Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Challenge [MTV]

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,450 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

In the States. I had a look for a UK start date and couldn't find one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Looks like it's airing on MTV UK, 2 weeks behind the US schedule which seems to be the norm these days.

There's also 3 of the 6 The Challenge: Untold History retrospective available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

There is a Challenge Australia after starting now with the winners also going through to the international final.

Good one this week. Final starts next week! 100 hours long too, it's going to be seriously tough.

Had to have a little chuckle every time I saw "Nany's Cam". 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I watched that and Nany was lucky to get through. She is definitely one of the weaker ladies, hard to see her ever winning a final. That girl Nurys is some babe, and she was pretty good at the challenges too, but Amber is very strong and fit. Nurys wuda beaten most other girls in it, maybe not Tori, Kaycee or Amber.

• Advertisement

Jeez I was gutted by that ending. I was really rooting for them.

Hard not to feel so sorry for them after a great season. They earned their spot in the finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭pooch90

Awh me too, and her face afterwards (eek)

Jordan is being very annoying in the final but I understand his frustration. I still can't decide if he's a tool or nice deep down.

Pretty happy with the ending. Another exit due to injury (which was hard in fairness), but the winners did right by the 3 runner up teams in the end, so it was a happy ending for all.

Watcher the final episode last night. I thought the overall 100hrs final was not as good as previous few when they were trekking mountains in snow or heat. The cornfield setting didn’t work for me. The final task itself was too leaner towards getting part 2 of it correct, anyone who messed up there had no chance to recover, and that should have been moved to part 4 and final part.

Season 39 started last night. The general theme is "back to win" (previous contestants who have never won). No rookies this year, and no previous winners as competitors (to start with anyway).

It was good!

• Advertisement

Was it on mtv?? I don’t think it’s out in Europe yet I saw the promo’s all right but think it was US only. I have a real soft spot for Nurys she is some babe, and I see she is going out now with the cast mate Horacio now. Lucky guy!!

US only I think... I'm sure it'll come to Europe in time.

Was surprised to see this pop up on my radar given I've come to think of the CBS/P+ The Challenge US version (which just ended) as the main version these days.

Last time I checked there used be a two week lag between MTV US and UK/Ireland initial showings but not sure if things have changed since. I certainly am happy to wait to see when this arrives on MTV UK before watching.

It starts tonight here in Ireland mtv.

No love for the challenge this season?

The latest episode was a cracker. The elimination challenge was a great achievement for the winner.

Can't wait to see the fallout later this week.

I'm watching and enjoying mostly. Don't like the conquest eliminations though. Loved Jay before but he's being an ass this season.

The elimination competitions are OK, I think the way the contestants are picked is terrible.

And yeah, Jay is a dick this year.

I just think (fe)male vs (fe)male elims in the sand are a better way to do it. Yeah, the pick for them is rubbish. Would have been ok for one week but not more than that. Felt sorry for Zara with that big stupid wall.

Am watching this on mtv so not aware of recent developments, I believe this week is a big one, and looks like CT is the legend altho last week it was male also. But I don’t think this Chaos theme and bringing in the legends is working and the competition seems to be toned down a bit. It’s not as good as previous seasons. Dunno who will win it but Horacio and his buddy are great competitors, Jay is a bit of a weakling compared to them. As it’s just 1 winner at the end it cannot really be a physical challenge to separate the male from female, it will have to be top male and top female qualify via the normal big event that has bit of everything, then some last puzzle or something to pick the winner.

Are we happy with the winner? I am :)

I see a lot of horrible comments online though.

• Advertisement

Yeah it was a fair result. I'm glad Nurys got something out of it too... She had some massive knockouts (even though she was a bit obnoxious about them).

I was watching at MTV UK pace so didn't want to spoil myself by popping my head into this thread.

For some reason nowtv took down all available seasons of The Challenge and I wasn't sure if/when they'd return. Went and acquired the last 3 episodes elsewhere and binged them over the past 2 days.

Overall thoughts on the season.

• I did not like the game mechanics at all. It was a real struggle to get through the first 2/3s. I didn't mind the conquest challenges but possibly because what came before was even worse.
    • I had at some affection for most of the cast at the start of the season and there were a few contestants that I would have been rooting for in the past. This season made me pretty much dislike them all, certainly those that went deep. Jay was mentioned above but he was not alone.
    • They really have toned down the physicality haven't they? I'm relatively new to The Challenge (a few years of watching at this stage) so I'm more familiar with this next generation of cast members but the physical traits needed to be a champion seem vastly different to what they were not so long ago. Think it may have been the first MTV series I've watched that didn't have a hall brawl (or did I miss it?)

Advertisement