Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PlayStation Bargains mk2 (**NO CHAT** Mod edit in post #1).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,620 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Gamestop have their first wave of black Friday sales up. Fairly crap but Vampyr is a tenner, totally worth it, loved it.

Link for the lazy: https://www.gamestop.ie/SearchResult/QuickSearch?promotion=4044

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

mrcheez wrote: »

Yakuza 0 for a tenner is a must as well.

The Persistence for €10 should be a definite purchase for PSVR owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Yakuza 0 for a tenner is a must as well.

I rarely buy games from local GS.How are they with online orders?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Never had a problem with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Very hit and miss.

Yeah I remember when I used them that I'd pay for a new copy and often get a quite obviously pre-owned copy. There was no way to make a complaint either. Cowboys.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,639 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Yeah I remember when I used them that I'd pay for a new copy and often get a quite obviously pre-owned copy. There was no way to make a complaint either. Cowboys.
    They did the same to me too. Scummy thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

They're an awful company really, I made a complaint they came back with cheek in the email. Blocked me off Twitter and Facebook cause I called them out. Twats.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    They're an awful company really, I made a complaint they came back with cheek in the email. Blocked me off Twitter and Facebook cause I called them out. Twats.

I emailed a complaint recently about my trade-in switch being graded wrong and they refunded me and an extra tenner on a gift card. They may have changed their ways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭TrivialArguer

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Tesco had two massive bins full of Xbox One, Switch and PS4 games, ranging from €5-30. Red Dead, COD, Battlefield, Pokemon, Smash.

How much was RDR2? which CoD@

Bought one thing off them before and it was sent the next day.

sweetie wrote: »
    I emailed a complaint recently about my trade-in switch being graded wrong and they refunded me and an extra tenner on a gift card. They may have changed their ways.

They're in trouble nowadays aren't they? Thought I saw something about big losses Stateside. Karma.

EDIT: Sorry for all the chat...won't continue it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

How much was RDR2? which CoD@

Bought one thing off them before and it was sent the next day.

RDR 2 €20 in my tesco, COD: Black Ops was €15. I don't know what black ops it was, its not a series i follow but presumbaly recent enough.

Shipment already processed and on its way! Nice!

I never had an issue when I ordered South Park The Fractured But Whole boxset last year, but will update ye later when I get these "new" copies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Black Friday deals in USA/Canada announced. Time will tell if we get the same here

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/11/18/playstation-2019-black-friday-cyber-monday-deals-revealed/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Black Friday deals in USA/Canada announced. Time will tell if we get the same here

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/11/18/playstation-2019-black-friday-cyber-monday-deals-revealed/

We usually do, probably will be announced tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

JimBurnley wrote: »

Fairly class sale, days gone 20, PlayStation hits titles for 10, vr with bunch of games for 200, 25% off ps plus year sub. Hopefully we get similar.

Fairly class sale, days gone 20, PlayStation hits titles for 10, vr with bunch of games for 200, 25% off ps plus year sub. Hopefully we get similar.

Aye, can see me picking up Days Gone (again) and GOW for combined 30 squids

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Gamestop have their first wave of black Friday sales up. Fairly crap but Vampyr is a tenner, totally worth it, loved it.

I've ordered 3 for 2 on this and even though they are marked as NEW on the invoice and on the website, when the games arrived they were clearly preowned and used! Disgraceful. I've emailed them and got a canned response about returning the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Brozy

Some good deals there alright.

That VR bundle with 5 games is tempting. Is that 1st gen VR?

I'd like to give days gone a spin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Brozy wrote: »
    Some good deals there alright.

That VR bundle with 5 games is tempting. Is that 1st gen VR?

I'd like to give days gone a spin.

2nd, no 1st gen are being made anymore.

wong wrote: »
    I've ordered 3 for 2 on this and even though they are marked as NEW on the invoice and on the website, when the games arrived they were clearly preowned and used! Disgraceful. I've emailed them and got a canned response about returning the games.

Weird. All mine are mint and still in wrapping.

I wonder if u could bring them to a shop to exchange?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Jayisplay

Got far cry 5 in Tesco maynooth for €13 today , all the other ones I wanted were gone, they had plenty of red dead, anthem , uncharted 4 , destiny 2 and a few more

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

mrcheez wrote: »
    Weird. All mine are mint and still in wrapping.

I wonder if u could bring them to a shop to exchange?

The games clearly look preowned and the support desk are feeding me some spiel about how the games are taken out of their wrapping before being put up on the shelf and the discs are store in their filing cabinet. However, the disks are scratched as hell.

I have contacted the CCPC about it.

Which games did you get by the way?
    I got Vampyr, Battlefield 1 and Prey (which still hasn't even arrived yet)

The games clearly look preowned and the support desk are feeding me some spiel about how the games are taken out of their wrapping before being put up on the shelf and the discs are store in their filing cabinet. However, the disks are scratched as hell.

I got one game I wanted: The Persistence

and 2 games I intend to sell to basically get The Persistence for free!

Don't want to say which ones just yet... will update when they're sold :)

I'd wager the fact I got lesser known games might have played into the fact I was likely to get brand new editions. But still if it says "N" on the invoice you received then definitely walk into a shop and explain the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Destiny 2 is free to play for a while now so don't buy that anyone you'd be wasting your money.

Mine arrived today. Got Vampyr, Persistence and Wolfenstein Cyberpilot. Only the latter was sealed so the others may have been 2nd hand. Look in good condition though so doesn't bother me too much, but can understand the annoyance. As long as they work OK I'll be happy enough at that price, will most likely trade them in myself when I'm done with them anyhow.

A few times i've bought 'new' games intended as a bithday/xmas gift and they've come unsealed and dirty looking. It's not acceptable. New needs to be sealed.

I've no problem buying used for myself when they're advertised as such.

A few times i've bought 'new' games intended as a bithday/xmas gift and they've come unsealed and dirty looking. It's not acceptable. New needs to be sealed.

I've no problem buying used for myself when they're advertised as such.

Completely agree. These are for me which is why I won't kick up a fuss this time (as long as they are working). But if advertised as "new" there's no excuse for sending 2nd hand / unsealed, and don't see how they can defend that tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,265 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

It's been a long while since I bought a game in Gamestop, but I do remember them having the game boxes on shelves, but the game disc was kept behind the counter, so they would have to pop it in when you bought it. In retrospect, crappy system...

Advertisement