Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

LIDL plus app

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mary_a2020

Got "100% lemon juice" after useing the 2e off I got this morning

Me too, don't mind if its meant to be a trick I'll still use it! Cute little campaign they did in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭bewhiched

zell12 wrote: »
    e2 off next shop on scratchcard

Me too yesterday Drogheda store

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭PopTarts

When is the Halloween scratch card offer over?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Heydoyoubye

97c sour bears on the scratchcard today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭tscul32

97c sour bears on the scratchcard today

Me too and the OH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Oh I got mint pastilles 25g 0.97c

Wonder if it’s dependent when you go in

• Registered Users Posts: 84,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was the €1.50 cadbury stocking selection boxes a misprint or did any store get them in?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭Nollog

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Was the €1.50 cadbury stocking selection boxes a misprint or did any store get them in?

A misprint, I saw an a4 sheet saying it was and that they're sorry last time I was in, they're 3.99 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,705 ✭✭✭✭zell12

e1 off next shop on scratchcard

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭timetogo1

Its getting to the stage where I'm hardly bothered scanning the app. Sure you can track my shopping habits, in exchange for ... a packet of sweets. Nah.

I know, it's a first world problem.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

timetogo1 wrote: »
    Its getting to the stage where I'm hardly bothered scanning the app. Sure you can track my shopping habits, in exchange for ... a packet of sweets. Nah.

Yeah, i don't see the point now that the €5 discount is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭prodsc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I noticed cadbury SB's for €1.49 this morning..looked small. It was a packet but advertised as selection box!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,708 ✭✭✭dmc17

timetogo1 wrote: »

Or in a exchange for something that's out of stock every time you go in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭Nollog

I agree, I wouldn't be changing my shopping habbits for it, but free is free.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭timetogo1

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Google is tracking you and listening to everything and not even giving you sweets lol

And your point is?
    If Lidl want me to share the information they can offer a better incentive was my point. What has your point about Google got to do with Lidl?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭jeffk

possible savings of a tenner every week is good enough for most people

Don't forgot the orange and too good stickers

Unless there's tracking things in the stickers?

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Yeah, i don't see the point now that the €5 discount is gone.

Weird. I get at least 3 products a week that I normally buy, and then a free prize just for shopping there and my receipts saved so I don't have to go searching when I need it. I don't get why you can't be bothered... its win win really

dmc17 wrote: »
    Or in a exchange for something that's out of stock every time you go in.

I've seen ppl complain about this but literally never had an issue, are ye looking for fresh crossings at 9pm at night or wha??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Are you though? Lidl sneakily upping the price on other products to compensate. People are so green.......

Save a tenner by buying crap you had no intention of buying just because the app says you are saving a tenner. So who is really winning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭dirtyden

5 euros off my shopping at weekend, got a 2 euro off for my next shop that I used tonight. Got another 1 euro off tonight on next shop. Great little app, always 2 or 3 things minimum on discount I would buy and with the extra 1 to 2 euros off saving of about 5 euros every week.

Are you okay hun ?

I’m just back from Lidl where I “saved “2 euro.
    The app told that so it must be true..................
    I’m writing my letter to Santa next...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    I’m just back from Lidl where I “saved “2 euro.
    The app told that so it must be true..................
    I’m writing my letter to Santa next...

If you think you are getting shafted in Lidl, do you shopping elsewhere.
    There are enough grocery stores open where you may feel that value is better for you.
    Lidl sneakily upping the price on other products to compensate.
    If they are, they wouldn't be the only ones and they are still probably cheaper then the "traditional" grocery stores on most things.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    If you think you are getting shafted in Lidl, do you shopping elsewhere.
    There are enough grocery stores open where you may feel that value is better for you.

If they are, they wouldn't be the only ones and they are still probably cheaper then the "traditional" grocery stores on most things.

Lidl is still great value....it’s the app that’s a joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,708 ✭✭✭dmc17

mary_a2020 wrote: »
    I've seen ppl complain about this but literally never had an issue, are ye looking for fresh crossings at 9pm at night or wha??

Nope, no fresh crossings at 9pm for me. I'm talking about the scratch and win items. Had a free packet of bran flakes and also pasta sauce last week and was in twice. Both times, the shelves were empty of both products. Numerous times before with other products from the scratch and win as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Hasn't been bran flakes or croissants in Terenure since Friday. Popped in today at 9am after the school drop and was surprised to see none

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

Mayo_fan wrote: »
    Save a tenner by buying crap you had no intention of buying just because the app says you are saving a tenner. So who is really winning?

If you're not intelligent enough to only buy the items you want then it's safe to say the app isn't for you.

stdidit wrote: »
    If you're not intelligent enough to only buy the items you want then it's safe to say the app isn't for you.

Well then the poster omegagene who I quoted needs to explain how they save “up” to a tenner each week from the app. That’s the point I replied to, it’s unrealistic that posters can expect up to a tenner a week savings from this app alone

I gave up on the app, useless unless you want to go searching for the reduced items (correct sizes etc), I’m not that stuck for money that I’m going to spend extra time wandering around the aisles of Lidl to save 50c on a packet of biscuits which I normally don’t buy. As others have said free treats rarely in stock so that’s also a dead end

I suppose I should remember that some people on this thread have admitted to going to circle k on a daily basis with a bunch of voucher codes for monster energy and other junk food using vouchers which they have gotten by begging other users on here(including setting up duplicate accounts and getting caught out). So maybe that’s Lidl’s target audience. But I’m out

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

So yesterday i bought 5 items with the app-I had activated all items before I went shopping. when I checked the receipt only 3 had actually worked. I have noticed this before, activated bargains don't stay activated, you need to keep checking. The idea of the app, of course, is that it is like a treasure hunt, you need to find the app bargain, check it is the same item on the app that you are buying. The app needs more work. The app had to be scanned twice on the till before it worked yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Cant say that has happened to me pjproby, but Lidl customer service have a good track record (based on this thread) of giving back extra bargains when issues like that come up.

Advertisement