Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subnautica

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I know from working in those places that the "Civil" team they're talking about are the council in most cases, and shur we know how quick they are! Probably have to dig a duct. I'd look into VF if you can get it, no ducting required.

Vodafone don't use ducts? How do they do it? I haven't bothered looking for a different supplier, as i assume it would have to be Eir's civils team anyway, as KN said they needed to move the Eir connection point further down the path before they could setup the duct. Do VF do it via telephone pole?

Completely off topic, but i'm desperate at this stage :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Kiith wrote: »
    Vodafone don't use ducts? How do they do it? I haven't bothered looking for a different supplier, as i assume it would have to be Eir's civils team anyway, as KN said they needed to move the Eir connection point further down the path before they could setup the duct. Do VF do it via telephone pole?

My brother got FTTH with sky four days after ordering it.
    Personally id never touch eir again, im having great success since is switched to Airwire.
    I know we are going OT here but thought id mention it as it might be an option instead of waiting for eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Kiith wrote: »

Here it's ran along the ESB wires, and then from the ESB pole just stretched across to the house where they installed the ODU on the wall outside, ran a cable via the attic down into the sittingroom into the ONT. Very tidy, and went beyond what I asked them to do (drill through the wall, be grand, nah he says, into the attic and neatly into the sittingroom).

I was working for VF for a while, and while they had a Siro contract, I knew they had a FTTH contract with the ESB coming.

Edit: This is for the FTTH only, pretty sure the dsl/copper lines are still ducted.

On topic, I'm hopeful to get back to this at the weekend. Working tonight and the last 3 so will go hell for leather to finish Dying Light (I'm at the last fight with Rais) and then to the Lava Caverns (I think)!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Beep...beep...oxygen. Swim to the surface.

I went back to this but lost a couple of hours scavenging due to a corrupt recent save. This kinda stuff puts me off, but I know I will go back again!

• Advertisement

Only took a month, but went back to this a couple of nights ago and got the credits an hour ago. Satisfying ending, and nice little message after the credits too. I've 3 trophies left to get, two of which means I completely missed 2 areas/bases, and one which can be done in twenty minutes.

I'll keep it installed and mess about in creative mode for a bit, see what monstrosity I can build. Looking forward to Below Zero, even if its not supposed to be as good.

Also, I don’t know if this is a bug or not but if you eject from the seamoth while it’s moving you sometimes die instantly… Does this happen to anyone else? I was literally seconds away from my base when I lost a module that enables storage in the seamoth this way. :(

Its not a bug. When you eject from the Seamoth, you eject in front of it. If said Seamoth is moving, you get knocked down by said Seamoth :D

Below Zero out on the 14th of May. You have just over 2 weeks of freedom.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Never saw this before:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Thargor wrote: »
    Never saw this before:

Physics!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,520 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I've checked smyths, Argos and Gamestop for Subnautica: Below Zero and the PS4 version is around 30 while PS5 version is 35-40. The PS4 version has a free upgrade to PS5 so just a heads up to those who are gonna buy it. I've been reading it's not as good as the first but still still need to check it out.

I'll definitely be picking up Below Zero, will need something inbetween sessions of Mass Effect!

I'll definitely be picking up Below Zero, will need something inbetween sessions of Mass Effect!

Yeah my plan as well. Last time i played ME trilogy, i definitely felt the burn and ended up doing side stuff and never finishing 3. Want to play the remaster properly so my plan is get Resi 8, clear and sell it in a week and get Subnautica and ME and alternate sessions. Nothing else will get a look in for some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Started this last night. Seems good so far but no real clue what I'm at. Have extra O2 capacity, scanner and knife unlocked. Just exploring close to the pod but not sure how far I should venture with the limited supplies I have.

skerry wrote: »
    Started this last night. Seems good so far but no real clue what I'm at. Have extra O2 capacity, scanner and knife unlocked. Just exploring close to the pod but not sure how far I should venture with the limited supplies I have.

Make a repair tool to get the radio working and you'll start getting signals to investigate. Good starting point to give an idea of the things out there. Reading about people's experiences starting off, i can't wait to give Below Zero a go.

Speaking of Below Zero, i still don't get the difference in price between ps4 and ps5 versions. Seems like a no brainer to go with the cheaper last gen version and then get the free upgrade.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Make a repair tool to get the radio working and you'll start getting signals to investigate. Good starting point to give an idea of the things out there. Reading about people's experiences starting off, i can't wait to give Below Zero a go.

Speaking of Below Zero, i still don't get the difference in price between ps4 and ps5 versions. Seems like a no brainer to go with the cheaper last gen version and then get the free upgrade.

Thanks, I seen that on the fabricator list alright so will work towards that. Kind of aimlessly investigating at the moment so something that will give a bit more direction on what to check out would be useful

Just to check, skerry, I'm assuming you're checking the survival guide in the datapad? It tells you the first things you need to do.

Havent seen anything called Survival Guide specifically but there is a Survival Checklist in the rightmost tab of the datapab which gives a very high level list of things to do. I just need to adventure further away from the pod I think. Don't want things spelled out too much anyway as I'm guessing its not that kind of game so I'll just get more adventurous and try get mats to repair the other modules I've yet to sort out in the pod

Havent seen anything called Survival Guide specifically but there is a Survival Checklist in the rightmost tab of the datapab which gives a very high level list of things to do. I just need to adventure further away from the pod I think. Don't want things spelled out too much anyway as I'm guessing its not that kind of game so I'll just get more adventurous and try get mats to repair the other modules I've yet to sort out in the pod

I remember I was the same, wouldn't swim far from the pod so wasn't finding anything. Upgraded O2 is essential and then the equipment to help you travel further/faster. One thing that got me out of my comfort zone though was (putting this in spoilers in case you don't want to see it, basically how I found roughly how big the playable area was)
    deciding to just swim away from the pod as far as I could. Found the 'limit' and saw how many meters away I was. Did this in a few directions and found the rough size of the map. Made me a lot more comfortable to venture out then with an actual area in mind as the entire ocean is a bit daunting.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I remember I was the same, wouldn't swim far from the pod so wasn't finding anything. Upgraded O2 is essential and then the equipment to help you travel further/faster. One thing that got me out of my comfort zone though was (putting this in spoilers in case you don't want to see it, basically how I found roughly how big the playable area was)
    deciding to just swim away from the pod as far as I could. Found the 'limit' and saw how many meters away I was. Did this in a few directions and found the rough size of the map. Made me a lot more comfortable to venture out then with an actual area in mind as the entire ocean is a bit daunting.

Sound, good to know I won't just wander off into an infinite ocean and there's a limit to how far I can go initially. I think I need to sort a torch cos once it gets dark I'm kind of limited in how far I can adventure.

I've had it on Game Pass for a while and on PS5 now as its part of the collection. It's never been too high on my radar but I've been reading the updates on this thread and it definitely seems to be a title well worth investing my time in.

Progress, I now have fins so I can swim faster and catch up with/ swim away from fishies. Found cave sulphur so have repair tool fabricated now. Fixed anything that needed fixing in the pod. Still wandering around but progress at least

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Oh yeah get the fins/rebreather etc and upgrade them ASAP, massive improvement in comfort.

This and the sequel are out on Switch in a couple of days. Haven't played much on PS5 but I can see how this could be a great title to have portable

This and the sequel are out on Switch in a couple of days. Haven't played much on PS5 but I can see how this could be a great title to have portable

I think a game like this deserves the biggest screen possible. You will want to be surrounded by it, that's how good I found it. Would love to try the VR mode for it.

I have Below Zero bought, few euro off with Plus until today. I'm off the weekend so if I don't cave and get Mass Effect, I'll be taking my time exploring. And bricking it.

I think a game like this deserves the biggest screen possible. You will want to be surrounded by it, that's how good I found it. Would love to try the VR mode for it.

I have Below Zero bought, few euro off with Plus until today. I'm off the weekend so if I don't cave and get Mass Effect, I'll be taking my time exploring. And bricking it.

Never realised it had a discount, 27 euro for ps4 and ps5 version until Friday, very tempting but still trying to decide whether i want this physical or digital.

Gonna try Below Zero entirely in VR this time. In theory, it should be amazing, but will be interesting to see how it runs.

Advertisement