Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin 2600 meet first Friday of each month

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

Is there a meeting on the 2/06/05 as im interested in turning up for a look and a quiet pint mabe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 adtw

Hey, just wonderin if 2600 meeting is on on 4th of August (this friday)? 2 of us thinkin of turning up anyway.. anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 TheJester

Yes, the 2600 meets still go ahead on the first friday of every month.
    Visit dublin.2600.ie for details

Jester
    2600Member

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

so..how was the turnout for yesterdays 4th anniversary? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭bugs90

Is this still happening??? Are many people actually attending?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭DaSilva

bugs90 wrote:
    Is this still happening??? Are many people actually attending?

Wondering the same myself, typical that I only find the thread a day after it happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭robfitz

bugs90 wrote:
    Is this still happening???

Yes, every month.
    bugs90 wrote:
    Are many people actually attending?

The numbers can vary a bit.

As usual a group of technology enthusiasts will be meeting up on Friday evening for technology related chat and discussion, over some food and later a few drinks. If you would like to join in, please present yourself outside of Tower Records on Wicklow Street, Dublin 2 on Friday at 7pm.

Dublin 2600

Meetup outside of Tower Records on Wicklow Street, Dublin 2 on Friday 6th of April at 7pm.

Dublin 2600

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

I went to this months meeting. Have to say it was very enjoyable and relaxed and went on for quite a while. Will definitely be going again - work permitting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I havn't been to one of these is years..., I most head along to the next one.
    Are any of the old heads still going?

BOFH_139 wrote:
    Are any of the old heads still going?

It's hard to know I don't recognise the nick. We have a good mix off people who've been going for years and people who'll be going for the first time.

Anyway the meeting is this Friday 6th of July, meetup outside Tower Records at 7pm. Everybody's welcome.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

robfitz wrote:
    It's hard to know I don't recognise the nick. We have a good mix off people who've been going for years and people who'll be going for the first time.

Anyway the meeting is this Friday 6th of July, meetup outside Tower Records at 7pm. Everybody's welcome.

Even I turned up again last month :p

The next meeting is tonight if anybody wants to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭conor2007

eh ye , can ya leave at any time ?
    cos i wanna go , just its friday and i wanna go home too

any unix users there , i wanna see ubuntu running before i possibly get it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

It's fairly informal so you can wander out at any time

not sure if anyone would be running ubuntu though

best thing to do is get the ubuntu CD and boot from it, remember it will run a LOT faster if you install it on a hard drive,
    If you want keep windows too with dual boot best way is to free up space on the HDD by resizing the windows partition but head over to the unix forum for more on that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭conor2007

okay
    wud anyone being runnin osx ?
    or is it ll windows??????????????

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 computerdoc

Hi there, Im new to this forum. When you meet is it to discuss new technology's & day to day buiness, Do you have to bring a laptop & how many meet on average ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 tdr

Hi there, Im new to this forum. When you meet is it to discuss new technology's & day to day buiness, Do you have to bring a laptop & how many meet on average ?
    Its a good mix between whats new and day to day.No need to bring a laptop,The amount of people that goes can vary from month to month.
    Come along to the next meet and there will be one more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭pieface_ie

Sounds intresting as computerdoc said what is the general break down of the meetings?

Wouldn't mind attending,do the more experienced crowd enlighten the newer people on issues or methods that are common practice today?

Am intrested in all forms of computer security.

• Advertisement

There is no formal agenda to the meets, its mostly just food, drinks and a chat. Feel free to ask people questions, there is a wide range of people that attends the meets , and some one will know the answer.
    Some people like to bring the things they have been working on recently . eg some thing they have made or hacked together, or a new toy they have bought.The meeting is on this week if you are interested incoming along.
    More info at http://dublin.2600.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kinesthetic

have the meetings changed since the Hackerspace meetings have started?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Not really.
    The next meeting is Friday the 5th of June

they haven't changed a lot of people go to both .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Sound interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Irish_polizei

test test

Anybody here heading to the next meeting?

Think I should revisit this after the what 10 years I lost....

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    Anybody here heading to the next meeting?

I will be at the next meet , about 10 to 15 people go to the meets now

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    ttp://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055154306

• Advertisement

The Next Meeting is this Friday!!!!

Advertisement