Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Luigi's Mansion 3

13»

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,394 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Yep that's the one :pac:. There's an achievement in that room as well
    put all the balls into the pockets

There's achievements on switch games now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,352 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mickeroo wrote: »
    There's achievements on switch games now?

I got a pop up down the bottom left anyway. Maybe achievement isn't the right word and it's a challenge in game?

• Corholio wrote: »
    Have to say this game is absolutely beautiful. The animations are some of the best Nintendo have ever done. Controls take a little getting used to but become natural after a short while.

That Mario Strikers easter egg is cruel though if it's just that :P Would love that game on Switch.

Luigi
    hopping out the window and walking along the edge of a building
    is the best thing since sliced bread :D

*Edit* Sorry probably a minor early game spoiler (maybe :/)

Luigi hopping out the window and walking along the edge of a building is the best thing since sliced bread :D

You can get out the windows? I never even tried that!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,534 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

TitianGerm wrote: »
    You can get out the windows? I never even tried that!!

On floor:

Mr E wrote: »
    On floor:

Haven't gone there yet. Just on floor 3 (I think) now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,108 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Was just about to post this, finished watching this between various things on tonight. I have to say I'm very impressed, especially given the limitations. They did an excellent job. I was saying elsewhere a few days ago when watching footage, it looks great, though when you see 3rd party games on Switch, and what they look like elsewhere... But then again, one can say, you shouldn't miss that which you never had.

Edit: And be grateful what you do have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

I'm calling it now. Hoovering simulator of the year.

• tailgunner wrote: »
    I'm calling it now. Hoovering simulator of the year.

Better than Kojimas walking one that's for sure :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,284 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just finished this. Really enjoyed it.
    All gems and Boos collected.
    Ended up looking up the location of one gem in the museum as couldn't find it after searching for ages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,488 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Picked it up on Halloween but finally played it today. Love it so much so far. Humour is brilliant. A good bit easier than LM2 so far (the ghost slamming makes it a lot earlier) but still very enjoyable. Plenty to go though so maybe it's just early on :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Coming to the end of it now, it's not that long a game really. Fantastic for what it is, charming, funny, endearing. Really wonderful.

I remember getting Luigi's Mansion 1 with my Gamecube, playing it to death, finishing it in a day or two and trading it in for Smash Bros Melee. I might be doing the same here I think* unless I can think of how I can play this again.

*the trading in part, not the Smash Bros part.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Rhyme wrote: »

You know you want to!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Rhyme wrote: »
    unless I can think of how I can play this again.

I believe there’s DLC on the way for it at some point. Have you managed to get all the gems & rare ghosts?

You know you want to!

I bought Smash Bros on release but that game really shines in multiplayer so I passed it on. I've a kid now who won't be interested in playing games for a good long while so I figured he'll be ready for games by the time the next Smash Bros comes out.
    AMGer wrote: »
    I believe there’s DLC on the way for it at some point. Have you managed to get all the gems & rare ghosts?

Most of the gems, yes and plenty of the rare ghosts. I've not looked up what I'm missing. Coming up to the final boss now. I'll probably hold on to see what the DLC is and if I'm disappointed I'll then wait for Gamestop to have one of those 'get this new game for free if you trade in a game from the list' deals and pounce.

I think I just prefer games I can lose myself in at the moment, or games that can briefly offer fun challenge and then return for more later on. I keep on coming back and replaying Zelda and the Steamworld games. Pokemon this week and plenty more over Christmas and in the new year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

2 question
    I'm up on 5th floor looking for Gadds suitcase and a ghost has gone off with it and he told me to look at doors and walls with that special light but I can't see anything?
    Ive found a couple of hidden areas but can't seem to access them, the gargoyle and the room with the washing machines and golden mouse. Are these accessible when I get the vacuum upgraded?

sweetie wrote: »
    2 question
    I'm up on 5th floor looking for Gadds suitcase and a ghost has gone off with it and he told me to look at doors and walls with that special light but I can't see anything?
    Ive found a couple of hidden areas but can't seem to access them, the gargoyle and the room with the washing machines and golden mouse. Are these accessible when I get the vacuum upgraded?
    If I remember correctly, the ghost goes from the rightmost room through rooms to the left, then goes back to the rightmost room again. If you shine the blacklight on the door, you will see the outline of the ghost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,284 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Floor 8 spoiler
    Had to laugh at Luigi's less than enthusiastic reaction to catching the director

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Floor 8 spoiler
    Had to laugh at Luigi's less than enthusiastic reaction to catching the director

My favourite is when you complete a task as Gooigi and Luigi (in his semi-comatose state) also does a little victory gesture but decidedly half-heartedly and with his eyes closed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I playing it only ten minutes at a time and it's lots of fun.
    Really enjoying it.
    I read the Edge review and there's little there I would disagree with, but the 7/10 does seem a little harsh, perhaps it better deserves an 8/10.
    Ignoring the score and just reading the review, it certainly is a recommended title for the system, especially if it's the first time in an age, or just the first time.
    If and when I finish it I might go back and playthrough the original on my Gamecube and then the second one, which I have never played, on the 3DS.

I have a soft spot for Dark Moon, because there are distinct levels (and incentives to go back and replay them).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Len_007

Any one managed to invert the y axis?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Really enjoying this now, some of the later levels are very imaginative and hard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Still haven't got my preorder.
    Money on hold on my paypal account still.

I assume its gone out of stock. Nintendo support just tell me it'll come back in stock but won't give me a date.

Has anyone experience of this? Will I ever get my Luigi lamp??

• Advertisement

Raging...

Due to the overwhelming popularity of Luigi's Mansion 3 Luigi & Polterpup Collector's Edition Figurine it has unfortunately become out of stock.

Regrettably we have had to cancel this item from your order and we apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Raging...

Is that the keyring that came with pre-orders or the lamp? If it's the former, I might have my one lying around here.

I've only the one and two competitive nieces so I can't give it to them :)

No I went all out for the lamp, unfortunately.
    I learnt me lesson after missing out on the Mario Kart trophies, so now I always go for the fancier pre-orders!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Anyone else feel like Scarescrapper has got more difficult since the game update for DLC this week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Groovigi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

Bought this and traded it in after 4 floors, very repetitive and boring I felt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

currently 33% off in the e-shop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

I enjoyed it. Some of the levels are very clever, some are tough as hell. But overall I enjoyed it. And it's definitely one of the best looking games on Switch.
    Traded it in for €32 after I was done. Think I bought it online for around €50. Definitely got €20 worth of enjoyment out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭itsa_me_mario

I enjoyed it. Some of the levels are very clever, some are tough as hell. But overall I enjoyed it. And it's definitely one of the best looking games on Switch.
    Traded it in for €32 after I was done. Think I bought it online for around €50. Definitely got €20 worth of enjoyment out of it.

This game never clicked for me. I always wanted to try a Luigi Mansion game, and got this. Think I need to give it another go or sell it (thank you physical game). Think I got to the 3rd floor ... the Chef/Kitchen boss.

• Administrators Posts: 54,090 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I have it, I'm on the 5th or 6th floor and well bored now.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭plibige

Can completely understand people saying it didn't click for them. It took me until the 7th or 8th floor to really get into it. I enjoyed it up until that point, but the flow really up a notch. And some clever puzzles and use of equipment happens post this point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭itsa_me_mario

plibige wrote: »
    Can completely understand people saying it didn't click for them. It took me until the 7th or 8th floor to really get into it. I enjoyed it up until that point, but the flow really up a notch. And some clever puzzles and use of equipment happens post this point

Ok thanks ... Will get it out at Halloween ! And give it another go.

Advertisement