Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

Home alone again. Considered heading to the pub around 9 but I do love my downtime. Just finished John Wick, gonna do a Sopranos I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Finished off takeaway (shredded chilli chicken, noodles, rice and veg) Now couchside watching Graham Norton on +1. Soon to bed. Night all.

Bedside, was on the couch since 6pm sleeping and waking, every bone is aching, can barely move my fingers and cant stop coughing, can't remember when I last felt this sick or weak,hoping that I feel some bit better tomorrow, have a headache that wont shift either, light a candle lads.😥

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Duvet you need a duvet day to yourself. Would you have flu? I have awful rheumatics in my hands this weather. Hope you feel better soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

heading to bed, yesterday was a better day thankfully :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭votecounts

Couchside, watching the last episode of gotham and then be heading off to bed.
    Night all.:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sweet dreams all 💤 💤 😴😴

• Registered Users Posts: 10,044 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I had talked before about my friend who had a heart attack while on a flight to Germany and died, tonight I got a link to a book written about him by his brother and available on Amazon, I quickly purchased it and then had the fun task of copying every page and translating it from Spanish to English using google. It was a short and interesting read, but it was sad in a way just how little his family knew about his existence in his work environment, in the 15 years that he lived here, they never came to visit at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,044 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

In our winter city, we finally moved to another more modern hotel, so I know find myself sitting in a massive suite, two bathrooms, 2 TV’s, 2 work tables, a dining table for 6, jacuzzi bathtub.... and this is before I get to go an investigate the rest of the facilities. I might actually love staying here this winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

^ that sounds like you need a few of us to visit you ;)

Morning all :)

Happy Sunday!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Very snug on the couch under a duvet. Not gonna move.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Snug Bumbóg here too ... gotta love Sunday mornings!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

It's a breakfast in bed day for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

It's a breakfast in bed day for me.

Same here.

Separate beds before rumours start.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Morning All.
    Couchside with a nice mug of coffee.
    Hope you are feeling better today Duvet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,808 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

..to win just once against the odds, for once be smiled on by the gods, to run with speed along the track, break the tape and not look back...

Morning all,

It's a fairly clear sunny spells morning 7C

Temp couchside with coffee, would like to have slept a bit longer ....the weekly grill in a while when I'll have two attendants at my feet..(I may put on a rasher and sausage for them :D)

Have a nice one folks :)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kitchen side......all the key players have been assembled......

https://i.imgur.com/qJ9j8UO.jpg

Room side on coffee number 2.......used a different bean, Lavazza instead of ethiopian bean....I can feel the caffeine in my veins and the loopy headiness starting 🤪🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Room side on coffee number 2.......used a different bean, Lavazza instead of ethiopian bean....I can feel the caffeine in my veins and the loopy headiness starting 🀪🀪

Duvet may need some tlc today ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,808 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

used a different bean, Lavazza instead of ethiopian bean....I can feel the caffeine in my veins and the loopy headiness starting 🤪🤪

Seph myself and Srameen recommend Robert Roberts Java, Brian Boru drank it on the way to Clontarf :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,835 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Room side on coffee number 2.......used a different bean, Lavazza instead of ethiopian bean....I can feel the caffeine in my veins and the loopy headiness starting 🀪🀪

Think we all could do with a mug of your coffee Seph !
    Coffee time , on a go slow here this morning feck it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

On planet zx9 Buffalo fishing.

Still alive lol..pains much improved ,got up a few times during the night due to the cough ,back in the leaba after 3 coffees so far,just Maxwell House,if only someone nearby would make me something nicer....

Plan is to go and do a quick grocery shop,small bit of retail therapy and watch a local final that I hope is being shown on TV,couldn't even look at wine all week but I think that's changing which is a good gauge of my recovery 😛this time last week I was in a tshirt having an absolute blast ,what a difference a week makes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Tea and water by the gallon here

Autosport wrote: »
    Duvet may need some tlc today ;)

Doctor sephers is here 🤪🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Tea and water by the gallon here

Lyons tea, I would hope....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

RMAOK wrote: »
    Lyons tea, I would hope....

Always and ever

Still alive lol..pains much improved ,got up a few times during the night due to the cough ,back in the leaba after 3 coffees so far,just Maxwell House,if only someone nearby would make me something nicer....

If only indeed 😏😏

😛

• Registered Users Posts: 16,422 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Awakeside, after nearing 12 hours sleep. Feel great for it too! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Duvat Day, I've been dreadfully sick with the same thing too. Totally taken off my feet.

Basically I began to come down with a sore chest and throat on the 7th and more or less ignored it.

Then I'd to run a 10k road race on the 9th, I actually walked to the start line drinking a Lemsip!.

Usually a 10k is a breeze to me and tbh the first 5 or 6km were fine but at the 8th km marker I was falling way back in the field and feeling dreadful.

At one stage a medical car pulled in beside me and asked if I needed assistance!!.

Anway that wiped me out but because we're so short staffed in work I had to keep going. Long story short I had to get my repeat prescription on Friday and the second my doc seen me he insisted on an examination and put me on antibiotics.

I haven't been sick in over ten years and told him I didn't want antibiotics (this is the bit I'm getting to for you).. He said everyone was down with the same bug and its not clearing without meds.

This is my third day on and I'm feeling great. Just back from a kilometer swim and easing back into the running tomorrow.

So it seems we can't do this without antibiotics, hope you're feeling better soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement