Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,961 ✭✭✭DenMan

Can't wait, really looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Hurray!

Just saw the ad for it, came on to post but was beaten to it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Yayy didnt see the ad. Himself will be delighted;)

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭twill

Starting on Monday! Can't wait.

This week's schedule: Monday 9 p.m., Wednesday 8 p.m., Friday 8.05 p.m.

Monday! :rolleyes:

It's turning into a telly marathon in my house on Mondays

Pointless/HOG, break for tea and the 6-One (Bad) News if I can bear to watch - then quiz night on BBC2 7.30-9, and now MC at 9.

I'll be a square-eyed zombie by the end of it!

• Advertisement

Well, they fairly came out of the traps swinging tonight!!!

(to mix a few metaphors)

Strong start. Hope it bodes well for the series.

Winner for me from the first sections was that cauldron of fried rice - I'd have gone head first into that no problem! :D

Don't they usually put three though at this stage? I presume they're expediting the competition, but it's a shame Mike didn't get another chance. Or maybe I'm just biased because I was drooling over his dessert.

Great start, though. Tom really looks as if he knows exactly what he's doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,380 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Doesn't Tom have a bit on advantage being a Restaurant manager?

twill wrote: »
    Starting on Monday! Can't wait.

This week's schedule: Monday 9 p.m., Wednesday 8 p.m., Friday 8.05 p.m.
    Twill posted this above, seems like 3 times weekly.

I'm sure there used to be six per initial round in this (but there's so many variations at this stage I could well be wrong) - maybe numbers are down for distancing purposes?

Anyway, it can surely only all go downhill from here! Some of those dishes last night you'd be impressed with in a final round, never mind the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,961 ✭✭✭DenMan

Really good start. It's on again tomorrow night.

• Advertisement

Lordy, I've indigestion just hearing about that first dish tonight!! But my god it sounds fabulous!!

Oh dear, there's not a lot of places to hide with a raw Beef Wellington .....

Uh oh..... I fear not-quite cooked pork belly and unrendered fat on the rack of lamb...... hope they prove me wrong!

I had to rewind to make sure I saw what I thought I saw...... the half-Thai girl (haven't got the hang of the names yet) pouring cream from one glass measuring jug into another apparently identical glass measuring jug.... wtf was that in aid of? :confused:

I'm guessing (and hoping!) that the Scottish lady will excel at this task!

Grace looks as badly in need of covid-times haircare as I am these days! :D

Can any of them see beyond sticky toffee pudding? :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Grace's wobble on the way in would defo beat any panna cotta :D

The Master wrote: »
    I actually thought she was very restrained (in every sense of the word!) this time - she must have invested in some good (or better) scaffolding during lockdown :D

Ah, delighted for Laura, hope she gets through - I have a feeling she could go far.

And that upside-down cake looks DIVINE!!!

• Advertisement

Ah brilliant!

Great decision - once they'd decided to put Tom through I was afraid one of those two would have to go, and they're definitely both my favourites!

That was a high standard week!

Just caught up, thought Wednesday's episode was dull but the quarter final certainly made up for it. Some excellent cooks in the semi finals already.

Irini (from 2019, I think) is judging in the next episode. Nice to see her back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭Poochie05

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I actually thought she was very restrained (in every sense of the word!) this time - she must have invested in some good (or better) scaffolding during lockdown :D

Ha ha I was thinking the same, even wondered would people on this thread notice! :D
    Tough competition last night. I think Tom is one to watch but the Scottish lady is pretty good too. I like Medeeha, but hate to watch the messy way she cooks, although the end results look fab

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

twill wrote: »
    but it's a shame Mike didn't get another chance. .

Am a bit behind but yep. The tears came upon the other wan who got through at a very opportune time.... wonder if the same would have been the case if the camera wasn't there?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

The Master wrote: »

She is on mastermind now on bbc!

Culinary success clearly suits Irini - she looks YEARS younger than she did when she was in the competition!

Stefan's food presentation just annoys me (not as much as all the raw meat would, though!). All those artfully placed leaves. He strikes me as style over substance. Let's see if his dish for the previous winners is any better....

The Scottish girl seems like a solid prospect (Scotland doing very well so far this series!)

She is on mastermind now on bbc!

She was absolutely terrified!! :D

Interesting to see that, when her usual persona is haughtily intimidating the contestants (although I am warming to her more and more as time goes on - one of us is clearly getting soft as we age!!)

OMG, poor Alicia...... she had such potential, but can she survive that much lateness?? What a disaster!

This might be nit-picking on my part (and in fairness might be down to how the show was edited) - but Michele seems to have spent the best part of her 1hr15 waiting for her one-pot dish to cook, taking it out at literally the last minute - and then plated it up in two dishes afterwards.

Bit unfair, given that everyone else had to have their two plates done when Greg calls time......

And John was right, she could have used all that time to do something, anything else.

That indian chicken dish looks DELICIOUS!!!

• Advertisement

Anyone else getting really sick of all the Mama/Nonna/Dad/childhood/growing up stories for their dishes?

I'd love someone to come on and just say "I'm doing this because it's a really impressive dish, I can do it really well, and I think it might get me through"

Advertisement