Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sarah McInerney's voice

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,307 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    Lots of Irish Men have an issue with Irish women expressing opinions. They don't want to hear it. They don't see women as credible in discussing any issue of the day. This is an example. Hence there are no women on the radio.

Ugh so tired of this fallacy, should we have quotas for female radio presenters now too?

Men aren't the only people who listen to the radio so the idea that the reason there's not as many women on the radio as men is all men's fault is absolutely ridiculous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

OK - just to refer specifically to what you said....

You are referencing her modern day concerns to what your mother did back in the day; and equating the two situations to conclude that this Female presenter (your words) can go and fcuk herself because if your mammy was able to do it so she should be able to do it too.

Absolutely obnoxious, your choice as to what sort of language you use.

But the fact remains is that your judgement of the situation is to use other women as a benchmark; ergo this is perceived by you to be womens work.
    My judgement was based on my own experience, that's it. I used the two people that experience covered which included one woman, not women and somehow got dragged into some bullcrap argument about women's work because apparently mentioning that my father did the some of the same work sometimes proved I was a sexist pig.

Yes, the language might have been obnoxious, that's my choice, just as being offended primarily on someone else's behalf is yours. In both cases, nothing actually happens.
    2. You clearly clearly clearly have no idea how much work is involved in cleaning up after kids. Back in the day, disposable nappies may not have been available in Aldi, a 40 pack for 6.99. I would suggest to you pal that if they were that your mother would not have been using disposable nappies.

Complete inability to see beyond your own narrow framework of the world to see other people's point of view.
    I didn't claim to know anything about kids, no, yet you can suggest you know what my mother would do. You clearly clearly clearly, etc....
    3. As for the 'your not curing cancer' comment - yep, that's not something I see levelled at Al Porter, Ryan Tubridy, Pat Kenny, Sean Moncrieff or any other male presenter - but here we have you saying it about Sarah McInerney.

Lots of Irish Men have an issue with Irish women expressing opinions. They don't want to hear it. They don't see women as credible in discussing any issue of the day. This is an example. Hence there are no women on the radio.
    Do I really have to explain why I was saying it about Sarah McInerny? Her name in the thread title wasn't enough of a clue? If I happen to have a negative opinion of something a female broadcaster says, do I have to come up with a negative opinion for a male broadcaster each time for balance? Actually, now that I come to think of it, I did express a negative opinion of Al Porter on Boards some time ago so I'm actually in credit regarding negative comments about female broadcasters (but I'm probably a homophobe, so you know, swings and roundabouts).

So where were you when Al needed you to defend him?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Bizarre thread. She's got a standard West accent and her voice is just normal (nothing wrong with that). Honestly, take the lad out of ye're hands and cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭blackcard

Her voice reminded me of Niamh from Fair City so in my head that was what she looked like

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭blackcard

Her voice reminded me of Niamh from Fair City so in my head that was what she looked like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Bizarre thread. She's got a standard West accent and her voice is just normal (nothing wrong with that). Honestly, take the lad out of ye're hands and cop on.

Your mellifluous voice radar seems to be crocked

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭Pictures Of Lilly

Alright, I think we'll call it a day here. I'm bored of her now. Since I realised she's kids, maybe there's something not so sexy about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,183 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

She's says "de de de de de de" to shut people up when they interrupt her... That's a deal breaker for me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭Pictures Of Lilly

She's says "de de de de de de" to shut people up when they interrupt her... That's a deal breaker for me
    Actually that's quite hot. They shouldn't be interrupting her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Alright, I think we'll call it a day here. I'm bored of her now. Since I realised she's kids, maybe there's something not so sexy about that.

Beyoncé is sexy, she has kids....and a nice voice.
    I've never seen her and Sarah together now that I think of it. Hmmmm.

(Actually I've no idea what Sarah looks like so she could well be in every second Beyoncé video for all I know!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement