Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seed golf ball

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Been using for 3 weeks now. SD02.

Using pro v1 x beforehand.

Really like everything about them. Finally got up for two wins in the last two weeks in my club over the last 8 days. I'm in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭benny79

Seve OB wrote: »

Yeah really nice bloke I actually met him collect some last year for society as they work out of Carlow college. I think the a super ball and great valve for money. There pricing is a bit confusing though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭coillcam

I got an email from Seed recently and they've started crowdfunding for investment. Might be of interest to some.

More info here: https://seedgolf.club/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Be interested in seeing the financials. There was no indication in the details sent at what level they value the compny

Sounds like cashing in. And will steer well clear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Be interested in seeing the financials. There was no indication in the details sent at what level they value the compny

Sounds like cashing in. And will steer well clear

Feel and liquidity ratios are the main factors in choosing a ball for me as well...

10% seems like a fairly small discount for investing 1k!!

How do you feel about their market liquidity!!

Never availed of EIS despite been eligible. Seems like a very risky investment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭coillcam

gypsy79 wrote: »
    10% seems like a fairly small discount for investing 1k!!

How do you feel about their market liquidity!!

Never availed of EIS despite been eligible. Seems like a very risky investment

The tax rebate is what really makes these propositions attractive I guess. There's no financials available as you've already pointed out. Would like to know more from the company tbh.

There's some info here but not a lot to go on (€2.5m valuation, €250k investment round so 10% of the company): https://www.thestartupcrowdfund.com/product/seed-golf-2/

coillcam wrote: »
    The tax rebate is what really makes these propositions attractive I guess. There's no financials available as you've already pointed out. Would like to know more from the company tbh.

There's some info here but not a lot to go on (€2.5m valuation, €250k investment round so 10% of the company): https://www.thestartupcrowdfund.com/product/seed-golf-2/

There is also a simultaneous process to sell 1m of investment

Revenue of 250k per annum seems very very low. Projecting to 11m+

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭blue note

How many more balls and companies are out there like seed? You've obviously got the main brands like titleist, Taylor made, etc. But then you've got the other cheap premium ball options like snell and vice. Snell have Dean snell behind them so that'll always make them desirable. And vice seem to be properly established. Seed would have a long way to go to catch up with them. But I'm pretty sure there are quite a few balls of similar quality to seed. And I don't know how they're going to convince people to buy them over the others.

I really like the balls, I like the packaging and how the company comes across in general. But I could just imagine them never getting to the stage where they're making money.

• Advertisement

I wonder what way the golf ball market is actually broken down in terms of what all the different golfers look for in a ball. I imagine there are

Those who want the best and don't really care about price. They'll buy prov1s, or possibly one of the other leading brands. They won't chance an up and comer just in case there's a difference.

You'll have people who want the prov1 but to pay for it. They might be buying the refurbished or lake prov1s. You might convert them to seed or the like.

You'll have people looking for the best stuff at the best price, so the likes of seed, vice, snell. Judging by how many you find on the course, there aren't too many of these people. Either that or they don't lose balls.

You'll have the people buying the cheapest option. So judging by the amount of pinnacles, ultras,etc that you find there are a lot of these people.

And I'd say the most common category of golf ball buyer is the guy buying the cheaper options from the main brands. So the srixon soft feel, titleist velocity, callaway warbird, etc. These are cheaper than the seeds or the like, it'll be hard to get these guys to switch.

While the likes of seeds aren't really suitable for most golfers, there are still plenty of people who would be potential buyers. But I just don't know how you get them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,354 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

coillcam wrote: »

Looks like they've filed a three years accounts with the CRO. Also a few share issues over the past few years and an Auditor Resignation.

https://core.cro.ie/e-commerce/company/629910

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Looks like they've filed a three years accounts with the CRO. Also a few share issues over the past few years and an Auditor Resignation.

https://core.cro.ie/e-commerce/company/629910

Probably should be noted/just for anyone who might be alarmed by that... any time you decide to change your auditor, the previous auditor has to resign.

PARlance wrote: »
    Probably should be noted/just for anyone who might be alarmed by that... any time you decide to change your auditor, the previous auditor has to resign.

Unless they received some government/IDA funding then there would have been no need for an Auditor either. So they either elected to have the accounts audited for a period of time or it was a condition of something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,068 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Unless they received some government/IDA funding then there would have been no need for an Auditor either. So they either elected to have the accounts audited for a period of time or it was a condition of something else.

Plenty of reasons to have an auditor.

Possible they didn’t file b1 on time. Maybe they just wanted one for their own reasons

Seve OB wrote: »
    Plenty of reasons to have an auditor.

Possible they didn’t file b1 on time. Maybe they just wanted one for their own reasons

All the accounts and B1s were filed on time.

All the accounts and B1s were filed on time.

As Seve says, plenty of other reasons to have an auditor. (if I was a betting man I would say that they've received Government funding, think it came up about them before)

The original point stands though, an auditor "resigning" isn't something to necessarily be alarmed about, it happens all them time when a company decides to change its auditor.

For e.g. if they're looking for funding there's a good chance they may have wanted to switch from a small local accountant to a larger firm with more expertise in the area of fundraising.

You don't necessarily have to have an auditor if you receive government funding from the likes of EI.

As Seve says, plenty of other reasons to have an auditor. (if I was a betting man I would say that they've received Government funding, think it came up about them before)

The original point stands though, an auditor "resigning" isn't something to necessarily be alarmed about, it happens all them time when a company decides to change its auditor.

I said all that in my second post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Feel and liquidity ratios are the main factors in choosing a ball for me as well...

Distance of the tee, good backspin, and consistent and timely filing of b1 and other pertinent documentation for me :D

Advertisement