Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boots 75% off Sale - 14.01.2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭valc

I was in Dundrum at 9.15. Not too busy but not a great selection of stock compared to last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 pinkbuttercup

was in jerivs but didnt get in til half 9. got some tings i wanted but stuff i had my eye on was gone. still tings left but its busy. does anyone know if there is much left in stephens green. like any of the soap nd glory sets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

was in jerivs but didnt get in til half 9. got some tings i wanted but stuff i had my eye on was gone. still tings left but its busy. does anyone know if there is much left in stephens green. like any of the soap nd glory sets

Yes, they have a few "h" for sale there, you should buy some.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭mad m

like any of the soap nd glory sets

Last two I think went out door around 12pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I was in Blanchardstown this morning - it was like a scene from the apocalypse, people just mindlessly grabbing everything off the shelves. Saw one woman with 2 shopping trolleys from Dunnes full of stuff!

Called into Maynooth on way home and it was quiet but not much left - no Soap & Glory or No7 which is all I was interested in. Got a hairdryer for €9 though

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭mell61

I was looking to get a few things online, including some non sale No7 items, but realised that I don't have my voucher on me (No7 voucher issued when i got some stuff last week) - firstly would anyone have one on them, who can tell me if its still valid? and if it is, could you share the code?
    I don't want to have to go home after work, to find its out of date, and I have lost whats in my basket.
    thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

mell61 wrote: »
    I was looking to get a few things online, including some non sale No7 items, but realised that I don't have my voucher on me (No7 voucher issued when i got some stuff last week) - firstly would anyone have one on them, who can tell me if its still valid? and if it is, could you share the code?
    I don't want to have to go home after work, to find its out of date, and I have lost whats in my basket.
    thanks in advance

I have one of them but it says it cannot be used online and there is no code.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

Was in Dundrum just after 10 this morning and it wasnt too busy at all, good lot of stuff left, husband picked up ted baker deodrant sets for €3 each, the big mens no7 set that was €50 for €15 and a david beckham aftershave set for less than €8! But i was only too delighted to find 1 of the big No7 sets originally €95 and got it for €28.50. Was getting busier as we left there were a few women with large bags full of stuff, plenty of small set like nail varnishes etc. left, some soap and glory sets (not the big ones that were on offer before Christmas), loads of perfume and aftershave sets. Glad we went ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

went to blackpool in cork and then mahon point, saved 200 euro and presents sorted for the year
    happy days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭holly8

lots of toiletry and Sanctuary gift sets in Galway, kids sets with fragrances, Seventeen makeup and nail sets, and knick knacks .. I'd say most of it gone by now .. shoppers there knew exactly what they were there for and came armed with big shopping bags .. bought a load of stuff I don't need ... but awful handy to have a pile of stuff stashed away for gifts during the year

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Pudsey123

Was in Boots Stephens Green at lunch and picked up some good stuff but the place was bedlam. Alot of Ted Baker Giftsets and perfume sets left but very little of the foodie stuff left. There was about 20 of the Starbucks Coffee canisters there.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭dockc

was in ballincollig at lunch - nice few bits left - got some bench mens spray set with sock for less than 3eur and the sanctuary set that was 32 for 9+ happy little camper! first year hearing about it will be keeping eye out for it in future yrs!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Claire222

Went to boots blanch this morning, wasn't as bad I thought it would be, bought a good few things some good deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭boogaloop

As said above, nice amount of stock left in Galway at lunchtime today although it was going fast enough. Lots of kids toiletry sets (moshi monsters etc.), lots of sanctuary sets, some slippers etc.
    Also bought stuff that I don't really need but will no doubt come in handy for presents during the year - just need to keep an inventory of what I've bought & who it might go to :)

Was hoping for some dove sets but nothing left, and none of the herb sets left either but for 70% off, glad I went.

Do they ever refresh the sale stock online? And/or can we order from the UK site & parcel motel it to here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Was in Nutgrove at 3pm, very little left, mostly card & gift wrap but I did pick up 2 No7 nail polish bauble - nice colour for only €2.25, rrp is €9 for the polish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Bundles of Katie Perry stuff in Dundrum this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

I think Boots like a lot of the retailers got a lot better with their stock and inventory management for Christmas 2014, compared to the previous year. One Boots I went into before Christmas had a formal notice up apologising about lack of stock for certain products. They had simply sold out. Great that some individuals got some bargains today, but nothing of interest for me, and I still think Boots where the real winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I noticed that too. I usually get a couple of lancome or clarins gift sets in Boots just after christmas (using gift cards from Irish Opinions) but this year they had barely anything left. Same with Debenhams and Sam McCauley who had loads of sets left last year.

