark on some progames went into setting picure ajusted backlight now fine for 509 euro bargain wen u compare it to other brand plus u can connect satellite to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭logistic

Only available on order from the Carlow store. Wonder will be back in stock closer to Dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Have a reservation number for one in Longford to be redeemed by close of business today if anyone wants it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭huntsman77

How's pictures quality compare to the Sony Panasonic brands I wonder. Mixed reviews online

Any suggestions on a wall bracket?
    Thinking of this one
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MZ6ZYU1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_-WxiAb9QNGHBA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭mossy464

If anyone has a reservation code for in or around Dublin and they aren't using would gladly take off your hands

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭logistic

Looks like some have become available. I just booked one in jervis and i see ilac has some as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

Just reserved one in Cork Retail Blackpool.
    Seems to be stock in Queens Old Castle also.

Seems to be back in Stock in most places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

It's edgelit, when I bought last TV (long time ago) that was a bad thing, does it still apply with 4Ks? Im guessing yea.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭the_pod

Quite happy with it so far but still need to tweak the settings. Sounds better than I expected. The only time I notice an issue with the edge lit is dark background with light highlights - credits on a black background for example but I can live with that for the price. I'd love an oled but that'd be at least triple the price. Haven't tried 4k or hdr content yet but it handles hd and see pretty well

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

The lower spec ones actually seem to be backlit in this range

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭M7roadrunner

the_pod wrote: »
    Quite happy with it so far but still need to tweak the settings. Sounds better than I expected. The only time I notice an issue with the edge lit is dark background with light highlights - credits on a black background for example but I can live with that for the price. I'd love an oled but that'd be at least triple the price. Haven't tried 4k or hdr content yet but it handles hd and see pretty well

Can iptv be downloaded to this?
    Can you cast an iPhone to this model?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Can iptv be downloaded to this?
    Can you cast an iPhone to this model?

I have the 49” version and both of those work.
    I bought the IPTV app from the LG store.

Just reserved one in the ilac dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭horse7

No dvb-s2 tuner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭clogher71

If anyone has a reservation code for this tv west of the shannon anywhere that they are not using, I would be greatfull for it......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭horse7

It's a satellite tuner.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭the_pod

Definitely has a satellite input but I haven't tried it yet. Planning to get rid of sky next month so I'll try it then. Found picture settings here https://www.which.co.uk/static/tools/new-reviews/tv-settings/tv-settings.html

Picked up this last night.
    Very big,much bigger and better then our old 40" blue diamond.
    Only thing tho is the first time I turned it on there was a white bright area in the centre of the tv,I tapped it with my finger and it disappeared.
    Any idea what it could be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

honda boi wrote: »
    Picked up this last night.
    Very big,much bigger and better then our old 40" blue diamond.
    Only thing tho is the first time I turned it on there was a white bright area in the centre of the tv,I tapped it with my finger and it disappeared.
    Any idea what it could be?

You have now entered the twilight zone!:pac:

Any chance of a pic. I’ve a 40 inch plasma myself and was thinking of upgrading but my sitting room is only 14ft x 13ft so don’t want it to be to big.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭kindalen

These appear to be on Argos eBay.ie store to order now.

there seems to be no stock anywere. in the argos uk stores its 575 pounds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭M7roadrunner

I have a reservation for one in Carlow for Monday that I won't be using if anyone wants it.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Brozy

Tried reserving one as it said they'd have stock to collect in the store near me later in the week.

I got a reservation email with no reservation number in the subject line, didn't get a text either.

Does this mean they have no stock of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

What's the black levels like on this? The 55UH770V gets 3/5 on Trusted reviews and the reviewer complains about local dimming. The whole review seems a bit... smarmy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭dos30

clogher71 wrote: »
    If anyone has a reservation code for this tv west of the shannon anywhere that they are not using, I would be greatfull for it......

