Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The official Christmas FM thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Driving home for Christmas- Chris Rea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

Posy wrote: »
    God, please please don't play this! :pac:
    The line "you scumbag, you maggot, you're cheap and you're haggard" never fails to make me want to throw the radio out a window. :p

are they the actual words

I always thought it said you scumbag you maggot you cheap lousy fa**ot.

am I the only one that hates this song.

couldn't stand it when I heard it first, can't stand it now. and will never be able to stand it. I turn the radio off when I hear it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Originally Posted by Posy viewpost.gif
    God, please please don't play this! pacman.gif
    The line "you scumbag, you maggot, you're cheap and you're haggard" never fails to make me want to throw the radio out a window

are they the actual words

I always thought it said you scumbag you maggot you cheap lousy fa**ot.

am I the only one that hates this song.

couldn't stand it when I heard it first, can't stand it now. and will never be able to stand it. I turn the radio off when I hear it.

You're lyrics are correct Dolphin, the Lyrics Posy mentioned feature in the Ronan Keating cover version of the song, a version we shall never speak of again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

Ronan, is there a pic of the Christmas Jumpers?

Also, where will you be selling them?

lockie1983 wrote: »
    You're lyrics are correct Dolphin, the Lyrics Posy mentioned feature in the Ronan Keating cover version of the song, a version we shall never speak of again.

That's right Keating changed the lyrics. With his wholesome image he couldn't be seen to be singing a swear word! Oh No! only bad people swear. The egomaniac thought he could take a classic, change the lyrics and get away with it. All this not taking into the account he can't even sing in the first place.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

That's right Keating changed the lyrics. With his wholesome image he couldn't be seen to be singing a swear word! Oh No! only bad people swear. The egomaniac thought he could take a classic, change the lyrics and get away with it. All this not taking into the account he can't even sing in the first place.

In Ronan's defence the original lyrics were prob offensive to Stephen! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭littlemis

Stop the cavalry by Jona Lewie.

you know the one ...wish i was at home for christmas......:)

littlemis wrote: »

I'm confused...why have people started suggesting Christmas songs all of a sudden? Wasn't that last year? It seems to have started after I mentioned Ronan Keating. The competition is over!

did he have the lisshpp on him singing it - he's such a plonker

oh ya, I remember that - brilliant.

• Advertisement

Interesting fact, that was never meant to be a Christmas record, although it mentioned Christmas in it, the artist wanted to release it in April, however the record company talked him out of it and they released it closer to Christmas and incorporated Christmas images into the music video.

I'm confused...why have people started suggesting Christmas songs all of a sudden? Wasn't that last year? It seems to have started after I mentioned Ronan Keating. The competition is over!

Oh I am so sorry to cause you such confusion,I men't to put it under the favorite song section, But as a matter of interest, as you say the competition is over, and it was so last year,why did you bring it up this year ????or have I misinterpreted.:)

Oh I am so sorry to cause you such confusion,I men't to put it under the favorite song section, But as a matter of interest, as you say the competition is over, and it was so last year,why did you bring it up this year ????or have I misinterpreted.:)
    All I wrote was I didn't want them playing Ronan Keating this year.

Interesting fact, that was never meant to be a Christmas record, although it mentioned Christmas in it, the artist wanted to release it in April, however the record company talked him out of it and they released it closer to Christmas and incorporated Christmas images into the music video.

Just goes to show ,I do learn something new every day,,,Thank you.:)I still love it though,but then I am a sucker for anything to do with Christmas..;)

Just goes to show ,I do learn something new every day,,,Thank you.:)I still love it though,but then I am a sucker for anything to do with Christmas..;)

Me too!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭glimmerman123

Will there be any testing before November 29th or will it just appear on launch day? Best of luck to all the team involved.:)

Will there be any testing before November 29th or will it just appear on launch day? Best of luck to all the team involved.:)

Well the iphone Christmas FM App has already started playing Christmas songs!! I love listening to it at night when I'm tucked up in a nice warm bed!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

1. Fairytale of New York - The Pogues

2. Christmas Time (Don't Let the Bell's End) - The Darkness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭glimmerman123

Well the iphone Christmas FM App has already started playing Christmas songs!! I love listening to it at night when I'm tucked up in a nice warm bed!! :D
    Guess i will have to listen on my internet radio if i can't pick it up on fm here in Tipp.

Guess i will have to listen on my internet radio if i can't pick it up on fm here in Tipp.

That's what I'm thinking too! :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Eeeek- I'm so excited now! I LOVE Christmas FM!! :D

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

We're streaming a test transmission loop on our website at the moment. Go to ChristmasFM.ie and click listen live.

