Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenagers blowing up Kittens

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Spot the people who've been watching mindhunter :pac:

Mindhunter aside but when children start torturing animals for their own amusement/pleasure this is a sign of something that needs treatment and I mean intense treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

D3V!L wrote: »
    Just a bit of clarification ,. One of these "black cat" bangers can take a finger off. I'd imagine the poor kitten would have the equivalent of a hand grenade strapped to it.

Well at least it was quick

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

cml387 wrote: »
    I saw some fire brigade footage on RTE of a poor terrier who had been given a firework to hold in its mouth for "fun". The poor dog's jaw was hanging off.

It's no urban legend.

Sorry to be controversial but abortion is a good argument for these feral scum.

RTÉ aired footage of a dog with it's jaw blown off? Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    The OP doesn't say if it was all boys. In my experience girls can be equally cruel and willing to carry out some sick sh*t.

Girls can be more cruel. I knew a girl (aged 14) who threw their pet dog from the

kitchen table to the ground in anger. The dog broke its back and had to be put

down.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,402 ✭✭✭✭elperello

We can give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are in a roundabout way expressing regret at the number of cats and kittens who suffer lingering deaths in this country every day due to neglect.

On the other hand......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

oh I find it difficult to even read stories like this. I just can't abide any cruelty to helpless animals. I have a cat myself and I keep him in at Halloween for this exact reason, though it's disgusting that people do this. I definitely think there should be much harsher sentences for people who are cruel to animals, some people just don't seem to care because they aren't human but they suffer the same pain, the same fear. You can see this especially with neglected and abused animals who have been rehomed, they often display aggressive, odd or anxious behaviours due to the abuse they have suffered.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,845 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

The Guards will do nothing. The DSPCA may try to investigate but can't prosecute.

Remember the foal in Galway, stoned to death by a group of kids. No one prosecuted despite lots of evidence. The Guards said that the GSPCA were dealing with it & the GSPCA said it was a matter for the Guards.

This is a crime but not on the list that the Guards deal with. Too busy checking tax discs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Disgusting! Cruelty in any form is reprehensible: whether it's to an animal, child or vulnerable adult.
    Hope these scrotes are tracked down and punished. Sorry that little girl had to see it, OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭finno

Ah well that makes it alright so

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

elperello wrote: »
    We can give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are in a roundabout way expressing regret at the number of cats and kittens who suffer lingering deaths in this country every day due to neglect.

On the other hand......

cruelty to animals disgusts me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

Little s h its. I hope they feel horrible pain soon. Unfortunately the Gardai do very little in these cases.

Me too but I know that the little mite was probably terrified and roughly handled before it's death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

cml387 wrote:

So a bit like Minority Report? Punish them before they commit a crime. Can't say it makes sense unless you have access to a genuine phsyic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Cruelty to animals for the sole purpose of fun/pleasure is deeply worrying and can indicate that this person is capable of a lot more pain and misery. In other words: psychopaths are known for killing animals as children for these reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭cml387

RTÉ aired footage of a dog with it's jaw blown off? Really?

Warning...graphic photograph.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,119 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    cml387 wrote:

So a bit like Minority Report? Punish them before they commit a crime. Can't say it makes sense unless you have access to a genuine phsyic.

Long shot here. But I'll hazard a guess that those young gentlemen (and/or young ladies) didn't lick it off a stone

Thank you for posting that.
    No arguing with facts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Long shot here. But I'll hazard a guess that those young gentlemen (and/or young ladies) didn't lick it off a stone

I don't do guesswork. I'm sure even good parents can sire a scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,285 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    Did you torture animals as a teenager?

Warning. 7 year old link used to prove yearly occurrence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

It's quite common on halloween unfortunately. Keep your pets indoors over the weekend and the halloween night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭cml387

Warning. 7 year old link used to prove yearly occurrence

First of all you said it was urban legend.

Nowhere did I say it happens every year.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Bring back the birch and redden their backs the utter scum.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

First of all you said it was urban legend.

Nowhere did I say it happens every year.

I never claimed it never happened ever. I just said I've been hearing of this for years with very little evidence. Even in the example above I am dubious that a dog would hold something emitting fire in its mouth while conceeding that it was possiblly a firework that didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭cd07

AlekSmart wrote:
    Society currently remains confident that such deviance can be successfully treated by various therapies,but I am not so sure.

AlekSmart wrote:
    As posted elsewhere on this thread,this form of violent perversion is usually a very clear indicator of a Mental Issue which is pointing in one direction,which is future violence against human beings.

AlekSmart wrote:
    I would be reasonably confident that these dregs will have recorded the images on their Phones or somesuch and it will surface in due course.

AlekSmart wrote:
    Put at it's smplest,and using the Pavlov's Dog response,the controlled application of a level of pain & discomfort,commensurate to that felt by the hapless Kitten would be a very suitable starting point in this case.

AlekSmart wrote:
    The Probation Act,or some equally laughable sanction in the Childrens Court,will simply embolden these cretins to move up & on in their crusade for fame.

AlekSmart wrote:
    There is way too much tolerance shown to the deviant activities of "groups of teenagers" in our society generally.

AlekSmart wrote:
    As posted elsewhere on this thread,this form of violent perversion is usually a very clear indicator of a Mental Issue which is pointing in one direction,which is future violence against human beings.

Fully agree although I would just be blunt and say they need to be battered to within an inch of their lives. Society seems so afraid of being punished for putting some discipline on these scumbags or being terrified of some juvenile reprisal. I say smash the biggest tough guy then watch the rest run. They're just filth

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Terrlock wrote: »
    they basically strapped 5 - 6 cats together along with a kitten and blew them up in front of her.

Then laughed

What the actual fcuk?!

Little f*ckn scumbags, and yes, I know it's the parents fault, at the end of the day.

But these little d*ckheads have a conscience of their own as well.

I would love to see them take a hiding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

It's a shitty country when it comes to dealing with animal abuse. If you called the guards about this they would most likely tell you it's nothing to do with them and to phone the ISPCA.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

charles-bronson-o.gif

A lot of humanity is irredeemable filth that the World would be better off without.

• Advertisement

Sorry, but I'm skeptical (not saying it definitely didn't happen) about taking stories like this at face-value, second-hand. And I outright don't believe the Indo story about youngsters putting a lit firework in a dogs mouth.

Think about the practicality of that, for a second, and ask yourself whether it isn't more likely that the dog wasn't under control, and went maybe approached a lit firework..? Why immediately believe that someone (somehow) put it into the dogs mouth?

Websites like the Indo and The Journal have been known to sensationalise stories like this in the past, e.g. a horse that was allegedly burnt alive (only, on further investigation, it turned out (as should have been assumed at the outset), it was dead, and some people attempted to burn its carcass to dispose of it.

Sad to say the animal charities also jump on these bandwagons without pausing to think whether it adds up.

The newspapers do it for clickbait - again, the Indo is notorious for it. And whilst I do accept that profoundly cruel things are done to animals on a daily basis, I also believe that some people attempt to benefit from manipulating our natural affinity with the animal kingdom, for clickbait or other ends.

Advertisement