Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seed golf ball

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Exactly wrote: »
    Decided to order a dozen SD 01 and see what they were like. Ordered at 4:30 yesterday and have just arrived in the post today.

Well I chipped in for birdie twice on the front 9 of my first round with them, so no pressure.

I did also lose about 3 of them on the front 9.

PARlance wrote: »
    Well I chipped in for birdie twice on the front 9 of my first round with them, so no pressure.

That sounds about right :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,841 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

They really are like pro v1s so........like magnets to the water and OB them things, especially when they are fresh from the box

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Rippeditup

Seve OB wrote: »
    They really are like pro v1s so........like magnets to the water and OB them things, especially when they are fresh from the box

They do look great sitting just out of reach in a lake though,.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,569 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I remember those DDH balls from years ago.
    We used to call them Drains, Ditches and Hedges.

• Advertisement

Nearly holed out for eagle on my first hole 😂

3 birdies and 1 lost ball.

Will take a few more rounds but couldn't find any fault with ball compared to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

I got a great deal on Chrome Softs in McGuirks last year after playing TP5s for a while.
    I've been playing the SD05s a while now, as good as the chrome softs were.
    Great to be supporting an Irish business (even if manufacturing is taking place in Asia)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Got a dozen SD-05 today, will bring them for a spin this evening. Few imperfections on the finish that you would find on a more well known ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭willabur

Few imperfections on the finish that you would find on a more well known ball.

come again?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

willabur wrote: »
    come again?

Wouldn't find sorry. Just to clarify they are very minor, like a tiny bit of plastic left over from the mold.

I'm also inspected them more closely then I would a normal call, IT Carlow being my Alma Mater and all that.

I don't think it will make a difference to my game as I'm a very high handicapper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭willabur

Wouldn't find sorry. Just to clarify they are very minor, like a tiny bit of plastic left over from the mold.

I'm also inspected them more closely then I would a normal call, IT Carlow being my Alma Mater and all that.

I don't think it will make a difference to my game as I'm a very high handicapper.

ah ok, got you :)

The manufacturing process with alot of golf balls was called into question by mygolfspy recently. They have named callaway as having a particularly problematic quality issues in their manufacturing processes. Something Callaway in fairness to them put their hands up last year and said it was something they were addressing.

I bought 6 boxes of chromsoft last year before I heard about these issues. Really wish I hadn't - the problems in the internal moulding and the lack of concentricity of the layers is impossible to see without cutting the ball open. And what use is that??

Played 12 holes with them their. Will defo be buying more.

Not because of performance but because I lost a load of them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

... IT Carlow being my Alma Mater and all that...
    Played 12 holes with them their. Will defo be buying more.

Not because of performance but because I lost a load of them.

lol, not sure which I find funnier, post #2 by a whisker

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

Ordered 3 dozen yesterday plus tees at 4pm. Cost €84 plus free postage and have just been delivered now. Unreal service. Looking forward to trying them out over the weekend

I ordered 5 dozen starter pack. Was expecting 1 bag of tees but I did get the 5. Fantastic deal for €100.

2 rounds in and I just can’t Break the tees! Been using just the driver ones, really impressed. Normally would have used pride tees which are good but while you might get a few hits out of them theY do break much easier

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭big_drive

Is the starter pack a once off payment?

Or must you commit to a regular payment, etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

big_drive wrote: »
    Is the starter pack a once off payment?

Or must you commit to a regular payment, etc?

You can get it and then cancel it after. Default is a monthly delivery iirc.

You can get it and then cancel it after. Default is a monthly delivery iirc.

Yes monthly, every other month or every 3 months. I dropped it to every 3 months. I hope not to loose that many balls between September so I will probably cancel. Actually I should hope to get through the winter with them all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Yes monthly, every other month or every 3 months. I dropped it to every 3 months. I hope not to loose that many balls between September so I will probably cancel. Actually I should hope to get through the winter with them all

Not playing enough golf!!

2 rounds max from them

I ordered 5 dozen starter pack. Was expecting 1 bag of tees but I did get the 5. Fantastic deal for €100.

2 rounds in and I just can’t Break the tees! Been using just the driver ones, really impressed. Normally would have used pride tees which are good but while you might get a few hits out of them theY do break much easier

I broke tonnes of the tees at the weekend but see how did I score in last round thread

I broke and lost everything I brought with me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,073 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Not playing enough golf!!

2 rounds max from them

I used one on Saturday and it did seem to scuff pretty badly, it also didnt seem to spin as well as I was expecting.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

If you want to get rid of a dozen, i'll take them off you

GreeBo wrote: »
    I used one on Saturday and it did seem to scuff pretty badly, it also didnt seem to spin as well as I was expecting.

Which ball were you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Been meaning to try these out for a long time. Trying vice ones at the moment but delivery is over 2 weeks so staying local should be a good option. Got the starter pack to try, will post back after I use them for a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 27,073 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Exactly wrote: »
    Which ball were you using?

I'd have to go root in the bag later and check, it was a pretty much brand new seed though.

GreeBo wrote: »
    I'd have to go root in the bag later and check, it was a pretty much brand new seed though.

If it were the 15 then they are muck balls

Worse than most find me balls

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Dbu

Ordered SD-02 in November @ €25 per doz, Now €35 per doz. Must be popular.....................

Dbu wrote: »
    Ordered SD-02 in November @ €25 per doz, Now €35 per doz. Must be popular.....................

Still 25 if you do subscription

And eh you can always cancel subscription

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭newport2

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Still 25 if you do subscription

And eh you can always cancel subscription

20% off first order too. I ordered 2 dozen and then another 2 dozen to be delivered in 3 months. €90 for 4 dozen balls and 2 bags of tees with free shipping is pretty hard to beat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭benny79

SD 01 = Pro v1

SD 02 = Pro v1x

They do scruff a but more then Pro v's but not that much at half the price would you really complain.. The cheaper ones are dirt and not aimed at serious golfers.

I personally think they are excellent and great valve. Love the line on them too for lining up your putts.

Advertisement