Its really close now, station is all set up (I'll post pics at the weekend once its tidy) and this week presenter are doing dry run shows (not aired im afraid), to make sure they are well versed with the equipment for the live shows.

We're trying to put a big push on facebook so anyone who is on there please please "like" us. The amount of fans we have means more people find out about us and more money is raised for the charity Barnardos.

http://www.facebook.com/christmasfm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

136240.JPG

OH MAH GAWD AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

Anybody hear any yet or know when the likes of today fm are meant to play their first one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

I just saw an add in the paper. Christmas FM starts monday morning at 8am. Not sure if this is brand new or what but can't wait to hear whats it about.

Just saw an add in the newspaper for christmas FM , a radio station starting monday morning. God they'll hardly be playing xmas songs 24*7 :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭liamo22

This must be your first Christmas here in the Christmas Thread. Christmas FM has been going for the past 2 years this year will be its 3rd. log onto www.christmasfm.ie and find out more there or go back onto the Christmas page and look at the special Christmas FM Thread there. And yes they do play Christmas songs 24/7 ! :):)

Thanks. Didn't know about that radio station. First time i've seen an add regarding it. And i have been in and out of the christmas forum for a few years and didn't come across it here before either. At least i know of it now anyway. Might be better listening compared to all the doom and gloom on the other stations at the moment . Cheers

For more information on Christmas FM, check out this thread,

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055758416&page=9

• Advertisement

Yeah there's a megathread on it here. To be honest I had never heard the slightest thing about it until I checked the Christmas forum here in August. Looking forward to Monday. It seems to be playing at the moment over the website though.

Yeah there's a megathread on it here. To be honest I had never heard the slightest thing about it until I checked the Christmas forum here in August. Looking forward to Monday. It seems to be playing at the moment over the website though.

That's a test loop, just testing the signal, Monday should be fun! :)

Can't wait until tomorrow!! Snow AND Christmas FM, wow!! :D:D:D

Posy wrote: »
    Can't wait until tomorrow!! Snow AND Christmas FM, wow!! :D:D:D

It's beginning to feel alot like Christmas! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

This station really Rocks,Christmas FM has been Integrated into my celebrating of Christmas & hopefully will be around for ever ever more kinda like jesus.

What Christmas song is that ive just heard from Dido?,Nice I like it

Coming through loud and clear in Navan :D

The test yesterday was really great as I was mixing the Pud.

Top marks for playing the Quo:D :D:D:D

Loving it, been listening since 8AM :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

The iPod app and the online player both keep cutting out for me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

no sound when i click on the 'listen here', sound working generally though.
    Any ideas?

This link opens it in Winamp or whatever music player you have:

http://christmas48.webworld.ie:8000/listen.pls

This link opens a separate player, dosent work for me tho:

Link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I can't get it work at all, niether of the links from the previous post or from teh site itself. It just tells that the server is taking too long to respond :(

I bookmarked it in Winamp. This is the link it's pointing to:

http://christmas48.webworld.ie:8000/

It's working fine for me so maybe this might be of use to someone? I dunno.

Works fine for me on itunes, have to say I'm LOVIN' IT!!! :D

Loving Christmas FM too this year, woo! :D
    I've heard that 'Christmas Can Can' a couple of times, so catchy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 sauvignon

adore christmas fm - well done to all of you!
    love love these

driving home for christmas - chris rea
    grown up christmas list - michael buble
    you make it feel like christmas - neil diamond

play them anytime for me!
    from lesley and Emma and Rachel (11 and 8)

thank you and merry christmas !! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Fairytale of New York - The Pogues
    Merry Christmas, Everyone - Shakin Stevens
    Winter Wonderland
    Rockin Around the Christmas Tree - Brenda Lee (<3 from Home Alone)
    My Only Wish This Year - Britney

Got my Christmas Jumper in the post on Monday and it's fab!!!
    Thanks a mil, Ronan - seems good quality and the reindeer looks really jolly.:D

Is Christmas FM finished? All I'm getting is some American "Christmas across the lands". I thought they were on air until St Stephen's Day?

Think the Irish DJ's will be back on tomorrow or Stephens day. Christmas across the lands sucks, id rather they just put their playlist on shuffle for the night.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

Hey guys, Thanks for the feedback about the Christmas Around the World Feature, we'll keep it in mind for next year. As you can understand we're a volunteer station and its hard to get our volunteer presenter to fill up a full schedule on Christmas day. We're live till tomorrow, 26th which is our last day and will have the usual presenters back on for the last day.

So overall what did people think of the station this year?? Any suggestions for next year??

Advertisement