Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Challenge [MTV]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

The Hughie interview on podge and rodge show is one of the funniest 10mins interview you will ever see on tv. It’s up there with the Oliver Reed big pipe interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,457 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Excellent start to the season. Lots of new faces is a good thing.

Can't see Hughie lasting beyond the first few episodes though. God I haven't cringed so much in a while... Not a good first impression! He barely featured in the episode after the first challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭PogoRach

I like the International Theme - it's a great way to introduce a sh*tload of new players from a variety of different shows in one season. From a casting standpoint it'll mean an even larger pool of reality shows to choose from going forward. I'm glad infiltration remains a thing, it was the aspect from last season I really loved.

That's my first introduction to Hughie ever, and so far he's like an Irish Josh... When Josh first came over from being on Big Brother to joining the Challenge I couldn't stand him, but he grew on me over time even though I still think he's a dope, so perhaps it'll be the same for Hughie given a bit of time. I can understand him barely featuring in the episode after that first challenge, because they had 34 people to give screen-time to and then obviously you tend to shift the focus to those in danger of being in elimination.

Best first impressions of the people I wasn't already familiar with would be Esther from Big Brother Nigeria, I instantly wanted to root for her, but hopefully she'll get infiltrated away from Fessy fairly sharpish before any of his awfulness rubs off on her...

Speaking of how awful Fessy is, I'm disappointed in Amanda. I've always kind of flip-flopped on whether or not I'm a fan of Amanda because she can be awful at times, but for the most part I've generally liked her overall, and her and Fessy being a thing is not endearing.

Could be a good season for Devin, he's gone down well so far with the Rookies, has a reasonably good rapport with most of the vets, and he's not feuding with Josh this season either, so could see him running the show, which I'm all in favour of.

Spoiler: Discussing Ep 2 Elimination...

Shame about Kelz being eliminated, thought he could've been a good character and good physical contender this season, but that said I was a fan of Ed from The Circle and Emy is a much bigger character than Tracy, so glad to see them stay and teamed up with Vets.

Yeah Hughie's definitely a lot like Josh for me. He's more than a bit of an eejit who you're not a fan of initially, but you start to warm to him and root for him pretty quickly.

Fessy as always is still the biggest d*ckhead in the house, now moreso than ever before, and I really can't wait to see the smug grin knocked off his face.

• Advertisement

Spoiler - Hughie was great on last nights episode which is week 4 I think. Very funny throughout the episode, he was hilarious in the eliminator who else would stop and start arguing with the opposition mid event. He actually excelled in both physical challenges. You can see too that he is very popular with the cast, he really is a gem of a reality star and is honest to the core.

Mod: Spoiler added (strike-through isn't spoiler)

Post edited by Mr E on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I find the vet vs rookie dynamic of the show to be incredibly frustrating at times. Maybe it's because unlike some long term fans I am more familiar with some of these rookies compared to a few real world cast members from long long ago.

How does one insert this spoiler alert?? Was looking but couldn’t figure it out.

@Man Vs ManUre Click the little paragraph symbol beside the comment box (it's underneath on mobile). Looks like a backwards P.

You can do headings, lists and more from here.

Click the quotes symbol and you have the option of doing a spoiler, quote or code block. Click the spoiler and work away... hope that helps.

Anyone still watching? 🙂

I tried to find out what happened to Ashley but there is very little info out there. She broke a rule of some sort and was removed off camera. I've heard it may have been an anger management issue? I wonder if we will ever find out.

• Advertisement

I’m still watching this every Monday on mtv. Ashley is still in it. Fezzy was removed for fighting his big brother buddy, and Hughie was eliminated after being a really great contestant, surely he will be back again. Tho I’m not sure about the recent split into 3 teams, that 1 team has won everything so far so bit unfair. I dunno why the winner of the elimination has not put themselves on that team, yet.

I've switched to watching it on MTV too as I think it's only a week behind the US release schedule these days which is good enough for me.

Given I continue to watch it must be doing something right but I'm always surprised how the show does little to nothing to level the playing field whatsoever. Vets being able to steamroll the rookies, the teams being originally picked based on performance in a challenge, no cap on amount of players in these team challenges etc. I'm not sure if it's coming from some moral position or a desire to keep their high profile players on the show for as long as possible.

