Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wet and Windy Friday-Saturday(14th-15th), Potential Flooding.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭RoisinD

Temp currently 11.4. Winds gusting to mid 50's (mph) so nothing we don't see fairly regularly. Rainfall in past 24 hours 55.4.

Nth west Clare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Unimpressive tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

mike65 wrote: »
    Unimpressive tbh.

Is there any form of weather left that can impress you?

:rolleyes:

Well I'm sorry but I was expecting something more substaintial than a standard winter wet 'n windy night & day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,958 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Well I'm sorry but I was expecting something more substaintial than a standard winter wet 'n windy night & day.

why? with maximum gusts of 65 mph predicted it was only ever going to be a standard winter depression. 60 mph gusts during winter are no big deal for coastal areas.

is it that you are underwhelmed by the rainfall totals rather than wind?

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Flew home first thing this morning for the weekend, was a fun landing :D The wings on the plane were flapping like bird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Rainfall totals at met eireann synoptic stations since midnight (up to 12pm)

143466.jpg

Claremorris 12hr total now over 20mm, yet Mace Head by the coast only on 3.0mm! Generally between 5mm and 10mm over the rest of the country so far.

Data c/o:
    met eireann
    Irish Weather Network

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Unimpressive tbh.

Felt like the worst storm in a long time in South Dublin. The gusts where very violent and the roof and internal structure of the house were making noises I have never heard them before - an assortment of loud bangs cracks thuds and creaking noises. Also looks like we may lose a tree in the garden through a combination of wind and ground saturation :( I hope the wind dies down soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Feckin' mad in Cork - woken up several times during the night. The fact my street is like a wind tunnel didn't help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

There was something different about last nights storm. It's like it spent 4 or 5 hours last night trying to suck the roof off the house in between trying to blow it off :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

Weather Warning

Issued at 14 January 2011 - 21:54
    Weather Warning
    Widespread rain during Saturday 15th January, with 15 to 30mm accumulating widely. In western parts of Connaught and Munster 30 to 50mm of rain is expected, with up to 80mm possible in the Cork and Kerry mountains

Is there still a band of rain on the way to produce these rainfall totals from ME

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

Was pretty bad in Galway City last night and still is this afternoon.It started off with little twigs and other debris hitting the skylight last night.Then it seemed to be bigger bits,possibily small branches of nearby trees hitting it.Was waiting for the whole tree to uproot.I like a good storm like that:).

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

Wind is still quite strong here in Tipp but the rain has eased off a lot.
    10.4C, mild enough but nothing exceptional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭je55ie

Really bad last night in kerry and still going strong, lot of flooding too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Not too bad here in Waterford. Only 9mm of rain since midnight but wind is strong in gusts. Unfortunately my station is semi blocked to SW winds so not get accurate readings on wind speeds today. Wind is strong though.

Rain readings taken from www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Is there any form of weather left that can impress you?

:rolleyes:

i would love a lightning fest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Lots of rain and strong winds, pretty standard winter storm though considering I grew up on the west coast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Timistry

Very wet and windy day in Kerry. Its rained all night and for most of the day. Its lashing down now. The mountain roads are impassible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭je55ie

Timistry wrote: »
    Very wet and windy day in Kerry. Its rained all night and for most of the day. Its lashing down now. The mountain roads are impassible

Yea I agree, its been a very bad day in Kerry, serious flooding at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,527 ✭✭✭irishgeo

whats up with buoy m1 and M2, they haven't reported in a while.

• Advertisement

A few decent gusts now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,958 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Tipping it down for the last three hours.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Some severe gusts here in Waterford City in the last 15 mins, really picking up speed now. Temp a really mild 10.8c

More Detail @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

Indeed! I can hear the sofits creak!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭Rougies

Indeed! I can hear the sofits creak!

At first I was like :confused:
    And then google asked me: Did you mean: soffit
    And then I was like :cool:

(I always knew them as "eaves" :o)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

And today is absolutely beautiful - sunny, calm and still. Could not be more different to the quite nuts weather from Friday evening to late last night.

Advertisement