Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sim free Google nexus 5 - £240 delivered at Carphone warehouse

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭bikerboy_ie

Ordered yesterday at 12PM and have just received an email from CPW asking for me to call them. I obviously have requested that it be sent via PM. I gave them a UK mobile number and used PM NI address as billing address. Anybody have any ideas what they need me to call them for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭mcw92

I don't know whether to try place the order or to wait for Enniskillen to get stock and just drive up......

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Feck it, I only bought the one form Groupon the other day for £285 :(
    Tis worth it anyway, great phone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Ordered yesterday at 12PM and have just received an email from CPW asking for me to call them. I obviously have requested that it be sent via PM. I gave them a UK mobile number and used PM NI address as billing address. Anybody have any ideas what they need me to call them for?

they know what you did last summer........

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

I got the same thing. I called them just now and they said that the order has to be cancelled as parcel motel billing addresses won't work :mad:

Edit: Just spoke to them again after having Parcel Motel added as a permitted billing address to my Credit Card. Still won't work as they physically won't deliver to the Parcel Motel depot as it's their policy. What a load of cock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 vmoooq

Did anyone get their order shipped yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

vmoooq wrote: »
    Did anyone get their order shipped yet?

Delivery by the Start of March according to their website...

295790.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

TJ Mackie wrote: »
    I got the same thing. I called them just now and they said that the order has to be cancelled as parcel motel billing addresses won't work :mad:

Edit: Just spoke to them again after having Parcel Motel added as a permitted billing address to my Credit Card. Still won't work as they physically won't deliver to the Parcel Motel depot as it's their policy. What a load of cock.

same thing here was no problem authirising on credit card except they tried to put 5 of them on my Credit card instead of 1 , seems they just don't like the parcel motel billing address.

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

My order cancelled by email:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

Been trying to get my hands on this for the past few days with no luck at all. My bank confirmed all ok with the credit card but Carphone Warehouse just won't put it through. Anyone manage to get around this or know of anywhere selling for a similar price that will deliver through Parcel Motel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Only way is to drive up north and buy one

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Only way is to drive up north and buy one

Or get it sent to a friends address up north/UK!?

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

Hi All

Bought Nexus 5 here online delivered 330 euros,,fast delivery well packed and everything perfect they even included an adopter to use with charger .

www.eglobalcentral.eu/index.php?dispatch=checkout.checkout#

hope this helps :):):):):)

That was coming from HongKong though. You're lucky you didn't get hit by customs I'd say...

I'm getting my phone from a pal in Scotland who will then ship it to Parcel Motel...
    I refused the Nexus 4 I bought on Amazon for the same money when AN Post tried to deliver it yesterday as I figured it is definitely better to have the latest one....

Or get it sent to a friends address up north/UK!?
    Would still need a credit card with a UK billing address to buy it though

Would still need a credit card with a UK billing address to buy it though

Get them to buy it for you and you give them the cash....

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Deliberator

I was in the North last weekend, and picked mine up from the store in Newtownabbey. Well pleased to purchase this phone for £240 (Just checked my bank statement online - €292.43).

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭bren4q

There's a good opportunity there for someone to make an easy bit of cash if they were heading up North and had a grand or two to spare. Buying phones @ €295 each and then selling for around €325 each is a nice 10% profit and would still be a great deal to whoever is buying it.

Any takers? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭mcw92

bren4q wrote: »
    There's a good opportunity there for someone to make an easy bit of cash if they were heading up North and had a grand or two to spare. Buying phones @ €295 each and then selling for around €325 each is a nice 10% profit and would still be a great deal to whoever is buying it.

No........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Or how about just letting people who actually want the phones to, you know, use them, buy them?

• Advertisement

Tinie wrote: »
    Or how about just letting people who actually want the phones to, you know, use them, buy them?
    I've made two attempts to order from CW UK website and both failed. In both cases I used a Parcel Motel delivery address, which seems to be accepted fine. The problems were with the billing address for the credit card, in particular, the post code. I selected "UK" as the country for both attempts since that is all it would take.

Attempt #1 - entered the Parcel Motel post code, "BT36 4PE", for the billing address.
    - Got email of rejection from CW: "We've not been able to gain authorisation for the card you paid with."
    - Got phone call from credit card company querying the transaction. They said that it was approved but it was flagged because the merchant tried to put it through twice.