I see a second All Stars season has started elsewhere. Am I right in thinking The Challenge - All Stars really means The Challenge - The Early Years Revisited?

Also, sounds like Ashley got abusive and said some things they didn't want to include in the edit to protect the others. That's my reading of the situation. I'm not her biggest fan.

Post edited by S.M.B. on

Getting to the pointy end of the competition now. Big names are going to start falling.

Good episode last night (in the US). No spoilers since some people are watching at the UK times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭pooch90

Really enjoyed last nights episode too. Elimination worth caring about!

This should be good tonight so. It’s a mens elimination, preview shows some problems between Kyle and Devon. Reckon Kyle goes to elimination anyway and will pick Josh if his team don’t win or Nelson if they do.

I like Kyle. He’s funny and is a rock star in the eliminations. I don’t get why everyone calls him a snake, seems to be he is always up against the odds. I remember few seasons ago he came 2nd male in the final, from nowhere, and that was after he was made stand outside most of the last night. Unfortunately there was no money for 2nd male that year. If anyone is a snake in it this season it’s these ones that are trying to slip and slide through the season unnoticed, Devon and Kaycee.

I don't dislike Kyle but I do feel he very much goes out of his way to play this snakey wildcard character, both within the came and as part of his confessionals. He's a witty guy but it always seems a little forced for me to really warm to him. The decision to target the Sapphire cell made zero sense. Behind the facade appears to be a decent enough guy though.

I've warmed to Josh recently which is a bit of a surprise given how obnoxious and petulant he behaved when he first appeared in BB.

Given how they've been split into cells is it clear how the final will play out? Do they compete as a team and share the winnings? Or compete against each other? Or nobody knows yet?

Another good one in the US this week. No spoilers, but daaaamn.... 🙂

I’d like to see an elimination between Tori and Kaycee and Tori getting her revenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭pooch90

The teams being so uneven is making it a bit annoying now. How is a team of 3 meant to beat a team of 5?

• Advertisement

I don’t get the 3 team split this season. Again this week it gives a big advantage to the team with the most numbers. Same team have practically won every week. And most weeks the winner of the elimination doesn’t pick to go into that dominant team, why?? EG - why did Kyle go back to CT he should have swapped with Count Dracula and teamed up with his buddy Devon. Why is that strong team almost threatening others not to infiltrate them, when that is the only positive I see in this 3 team structure, ie the power given to however gas the balls to go to elimination and win.

And why does Count Dracula think he is such a badass?? He has never been to elimination. Kyle has been down there at least twice this season, just because he didn’t pick him doesn’t mean he’s scared of him. He seems a likeable enough fella tho so guess he was just having fun with Kyle. But I’d like to see Tori ex Jordan come back and kick his ass.

I didn’t understand why did the Spanish guy pick Count Dracula for the elimination. He should have picked Devon, it didn’t look like a puzzle game, and he could have not picked his best buddy and made a name for himself by eliminating a ‘self appointed’ big player. Other than that the Spanish guy was pretty impressive throughout and even had some hanky panty with Big T.

Happy with the results (no spoilers!). Some surprise exits though!

I do think that last season was better though. I think the red skulls did a better job of pushing people into challenges.

I won’t know till I watch next Monday night, but am hoping to see Kyle do well.

Very disappointed with the result. 2 people who won had never been up against it, think the girl had maybe 1 elimination at the start. Very unlucky for the 2nd place bloke who was the true winner of the series. I guess he made the wrong decision on the last partner pick and should have stayed with his partner.

Seems the team lost it on the puzzle and paid the price with elimination of half them. Looks like they all got great cardio except Devon.

Can anyone make sense of the news about this shake up to The Challenge?

Looks like there will be a UK version on Channel 5. This summers US version will be on CBS and may only include CBS reality stars as opposed to the usual cast members. There will be two other international versions and the winners will all compete in a War of the Worlds season?

Anyone watching the new season? It's a total cracker. No Josh or Hughie either. 2 episodes are out. 🙂

The Ride or Die twist is excellent. No spoilers but I feel sorry for the person who was eliminated near the start of episode 2, only because their partner couldn't hack it.

• Advertisement

I love this show. I don’t think it’s out on mtv yet??

Advertisement