Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cats

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,308 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

tunguska wrote: »
    Has anyone actually watched this? I know the reviews are bad but Im curious to see if its as awful as all that. Sure look, I'll go see it tonight and report back.

Be careful. We know curiosity and cats have a dodgy history with each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

tunguska wrote: »
    Has anyone actually watched this? I know the reviews are bad but Im curious to see if its as awful as all that. Sure look, I'll go see it tonight and report back.

I saw it and, yea, People are just internet mob bandwagon jumping and regurgitating the same "ohh its a horror, My eyes" to get their fake internet points.

I loved Cats as a kid. Its a ridiculous story with people dressed as cats. They always had human faces and human hands. I saw several plays of it and the weird sexy body hugging suits were always there. so... I'm honestly wondering what people were expecting from teh big screen adaptation?

The dancing and choreography was amazing. Francesca Hayward was a delight and wow, what an incredible dancer. Its a shame they tried moving the spotlight from her to taylor swift ( to the point of giving one of her songs to Taylor to re-do as an extra track on the sountrack).

Yes It had James Cordon and Rebel Wilson who I really dont like in general but they were actually cast well for their cat characters.

The songs were great, they're just the songs from the musical... again, what were people expecting?

The scenery is reminiscent of theater style backdrops with almost comical takes on sizing.

So yea.. I loved every minute of it. I get some people don't get it and hate on it but thats their loss.

Advertisement