Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subnautica

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

This thread made me re-install and start a new game.

Built the Seamoth just before work (skipped the seaglide), and heading into some caves for some base blueprints next. Want to build myself a good base this time, and then gradually setup a few distant small bases. Didn't get that far in my first playthrough iirc, so shouldn't take too long to get to where i was.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,571 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Am i right in saying that if i park the sub up, drop the Prawn way down, i don't be able to get back up to it unless i can climb up a cliff to get nearer? Wondering if i should make the jetlack for it or will i be grand? Really don't feel like making anything else but really don't want to lose my prawn down there either.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,853 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I haven't had much use of the Prawn, but you do need to be able to get near the bottom of the Cyclops to get it back in, so definitely plan the route so you don't get caught. The jetpack is probably necessary the further down you go, but the starting jets should be enough to get up most areas, except for those sheer drop places. Either make sure you can get back up, or the Cyclops can go further down would be my advice.

It's the unknown is the worry. Ah will just bate down there and get get my sub as low as possible, will be grand :) must look up that entrance to lost river you mentioned up North.

What a journey back to the lost river. Couldn't see a thing, it was very flukey i even found the entrance. Only once i got there, i pressed a button and noticed i could switch between cameras, that would have helped earlier! Anyway, clumsily going down and realised i was below 900 and was officially in
    the lava zone...

Then i saw who lives there.... Now THAT is a leviathan, absolutely incredible.

Thank God for the drill arm, tons of kyanite for the final depth upgrade. Made my way inside the cliff to the incredible thermal plant. No purple tablets on me, forgot where i was going fuuuuuuuck. Back to the sub to find out had no power WTF i turned the lights off. Oh, those leeches suck energy cooooool. Got rid of them, put in 2 cells i had, retrieved 1 tablet, made another, let's try this again.

Back in, learned the secrets and location of the containment facility below. I was thinking I'd have to go back to my safe shallows base to make the upgrades and head back down but then remembered i have everything i need on the sub.... I hope so anyway, not sure what materials i need :(

Before making the trek from lava cliff to sub, i decided to save, hadn't done that since i left safe shallows in case i made a balls of the trip but I'm all in now. Made it back to my sub which i parked unknowingly over a deep lava pool but my prawn made the jump just to find the doors wouldn't open. ****ing power gone again. Made it back to the cliff, hopped out and BAM, big daddy nails me. Wake up in my sub with my blue tablet missing. I know i can probably make a new one but that save was fate.

Gonna give it a break now for the night as I've had a few late ones with this the lava zone is tense as **** but absolutely brilliant.

Edit: I'm short 4 titanium and 1 lithium to make the depth upgrade. F....M.....L

Edit 2: apparently lava zone has plenty of resources around me. Just 10 more minutes and then bed....

• Advertisement

Depth module for for sub and prawn plus was able to make 4 ion cells which give 1000 power instead of 200 from a regular cell. Made a huge difference from the power drainage especially when i don't have the resources to craft a heat energy mod.

Anyway, good to go but i can't find the entrance to go deeper reverb though i followed the directions. My controller died and couldn't be arsed plugging it in so definitely calling it a night now.

Just 10 more minutes and then bed....
    Last edited by Zero-Cool; Today at 00:10.

Today, 01:26 #67
    Zero-Cool

:pac:

I love those 76 minute long 10 minutes!

You've spurred me on to keep moving. I haven't read your spoilers because you're beyond me now.

Just 10 more minutes and then bed....
    Last edited by Zero-Cool; Today at 00:10.

Today, 01:26 #67
    Zero-Cool

:pac:

I love those 86 minute long 10 minutes!

You've spurred me on to keep moving. I haven't read your spoilers because you're beyond me now.

Right, absolutely my last post and going to bed :pac: yeah, avoid those spoilers, that place is definitely worth going in blind. Just bring a drill arm for the Prawn. Find of resources down there but mostly those big chunks you need a drill for. Also check if you want any mods from vehicle station upgrade as you can only do those at a moonpool, everything else in the mod station.

1400m down, absolutely ****ing awesome!

Story spoilers below but first an awful bug you can try avoid. In the facility you come to, the is an Ion rock you can drill, extremely important if you don't have ion cubes with you. Problem is, my prawn kept getting stuck in the floor, had to reload my last save 5 times. Found the truck is to jump on the platform right beside the rock, drill and jump off again. It gets caught in the steps if you try walking. Got stuck on random bits of the floor as well so get the rick, jump back to the entrance and of you can move ok, save. Do not save if you get stuck. Seems to be a regular issue people have, would be nasty if you saved by accident after it happens.

The Sea Emperor, what a majestic best. Such a cool bit of story as well. My next goal is the hatching enzyme which is a collection of plants from all over the ocean floor. Googled it straight away because feck looking for them blindly. Turns out each of the 4 warp gates in the facility brings you to a biome that has a specific plant and the last one is in the aquarium itself. Time to make some babies!

My game is gone incredibly buggy. Prawn keeps getting stuck in environment, saves take ages to finish saving, game crashes to XMB and now a story point was supposed to happen. After a few minutes of swimming around with nothing, I youtubed the scene and yupp, mine isn't kicking in so story can't progress. FPS taking an awful hit and pop in is getting even more worse than what it was.

