Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAAGO™ the subscription-based online streaming service from the GAA and RTÉ Digital

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Gonna be away for the Munster final. Any update on what the service is like at the moment? Do you get the whole build up as well or is it just the match?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Quality is not perfect, but could be your only option,

They show the build up and analysis as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Quality isnt the worst though. Most important would be to have a decent WIFI sorted. I had awful difficulty in Italy because every place is happy to offer free wifi, but with heaps of people connected your speed can be fairly slow.
    Even the hotel which was good on the saturday for a qualifier game was so bad the next day that even listening to the match on the radio was impossible.
    But definitely be aware of the problem of crap free wifi and have your options and backup plan in place as WIFI may be a bigger problem than the player itsself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

Was thinking of watching Dublin - Mayo on the weekend, but 14 euro was too steep. Disgraceful price. I can have unlimited access to thousands of films on Netflix for 8 euros a month. To watch a single match in an amateur sport I have to fork over a pay per view fee of 14 euros.

I know there is the season pass, but I have absolutely no interest in that. I wouldn't watch more than five matches in a season and 160 / 5 = 32 euros a match.

Fed up of Ireland regarding emigration as a safety valve and emigrants as a cash cow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Despite the high price, it would be neglectful to not mention the poor quality.

The site regularly dropped yesterday during the Dublin-Mayo match, and the Sunday Game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

Yeah, with Netflix you get flawless HD streaming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Despite the high price, it would be neglectful to not mention the poor quality.

The site regularly dropped yesterday during the Dublin-Mayo match, and the Sunday Game.

You'd think they just rent extra bandwidth from Amazon etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

irishgeo wrote: »
    You'd think they just rent extra bandwidth from Amazon etc.
    they already have a streaming partner Stream AMG (also known as Stream UK)
    http://www.streamuk.com/streamamg-rte-partner-deliver-gaelic-games-global-audience/
    I'd presume they have enough capacity.
    They seem to be VERY europe centric so it might explain the bottlenecks in other regions of the world. Theres very little info on what's going on

You can compare that to the BBC which do give decent hints on how they run their systems. Here for example:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bbcinternet/2012/08/audio_video_stream_olympics_tech.html
    and theres a better more detailed article somewhere but I cant find it at the moment. Indeed, thats for a number of live streams in paralell, but even for the GAA player you'd have a certain level of sophictication in the back end in order to distribute loads and whatnot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Thought I could get the game in Bahrain on rye player then seen this gaago. Bit steep if you ask me. Not worth it on the little connection I have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Said i'd give this service another go for the replay. this is how ive watched the match so far.

JQL3Pm.png

I think i'm done with it now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement