Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xbox One/360 Dashboard & Update Discussion (Retail/Beta/Preview Versions)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

deco nate wrote: »
    How do you know when you're in? Misky sent an invite last week, but nothing on my end yet.?

You get a message from Xbox .....on your Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

deco nate wrote: »
    How do you know when you're in? Misky sent an invite last week, but nothing on my end yet.?

If you don't know that you're relationships won't last long :)

Microsoft message you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Can you watch tv without the xbox turned on. Or is it simply turning the xbox on and using the upc box as normal?

Basicly is it girlfriend proof?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Can you watch tv without the xbox turned on. Or is it simply turning the xbox on and using the upc box as normal?

Basicly is it girlfriend proof?

At the moment, no. It boots to the Dashboard and you have to switch to TV. But there's an enhancement request in for having a "Boot to TV" option that will probably be in an update before October.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

Invites not needed for Destiny Beta ant more, on Xbox One anyway. What is all the TV talk? Does the latest update allow you to watch TV on the Xbox? If so how? Is it as simple as plugging the HDMI in to the Xbox One?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

twam2008 wrote: »
    Invites not needed for Destiny Beta ant more, on Xbox One anyway. What is all the TV talk? Does the latest update allow you to watch TV on the Xbox? If so how? Is it as simple as plugging the HDMI in to the Xbox One?
    You could always watch TV through the Xbox (Plug HDMI cable from Set-top box, Sky Box, UPC Box, etc. into the HDMI in on the Xbox).

With the last update, they added support for set top boxes outside of the US (so the Xbox would use Kinect and you could control almost everything with voice commands, smart glass or game controller) and had programme guide information for UK platforms.

With the August Update, currently in Preview, they are adding support for Irish TV Channels and program guides. So you can bring up the OneGuide (say "Xbox OneGuide" and it will bring up the TV guide) or change channels ("Xbox Watch RTÉ1" or something similar will switch the channel)

There are likely some issues because it will expect the channels to be in a specific order: e.g. using the OneGuide by Controller or Voice to select RTÉ1 will actually send out the IR code for channel "1", if you have a different channel at position "1" on your Set-Top box, then the Xbox doesn't know this and will switch your telly box to "1" and you will get that channel.

There is an enhancement request to allow the creation of a custom channel list on the Xbox Feedback site (HERE), if it gets enough votes it might be included in a future update.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Any chance of an invite Misky? GT: Judge G. Would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah lads any chance of an invite
    RJ MacReady69 is me Tag

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Yeah lads any chance of an invite
    RJ MacReady69 is me Tag

Invited

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

Thanks Fingleberrie, wouldn't have used it without OneGuide working. Have added my support to feedback.
    You could always watch TV through the Xbox (Plug HDMI cable from Set-top box, Sky Box, UPC Box, etc. into the HDMI in on the Xbox).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

twam2008 wrote: »

You could always watch tv on the xbox , just plug the Hdmi of what ever box you have into the HDMI input slot on the xbox.Have the saorview box in it since launch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Got a mandatory update there, not sure if its the new update or another preview as I'm in the beta, I'll report back later.

Edit: Still showing the 1408 version number, only thing different I've noticed is a new icon for activity feed notifications on the main dash below your gamerscore and above the message icons

Just looking a the quests in the preview app , one is to test changes from installing from disc , cba doing that but I assume it means speeding it up. another is to test buying stuff from smartglass and again there's nothing I want to pay for to test it, I will try it with the new games with gold on friday though and see will it work while im out and have the game waiting to be played when I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Can i get an invite from some charitable soul?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

Can someone give me an invite please? joeblo maestro is my gamer tag.

Can i get an invite from some charitable soul?
    Maestro84 wrote: »
    Can someone give me an invite please? joeblo maestro is my gamer tag.

I'll send you both one now.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Hears6

Any chance of an invite to this? GT: Ripples157

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

How long does it normally take for access to the preview program?

I think one of you invited me last week but still no message

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

All discussion related to EA Access moved to its own thread - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057259396

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Would anyone be able to send an invite my way?

Gamertag is Caffo

CatInABox wrote: »
    Would anyone be able to send an invite my way?

Gamertag is Caffo

Sent one there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Anyone like to send me an invite please.I was on the 360 preview program,but not in the Xbox One program.Thanx in advance;)

My GamerTag is bazzz3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

only just got the xbox one and have 0 games so far so i would like an invite to the preview program so i can at least play a few games with ea access.

gamertag is mayor26

thanks

bazzz wrote: »
    Anyone like to send me an invite please.I was on the 360 preview program,but not in the Xbox One program.Thanx in advance;)

My GamerTag is bazzz3

Yup, sent there now!

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    only just got the xbox one and have 0 games so far so i would like an invite to the preview program so i can at least play a few games with ea access.

gamertag is mayor26

thanks

I'll send you 1 now but you don't get an invite instantly. It could take days or weeks depending one when Microsoft send out the invite batches and then I'm not sure if you would get an invite to EA Access. It might be public by the time you get it.

If you have Xbox Live Gold then make sure to get Max: The Curse of Brotherhood and Guacemelee games from the market as they're free for another day only. Then it will be Crimson Dragon on August 1st for free followed by Strike Suit Zero in the second half of August.

There's also some free to play games such as Powerstar Golf and Killer Instinct as well as other game demos to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Kevvv

Anybody able throw an invite my way?

GT: iKevvv

Cheers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I'll send you 1 now but you don't get an invite instantly. It could take days or weeks depending one when Microsoft send out the invite batches and then I'm not sure if you would get an invite to EA Access. It might be public by the time you get it.

If you have Xbox Live Gold then make sure to get Max: The Curse of Brotherhood and Guacemelee games from the market as they're free for another day only. Then it will be Crimson Dragon on August 1st for free followed by Strike Suit Zero in the second half of August.

There's also some free to play games such as Powerstar Golf and Killer Instinct as well as other game demos to try.

ahhhh ok ,cheers for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

Sorry for the OT but since when is Powerstar Golf Free to play :D

Kevvv wrote: »
    Anybody able throw an invite my way?

GT: iKevvv

Cheers :D

Done
    Al_Coholic wrote: »
    ahhhh ok ,cheers for the advice.

No probs, happy gaming :)

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Kevvv

Done

No probs, happy gaming :)

Fairly flat out on the invites there :pac:

Kevvv wrote: »
    Fairly flat out on the invites there :pac:

Awh shtop. I kind of hijacked the invite business here lol :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I just did an update which may or may not have just wiped my xbox :/ Just got the onboardiing intro asking me to select my language & country

Advertisement