Reloaded and story progressing now thankfully but game is ready to blow up seems like.

I'm in the end game now, bugs aside, this game makes me so happy.

• Advertisement

So I'm at the end of the game, about to take my last step but decided to leave out till tomorrow to soak it in when I'm not half asleep. I also managed to hatch a cuddlefish for the trophy but wish i did it sooner, they are awesome! High fives, magic tricks, coulda done with them sooner.

As for story..
    making the rocket wasn't bad at all, had most items already stocked, just needed to hunt lithium and titanium. Built it above my base which is near lifepod 5. Quite emotional seeing them altogether. 32 hours, what a journey and has become one of my favourite games of all time... Time to go home.

Roll credits, platinum in the bag, Jesus that was fun.

Reading up on Subnautica 2, seems like it's not as good as the first but still want to give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Definitely one of the best games of all time, I can remember every inch of it, no other game made an impression like that on me. I think about Subnautica more than any other I've played.

Subnautica Below Zero release date 14th May. Apparently the release date trailer has a lot of spoilers so won't link it

Same date as Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster so nothing else will be getting a look in but will definitely give it a go after that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Aye great game , game called Breathedge out on steam this week looks great it's basically subnautica in space might be worth a look.

Dcully wrote: »
    Aye great game , game called Breathedge out on steam this week looks great it's basically subnautica in space might be worth a look.

Aw that looks good, would definitely give that a look if it makes it to college.

Heading towards end game as well, after playing it quite a bit since Wednesday. Didn't get much work done this week :pac: Don't think i'll bother getting all the vehicles upgrades, as some of them require a serious amount of resources. Gonna focus on the story now, and head that direction.
    Been really looking forward to this, and didn't realise it was out already. Weekend sorted so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

My first thought when I happened upon someone streaming this was 'Nice! SN in space!' but, the reviews are not all so favorable: https://www.pcinvasion.com/breathedge-review/

Seems the initial survival area is the best part

Finished it this morning. Did cheat towards the end a bit, as i didn't bring a 2nd
    blue tablet with me, and i'll be ****ed if i'm going all the way back to my base and back again to get one.
    . Fantastic game, and was a really satisfying ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,760 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I see this is available on the Xbox Game Pass so I have it downloading now. Deadly! Also a big thanks to Zero Cool, for his love of the game made me decide to play it. Love ya bro!

• Advertisement

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I see this is available on the Xbox Game Pass so I have it downloading now. Deadly! Also a big thanks to Zero Cool, for his love of the game made me decide to play it. Love ya bro!

Ha, hope you enjoy it as much as i did!

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

New game will be coming out of early access soon looking forward to picking it up.

I'm itching to get back to this, but I'm near end game of Dying Light again, so I know if I go back to Subnautica I won't finish DL. Soon... Need to see this end game ye keep going on about!

Kiith wrote: »
    Heading towards end game as well, after playing it quite a bit since Wednesday. Didn't get much work done this week :pac: Don't think i'll bother getting all the vehicles upgrades, as some of them require a serious amount of resources. Gonna focus on the story now, and head that direction.

Been really looking forward to this, and didn't realise it was out already. Weekend sorted so :)

@Kiith did you check out Breathedge?

@Kiith did you check out Breathedge?

Not yet. Figthing with Eir to get my fibre installed after moving to a new house, and currently using a capped 4g connection...limits what i can download. Did get Valheim last night, as its only 1gb install though. Should keep me entertained for a while.

2 months and waiting on the installation at the moment.

**** Eir :mad:

Not yet. Figthing with Eir to get my fibre installed after moving to a new house, and currently using a capped 4g connection...limits what i can download. Did get Valheim last night, as its only 1gb install though. Should keep me entertained for a while.

2 months and waiting on the installation at the moment.

**** Eir :mad:

Thats terrible but not surprising with that shower, you still in Monasterevin?

Thats terrible but not surprising with that shower, you still in Monasterevin?

No, moved down to Kerry for the year. Able to get FTTH, but they need their Civils team to do some work. Current forecast date is 29th March. Lodged a complaint with them on Friday after being given the run around by a few of their support team. Not expecting anything from that though.

That's what i get dealing with Eir i suppose :rolleyes:

No, moved down to Kerry for the year. Able to get FTTH, but they need their Civils team to do some work. Current forecast date is 29th March. Lodged a complaint with them on Friday after being given the run around by a few of their support team. Not expecting anything from that though.

That's what i get dealing with Eir i suppose :rolleyes:

Yeah incredibly frustrating, good luck with it and the move.

I know from working in those places that the "Civil" team they're talking about are the council in most cases, and shur we know how quick they are! Probably have to dig a duct. I'd look into VF if you can get it, no ducting required.

• Advertisement

Best thing i did, internet wise was move from Eir to Vodafone. Cheaper, broadband only and better customer service. I imagine if you can get Eir, you can get Vodafone since they hire the same lines. Had to deal with Eir a few times since and each time was a nightmare.

Also top tip with Vodafone, if you are paying more than what another crowd is offering, ring them up and ask to cancel. The customer support can offer 5 euro off each month of you stay but refuse as the customer relations team can match or beat other prices with no arguing whatsoever.

Advertisement