Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
16-12-2015, 08:59   #46
liv1892
Registered User
 
liv1892's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 72
Anyone heard anything yet?
liv1892 is offline  
Advertisement
16-12-2015, 13:59   #47
brianp20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 61
I've heard nothing yet but I was told it should be this week. I'm not sure how true that is because at the interview I was told they might not contact us until after Christmas.
brianp20 is offline  
Thanks from:
16-12-2015, 15:22   #48
liv1892
Registered User
 
liv1892's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianp20 View Post
I've heard nothing yet but I was told it should be this week. I'm not sure how true that is because at the interview I was told they might not contact us until after Christmas.
Probably won't until after I'd say anyway was just wondering
liv1892 is offline  
06-01-2016, 10:50   #49
liv1892
Registered User
 
liv1892's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 72
Still nothing! They're drawing it out a bit.
liv1892 is offline  
06-01-2016, 11:37   #50
brianp20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 61
It's pretty frustrating. Hopefully we'll get word by the end of the week.

Out of interest, how do you think your interview went?
brianp20 is offline  
Advertisement
06-01-2016, 11:45   #51
liv1892
Registered User
 
liv1892's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianp20 View Post
It's pretty frustrating. Hopefully we'll get word by the end of the week.

Out of interest, how do you think your interview went?
I thought I did well to be honest but as time goes on I am doubting myself. I was wondering if we did get the job would we be subsidized for travel expenses and that if we had to go a long distance would you know? How do you think you did?
liv1892 is offline  
06-01-2016, 12:02   #52
brianp20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by liv1892 View Post
I thought I did well to be honest but as time goes on I am doubting myself. I was wondering if we did get the job would we be subsidized for travel expenses and that if we had to go a long distance would you know? How do you think you did?
I'm in the same boat. After the interview I was satisfied with it but now I'm wondering was I just happy because the interview was over! Doubt is creeping in and that's why the wait is so frustrating.

I'm not sure about travel expenses, I haven't thought that far yet.
brianp20 is offline  
06-01-2016, 12:05   #53
liv1892
Registered User
 
liv1892's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianp20 View Post
I'm in the same boat. After the interview I was satisfied with it but now I'm wondering was I just happy because the interview was over! Doubt is creeping in and that's why the wait is so frustrating.

I'm not sure about travel expenses, I haven't thought that far yet.
Ya the wait is killing all hope really.

It was just something that was said to me by a friend so I said I'd ask and see if anyone knew anything. Hopefully this doesn't drag on much longer.
liv1892 is offline  
06-01-2016, 12:08   #54
brianp20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by liv1892 View Post
Ya the wait is killing all hope really.

It was just something that was said to me by a friend so I said I'd ask and see if anyone knew anything. Hopefully this doesn't drag on much longer.
I know someone that might know about the expenses so I'll try and find out later and let you.

Even if we get positive news from this interview there's still a second one to follow.
brianp20 is offline  
Advertisement
06-01-2016, 12:11   #55
liv1892
Registered User
 
liv1892's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianp20 View Post
I know someone that might know about the expenses so I'll try and find out later and let you.

Even if we get positive news from this interview there's still a second one to follow.
I don't think there is because they cut it down so much from the aptitude tests to only 30 so they wouldn't have to do second interviews.
liv1892 is offline  
06-01-2016, 12:16   #56
brianp20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by liv1892 View Post
I don't think there is because they cut it down so much from the aptitude tests to only 30 so they wouldn't have to do second interviews.
I was told at the interview that it I was successful there would be a second interview. I remember my stomach sinking when they told me. Did they say different to you?
brianp20 is offline  
06-01-2016, 12:17   #57
liv1892
Registered User
 
liv1892's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianp20 View Post
I was told at the interview that it I was successful there would be a second interview. I remember my stomach sinking when they told me. Did they say different to you?
No. Which apprenticeship were you going for?
liv1892 is offline  
06-01-2016, 12:21   #58
brianp20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by liv1892 View Post
No. Which apprenticeship were you going for?
Electrician. You?
brianp20 is offline  
06-01-2016, 12:22   #59
liv1892
Registered User
 
liv1892's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianp20 View Post
Electrician. You?
The same.
liv1892 is offline  
06-01-2016, 14:11   #60
Waestrel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 538
no word for me either - dont worry lads, it'llbe along. Big wheels move slowly.

As a matter of interest, what ages are you guys? im 32, so surely I am quite old for an apprenticeship.
Waestrel is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet