Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Honor - US Pace -Showtime - (**Spoilers**)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Only finished this the other night, it really fizzled out after a reasonably decent start....would have probably stopped watching it a few episodes from the end but the missus was into it amd Cranston's performance just about made it watchable.....the rest of the cast was utterly wasted or just rubbish, and the plot jumped the shark about five episodes in.

**MINOR SPOILERS AHEAD**

Main gripe was easily the son....either the actor was really bad or he was brilliant and was told to act like an complete brain dead eejit.

What dafuq was he doing in the courtroom??

Why would he dump the hot teacher for the sister of the guy he just killed?? And why did she look like she was about 30 despite supposedly being in highschool??? She actually looked older than the teacher now that I think about it :-)

There's probably a dozen other plot holes I could point out but overall this was a colossal waste of talent, time and money

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

What a moron the son was in particular - his constant mistakes were needed just to push the hacky plot along. Well the finale I suppose was good if only because:
    Idiot son died.

Very disappointing overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,378 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I can't believe how old Maura Tierney as the DA looks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

yabadabado wrote: »
    No significance at all from what I could gather.

I was half expecting it to come out that Michael had her bumped off, it wouldn't have been the most ludicrous thing in the show.

Did they ever explain how or why she got murdered, I know she having an affair but doesn't explain her death?
    Overall enjoyed it though Adam was extraordinarily annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I knew she looked familiar but never copped it was her .

• Advertisement

Luckycharm wrote: »
    Did they ever explain how or why she got murdered, I know she having an affair but doesn't explain her death?

No I don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Luckycharm wrote: »

she was shot in a crossfire in a gangland feud, whilst working as a photographer

• Registered Users Posts: 16,348 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Finished it last night, that Adam was an annoying little twat.

Seemingly there is talk of a S2 but its hard to see where the story can go after what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Seemingly there is talk of a S2 but its hard to see where the story can go after what happened.

It's easy, just think of any number of stupid plot directions, throw a few contrivances in and you have a 2nd season

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭The_Dave

I cannot believe how much worse that final episode made an already terrible series go. An educated man can't find a way to get into a restaurant, stop:o:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

Dreadful series. Plot was all over the place and completely unbelievable. As others have said, the son was so annoying. Stuck it out until the end to see what happens, but overall it was a complete waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

still looks good imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Finished this last night.

It had an awful lot of potential and the first couple of episodes were brilliant, but overall it faded very quickly thereafter.

Most disappointing thing about the whole show was Clay Davis not saying "sheeeeeeeeiiiiiittttttt" once throughout, not even when he found out Adam was the killer! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,378 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

yabadabado wrote: »
    No significance at all from what I could gather.

I was half expecting it to come out that Michael had her bumped off, it wouldn't have been the most ludicrous thing in the show.

Yes I thought the Judge had her offed

It started well but went downhill with plotholes making no sense

• Registered Users Posts: 11,771 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

did I miss an episode
    which episode shows the detective discussing the mother photos 'she knew she was in trouble'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

did I miss an episode
    which episode shows the detective discussing the mother photos 'she knew she was in trouble'

You didn't miss anything. That seemed to be a mistake in one of the recap pieces at the beginning of one of the later episodes. They included a clip which hadn't been seen before.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,771 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

so the kid is
    a really bad shot
    ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Dreadful series. Plot was all over the place and completely unbelievable. As others have said, the son was so annoying. Stuck it out until the end to see what happens, but overall it was a complete waste of time.

Have to agree, some of the cinematography was nice but as a whole it failed on so many levels and it just fortified my previous opinion that Bryan Cranston is an extremely overrated actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Thought it was pretty much done at the end of season one. There’s nowhere for the characters or story to go from that finale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Could be said for the majority of successful TV shows in their first season.

I respect shows more for choosing to end after a successful first season.. Netflix coining the phrase "Limited Series" with that in mind I think.

Wouldn't be surprised if HBO balls up "Mare of Easttown" now with a second series with absolutely nothing to say, or where to go with it.

Most frustrating part of television at the minute IMO.

That's a shock considering how **** it was from episode 3 onwards.

The judge goes on a revenge killing spree wouldn't be too ott !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Django on a killing spree would be more entertaining 😂

I'll probably watch season 2, I found the first one unintentionally hilarious in places so if nothing else it could be amusing. The show did have a lot of potential though, so maybe they'll focus more on recreating the first couple of episodes rather than the train-wreck it turned into.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bugsyb4

Won't be rushing back to watch anyway!

Son was one of the most annoying characters I can remember in a show so unless they can think of a new way to kill him again nothing to see here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

First few episodes were superb, absolutely fell off a cliff though and I couldn’t bring myself to finish it

• Registered Users Posts: 60,368 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm not holding out much hope for this, maybe they might pull something good off given they (probably) won't get shut down again because of Covid. I'm not too optimistic about it though.

I'm shocked this got another season.

It started off good but absolutely fell apart after about 3 episodes.

Dont know what they can do with a second season.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,307 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Trailer time. I might tune in for the cast and Nu Orlinz stuff.

January 13.

Advertisement