Attempt #2 - entered the post code as "EIRE" for the billing address.
    - Got email of rejection from CW: "Before we can complete processing your order, we require some more
    information from you. Give us a call on 0845 655 5050"
    - Phoned up CW. Was told that cannot process credit card payment without valid post code.

Have you yourself succeeded in buying one from CW using an Irish credit card and Parcel Motel?

I'll give ya a fiver towards petrol and €295 for the phone

No, when I said "any takers?" I was asking if anyone else would like to be the delivery man! And if they could get one for me I'd give them 325 for it.
    It wasn't really a serious offer. I'm just trying to get one for myself at a reasonable price and without too much hassle. Which seems tricky at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I've made two attempts to order from CW UK website and both failed. In both cases I used a Parcel Motel delivery address, which seems to be accepted fine. The problems were with the billing address for the credit card, in particular, the post code. I selected "UK" as the country for both attempts since that is all it would take.

Attempt #1 - entered the Parcel Motel post code, "BT36 4PE", for the billing address.
    - Got email of rejection from CW: "We've not been able to gain authorisation for the card you paid with."
    - Got phone call from credit card company querying the transaction. They said that it was approved but it was flagged because the merchant tried to put it through twice.

Attempt #2 - entered the post code as "EIRE" for the billing address.
    - Got email of rejection from CW: "Before we can complete processing your order, we require some more
    information from you. Give us a call on 0845 655 5050"
    - Phoned up CW. Was told that cannot process credit card payment without valid post code.

Have you yourself succeeded in buying one from CW using an Irish credit card and Parcel Motel?

What type of credit/debit card are you using.
    I know UK retailers can confirm whether an AIB visa credit card is irish based on card number. I believe they can not do so with AIB VISA debit card or MasterCard.

Is it not CPW policy that they only ship mainland UK?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I know UK retailers can confirm whether an AIB visa credit card is irish based on card number. I believe they can not do so with AIB VISA debit card or MasterCard.

Quote from their website. Tempted to just try and order with my Visa Debit to be honest, just to try.

We deliver to:

England
    Scotland
    Wales
    Northern Ireland
    The Channel Islands (there's more info below)
    We can't deliver to:

Billing addresses outside the UK (but we do deliver to the Channel Islands).
    The British Forces Post Office. Please visit the British Forces Post Office website for more help.
    PO boxes, educational establishments, hospitals, MOD establishments or work addresses that aren't on our database.

Avantcard Visa (formerly MBNA)
    I'm not sure. There is conflicting information on their website.

In the shopping basket you see the message:
    "FREE delivery to you (UK mainland only)"

But when you look in
    Online Help -> Deliveries -> Where we deliver to
    it lists Northern Ireland as a valid delivery destination.
    This can be double-checked by entering the Parcel Motel post code in the section:
    Delivery options available -> Click here to see if this service is available for your postcode

I might make one last attempt and get a friend in the UK to order it for me using their UK credit card and to deliver to my Parcel Motel address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I stand corrected, knew people had bother with CPW and PM over the last year.
    Looks like its the PO box part causing the issue and not the NI part.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I bought mine in Newry on Saturday, I couldn't resist at the price, sure they had difficulty finding Co Dublin as a postcode when taking my details for warranty.... :P

Quote from their website. Tempted to just try and order with my Visa Debit to be honest, just to try.
    Ah. So you reckon the PO Box exclusion will cause problems? I wonder if that applies to Parcel Motel. Is a mail forwarding depot the same as a PO Box? I would have thought that the reason for not delivering to PO Boxes is that the deliveries require a signature. Parcel Motel would handle all that sort of thing surely.

It would be a pity if CW views Parcel Motel as a PO Box. If so, then that's Parcel Motel off the table as an option. Although when I spoke with the customer service agent in CW she only said the credit card post code was flagged as incorrect. She didn't mention anything about the delivery address.

I'll see if my UK mate can put the order through for me and see what happens. Might be third time lucky!

• Advertisement

I think its the cc billing address they have an issue with and not the delivery address.
    Pm billing address being rejected by our banks. Anyone ever had success calling the bank and getting them to add pm as a valid billing address?

Advertisement