I have a reservation for Childers Rd, Limerick if you want it. It came into store earlier than they predicted so it'll be held until the 7th. Picked one up in the crescent today myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭stamjoe

dos30 wrote: »
    I have a reservation for Childers Rd, Limerick if you want it. It came into store earlier than they predicted so it'll be held until the 7th. Picked one up in the crescent today myself.

I've one for cruises street, Childers road would be a lot handier

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Mok

Reservation for cork queens old castle if anyone wants it? Have had second thoughts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,718 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

This is a steal. On the Argos UK site for £579 with plenty of good reviews. I didn't see this thread but a friend pointed out this bargain to me this afternoon and I put a reservation down for delivery later in the week.

Will be a nice upgrade from my 32" TV :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

unkel wrote:
    Will be a nice upgrade from my 32" TV

Yes but it might suck up more electricity that you need for charging your car

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

Yes but it might suck up more electricity that you need for charging your car

About 85 watts per hour according to LG's own figures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Johnny C Ooh

stamjoe wrote: »
    I've one for cruises street, Childers road would be a lot handier

I'd be more than happy to take the cruises Street code if it's still available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

unkel wrote: »
    This is a steal. On the Argos UK site for £579 with plenty of good reviews. I didn't see this thread but a friend pointed out this bargain to me this afternoon and I put a reservation down for delivery later in the week.

Will be a nice upgrade from my 32" TV :)

Did you actually get a reservation code? Tried same yesterday when a few places said order for pickup next week but said out of stock when I tried.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Brozy wrote: »
    Tried reserving one as it said they'd have stock to collect in the store near me later in the week.

I got a reservation email with no reservation number in the subject line, didn't get a text either.

Does this mean they have no stock of it?

That usually means that the computers have t caught up with the amount of orders. If there’s no code then there’s nothing reserved. I know this from personal experience and from a friend who worked in Argos, Jarvis Street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 114 ✭✭boris1234

Is there anywhere in Dublin this is on display? Want to see how big it is before purchasing

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭akasudonim

Anyone know what warranty this comes with from Argos? Couldn't see it listed on the spec..

• Advertisement

Looked at the LG 55 inch in shop yesterday it was same spec as one in argos as far as I could see. Looked good but there was a Sony beside it the LG wasn't in the same league for colours. But the Sony was 300 more expensive. Now maybe playing with settings on LG would help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

huntsman77 wrote: »
    Looked at the LG 55 inch in shop yesterday it was same spec as one in argos as far as I could see. Looked good but there was a Sony beside it the LG wasn't in the same league for colours. But the Sony was 300 more expensive. Now maybe playing with settings on LG would help.

If i paid 300 more id expect it to look better

powercity is doing a a 55in lg 4k for 640 euro

IvoryTower wrote: »
    If i paid 300 more id expect it to look better

5 year warranty with Sony also

Was it the 651 model?
    There is quite a difference in specs across their range.
    The 651 at 55 inches gets edge lighting with local dimming (local dimming missing on the 49 if you compare on the LG site)
    Also, the 651 is a 2017 model.
    Great price and thanms OP

5 year warranty with Sony also

only on certain sony models not all more u spend on more likely u get 5 year warranty

jacob2 wrote: »
    powercity is doing a a 55in lg 4k for 640 euro
    Seems to be the 634 which is lower spec than the argos one if you check the LG site and compare

Yea that particular Sony had a 5 year warranty. I'm just saying in general get what ya pay for.

fmul9798 wrote: »
    Seems to be the 634 which is lower spec than the argos one if you check the LG site and compare

the argos one is 800 euro in powercity

fmul9798 wrote: »
    Was it the 651 model?
    There is quite a difference in specs across their range.
    The 651 at 55 inches gets edge lighting with local dimming (local dimming missing on the 49 if you compare on the LG site)
    Also, the 651 is a 2017 model.
    Great price and thanms OP

No it was a 63 model

• Advertisement
Advertisement