I swore that I wouldn't get sucked into the sale this year but I did end up going to Mahon when the snow thawed and spent €60 on gifts:o There was nothing of interest for myself (just as well!) but I picked up a few things for the "Present Box"

• Registered Users Posts: 33 maireadley

Was in Boots, Jervis this evening around 630pm. Still quiet a bit of stuff on the shelves, mostly younger girl/teenager stuff like nail polish, make up sets. A got bit of Sanctuary small gift sets left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Popped in to boots in Jervis, Stephen's Green and Grafton Street. Nothing more than 50% off on Grafton street. No men's stuff marked down 70%. Did they just sell out already or just not bother marking the mens stuff down at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,302 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Popped in to boots in Jervis, Stephen's Green and Grafton Street. Nothing more than 50% off on Grafton street. No men's stuff marked down 70%. Did they just sell out already or just not bother marking the mens stuff down at all.
    Sold out I would think was plenty of men's stuff in stephens green on first day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

anyone know when this is due to start this year please?

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭questionmark

stickybean wrote: »
    anyone know when this is due to start this year please?

it normally is around the second week of January

but their seems to very little stock left in my local stores at the moment so i don't reckon it will be great this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭Keogh08

My guess is Wednesday the 13th, most of the offers on the boots app run out on the 12th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

i hope its the 13th or 14th...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭Cats.Whiskers

I decided before Xmas that I wasn't going to buy the big soap and glory set and also for the new year to stop spending on stuff I don't really need.

But I caved today. Picked one up for 35 , sign said it's reduced from 85 but I doubt many people spent 85 on it.

There's lots of stuff still on shelve at 50% off.

I decided before Xmas that I wasn't going to buy the big soap and glory set and also for the new year to stop spending on stuff I don't really need.

But I caved today. Picked one up for 35 , sign said it's reduced from 85 but I doubt many people spent 85 on it.

There's lots of stuff still on shelve at 50% off.

i bought it at 42.. wasn't very happy when i saw it for 35, especially when i prefer the crush one and that was down to 25:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

Is the 75% sale usually just for one day? Have my eye on a S&G set.

maireadley wrote: »
    For all of us who love the Boots 75% off Sale!

Judging from UK website its happening online on 14th January 2015.

This would seem about right as last year, the online sale happened on 15th January

I can't post the link as it says I'm a new user :(

Hi all

Just checked U.K. Site and they are saying 75% sale happening tmr

Still a good bit left in Jervis so will have a look tmr.

i see people saying that but i do on the site and can't see it anywhere!! I'm on the co.uk site!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

It's been on a Wednesday for the last couple of years so I'm pretty sure it starts tomorrow :D

@ordinary_girl it's not a one day thing - the stock is marked down until it's sold.

People can be pretty crazy in the stores snatching 10 of everything....be careful out there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Only realised this is a thread bumped from last year, when I saw a post from myself. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Website is down!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭thisistough

Looks like this is starting today! No clue as to the time though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭thisistough

So sale went live at 3am, was refreshing and the second it went live plenty of stock was already unavailable. Website is a disaster, had €150 worth of stuff in my shopping cart and it started randomly deleting items, saying items have been successfully added but not adding them. Tried to add back in some of the items that had been deleted and they're now out of stock - unimpressed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Morby

Worst. Sale. Ever.

Really just in store for this part. Think same thing re website happened last year. Wait to see what is left in store this morning. We'll see how people get on later....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

baby coat 17 eur....thats only thing looking good...no plan for kids though :p !!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

put an order in after 3am. so much unavailable. boots must have the worst website ever

• Advertisement

Just heading into jervis now in Dublin. Will let ye know stock levels

Just out from Jervis, Dublin. Ladies with trolleys full of Soap and glory. Lots of the big bags of soap and glory left. 24 eur I think. Jervis still have a lot of decent stock. Reiss candles, French connection sets, lots of sanctuary and chamneys. Worth a look if near town. Lots of men's gift set also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Same out in childers rd, you could get ted baker gift sets bag but not worth it IMO, crazy in there women with shopping trollies full of gift sets, I'm fully convinced the just grab everything, put it into the trolley and then decide if they want it, can't stand that ****,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Carnage in Half Moon Street in Cork, shopping trolleys full as in previous years. They seemed to be re-stocking the shelves though so might be worth a look a little later.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

just out of jervis st store now, loads left. plenty of soap and glory sets etc...

popped out to liffey valley, jamey mac.

i walked out. people were going crazy!!

went to my local boots in omni then, got my few bits :)

dunno why i took the trip out!!

Plenty of soap and glory and champneys in omni :)

• Advertisement

plenty of lynx sets :o hahaha i saw the ladies buying loads, i wanted to warn them...

NO ONE LIKES THEM hahaha :)

Was only looking at men's ... Lots of Lynx duo sets (Peace and Black) at €2.85 in Baggot st lower, 10 metres of wrapping paper €1.20, but they sell this off for virtually nothing during the year to clear stock! Not much else. Women with big boots bags leaving shop at 8.45am so will not last long! They did not even have the 70% ad in window. Curious to see if stores have much back room stock ready to take out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Website is piss. Couldn't checkout because no delivery option. Wasted an hour of my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Teresa kirkham

I got tons of sets in cork . The boots in merchants query was the best . I got a scholl velvet pedi set for 20 euro . Was over
    100 . I

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Was down at Stephens Green - a good selection of stuff left. Tons of the large S&G sets inside the door.

• Advertisement
Advertisement